Word Association Game

Aphrodite came from the SEA, off Cyprus apparently, in a big shell, so the link can be sea or shell.

Mr G, my memory is fading fast but I'll check out the link ;-)

Edited by carlosj

If it's Canada talk a look at The Last Waltz, one of the greatest concert and music videos of all time, which showcased a lot of Canada's finest including The Band and Joni Mitchell.

So the link word is WALTZ

Is that Waltz thingy part of a Suite. Anyway, mention of Dave Edmunds always makes  me think of this Guitarist, Dave Edwards. Plays in a few different band set ups, think these guys with him here are a bit of a staple tho. Great tight band, good Bass & Drummer men. Saw them accompanied by another guitarist Dennis Stratton who played with Iron Maiden for a bit. Him and Dave are friends and band members since teen age. Remus Down boulevard are their band, well worth catching if you get a chance :)

Edited by whisty

KARELIA

Before Emerson, Lake and Palmer there was The Nice.  This is based on the Karelia Suite by Sibelius. Could be said to be the foundation of Prog Rock.

Edited by grumpyhack

WALK

The only connection is Matt Monro, one of the great under-appreciated voices with phrasing to match Sinatra.  This might even be the same show, or perhaps it was just his brown period.

It was another one of those songs, rather like Roy Orbison's "It's Over" that seemed to co-incide with break ups in my yoof.

Edited by grumpyhack

20 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

WALK

The only connection is Matt Monro, one of the great under-appreciated voices with phrasing to match Sinatra.  This might even be the same show, or perhaps it was just his brown period.

It was another one of those songs, rather like Roy Orbison's "It's Over" that seemed to co-incide with break ups in my yoof.

They knew how to write break up songs back in the day; marvellous :) 

The Mojos were an excellent sixties Liverpool band, who had a hit with Everything's ALRIGHT

It was covered by the Liverpool Five and eventually David Bowie.

I hope everything will be alright for you all this Christmas.

DIRTY

First released in 1966 and the start of Garage.  A big influence on The Ramones and the Sex Pistols.  This is the band twenty years on when they seem to have gained a dancer.

This was the B side