Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

4 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Not sure I even agree with the sentiment of steady decline. My list runs like this:

Funeral - 10/10

Neo Bible - 9/10

Suburbs - 10/10

Reflector - 8/10

Everything Now - TBC

Well seeing as we're doing lists..

Funeral - 9.5/10

Neon Bible - 10/10

Suburbs - 9.5/10

Reflektor 8/10

Everything Now 7.5/10

I've never been able to rank the Arcade Fire albums particularly consistently. I don't even agree with the apparently universal fact that Funeral is this untouchable #1, its peaks are phenomenal but there's plenty I can do without - but that goes for all their albums. If anything I think the quality of their output is remarkably consistent, and Everything Now doesn't change that. It fulfils their potential for putting out a brilliant, tight and consistently danceable pop album in a way that Reflektor didn't quite hit. Absolutely love it. Needs time to digest obviously, but Creature Comfort at least is one of their best songs. Certainly top 5.

Admittedly I come from a different perspective than most, having not bothered with them until I saw they were working with James Murphy and loving the track Reflektor. So my initial impression of them definitely comes more from that dancey direction.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well it came out in 2005 here, I believe, so slightly less time has flown. Though the concept of albums being released half a year later in different countries is finna make you feel even older. :lol:

Ah, it still happens with some debut albums! Notoldnotoldnotoldnotold

Edited by fowls

Funeral - 9.4/10

Neon Bible - 7.7/10

Suburbs - 9.2/10

Reflektor - 9.5/10

Everything Now - 7.5/10

(exact order varies, but personally I see Funeral, Suburbs and Reflektor as top tier AF, and Neon Bible and Everything Now as second tier AF)

Edited by fowls

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Think I'll watch this hip and trendy Apple Music album show tonight and hopefully listen on wax tomorrow morning. Even with all the middling reviews, those last two tracks have received near unanimous praise so I'm looking forward to those two in particular.

What time does it start in this part of the world?

4 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

What time does it start in this part of the world?

1:30 I believe.

14 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Do you need to have Apple music to watch? 

Also saving myself for the wax 

Probably. Not certain though, can't quite check because it just opens up the thing in my Apple Music. :P

Weirdly let the negative consensus somehow dampen my enthusiasm, but on first listen of how it's actually supposed to sound, I like it a lot. Even Chemistry, although daft and probably still a bit shit, now seems kind of fun to me, and I'm annoyed at myself for rushing to get a negative take in on it at the first possible opportunity.

Obviously the pun is massively corny, but the Infinite Content tracks work fine as part of serving the concept and both sound really good, as does everything on the album. So many nice details throughout. 

A big criticism seems to be that it lacks emotion, but the last few songs feel highly emotional imo. *shrug emoji*

Edited by bocumaroy
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Can anyone who nabbed tickets for Manchester let us know what the final cost inc. fees/delivery etc was? Sorely tempted to get a ticket now and treat myself to a weekend in Manchester in April..

With ticketmaster it was £133.10 for two. Would be £69.30 for a single ticket (since postage is the same regardless of how many tickets ordered).

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, fowls said:

With ticketmaster it was £133.10 for two. Would be £69.30 for a single ticket (since postage is the same regardless of how many tickets ordered).

Champion, cheers. Will be a very nerve wracking morning trying to simultaneously get LCD Soundsystem and Arcade Fire tickets at the same time, God help my bank account.