Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Were the support acts any good by the way? Sounded a bit like pretentious bollocks to me, but I've seen him have some good supports before.

I'm hoping so. I would prefer the French band (always have a bit of je ne sais quoi) to the self fellatio one tomorrow. My only other Cave reference was Grinderman in Leeds with a shit 3 piece noise making exercise, involving dissassembling saxophones and banging violins, where the lead noisemaker looked round for ideas half way through. Emperor's clothes.

I'm hoping so. I would prefer the French band (always have a bit of je ne sais quoi) to the self fellatio one tomorrow. My only other Cave reference was Grinderman in Leeds with a shit 3 piece noise making exercise, involving dissassembling saxophones and banging violins, where the lead noisemaker looked round for ideas half way through. Emperor's clothes.

Isn't there two supports though? Not sure how early we'll get there to be honest - I'll be drinking nearby from fairly early afternoon anyway.

The best support I saw was for Grinderman at The Forum - Seasick Steve and Suicide with a three-way jam between all three acts at the end. Incredible stuff. Seasick Steve is huge now as well! Relatively speaking anyway.

Isn't there two supports though? Not sure how early we'll get there to be honest - I'll be drinking nearby from fairly early afternoon anyway.

The best support I saw was for Grinderman at The Forum - Seasick Steve and Suicide with a three-way jam between all three acts at the end. Incredible stuff. Seasick Steve is huge now as well! Relatively speaking anyway.

Hmmm, I thought it was just 1 support. SF tomorrow and the French band from Sunday.

Seasick Steve eh? He was great last year, told everyone to go see another band instead of wasting ttime waiting to buy his CD after the gig.

Edited by carlosj

There's two supports on Sunday and just the one tomorrow, according to this email:

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Supported by Shilpa Ray, plus Les Colettes where indicated.

OCTOBER 2013

Thu 24

Brighton

Dome

Sold Out

Sat 26

London

Hammersmith Apollo

Sold Out

Sun 27

London

Hammersmith Apollo

Sold Out

(& Les Colettes)

Mon 28

London

Hammersmith Apollo

Sold Out

Wed 30

Manchester

Apollo

Sold Out

Thu 31

Glasgow

Barrowland

Sold Out

How big is the Apollo? Is it small enough to get a decent view from the middle/rear? I'm favouring a 'Yorkshire Buds in London' tour round the city beforehand now instead of getting near the front and enduring the support act.

It's big but the standing area is not huge. I've always found it easy to get near the front by using the up-the-sides technique (matron) for both Nick Cave and Grinderman.

I'm not just saying this to avoid competition for the front!

Thanks. I'll bring my Hattie Jacques shift dress then :-)

'This one is for Matron'

'O Matron O Matron...' :haha:

Shilpa Ray sounds alright to me...http://youtu.be/RIhei42x5k4

Maybe a bit harsh on Shilpa. I've not made time to check her out but I'm coming down from t'Yorkshire tomorrow with not much time beforehand, so I'll take the time to wander about with my nephew and then come by later in the evening to see our Nick.

Why is everyone so happy with the setlist when he's still not doing Babe, I'm On Fire? It's literally just 20 amazingly brilliant songs and a new one that's probably just as good, so why are we getting so excited?

I can't wait for tomorrow. I'll be very disappointed if I don't put faces to posts with Rebecca and Russy, though. Can we all wear red carnations if we're efests?

He played nobody's baby which was stunning along with the rest of the set.

Sound was so much better than festival sets I've been to, more sharp, intense and sharp. Only to be spoiled by w*nkers talking all the way through

Can we all agree to gag anyone talking unnecessarily during his set tomorrow?