NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

I've just won £500 bet :D buzzing. Decided it's about time I buy one of the next gen consoes still not sure which one to get though..

I'll probably give myself until tomorrow to make up my mind, think I'm leaning towards the Xbone

Edit: Decided to order this one http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-with-kinect-titanfall-and-wolfenstein-occupied-edition-302952?categoryIdentifier=607603&catGroupId= I'd probably buy a Wolfenstein & Watch dogs bundle if there was one..

Edited by Jackmypie

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not bad value, but both games (i imagine) will be download codes - not physical discs, so you will have 40Gb+ downloads each before you can start playing!

Wolfenstein is being very well recieved, titanfall not so much. I played it for about a week, as did my mate, and a lot of people on the eurogamer forums and comments. Its ultimately a rather shallow experience. If you like fps's, battlefield 4 is finally becoming the game it should have been at launch, and looks great on next gen. Battlefield is a pretty tough game to get into for the uninitiated, but is very very rewarding with some commitment.

Everyone I have spoken to about watch_dogs has said the same thing. Its shit.

This is a great review of W_D, very honest, not slamming it but certainly being honest about its shortfalls. And I really like the guy reviewing it, his channel is great.

http://youtu.be/Q-8a5Jo4p5c

One game I can highly recommend is Sniper Elite 3, I've played it every day this week for at least 2+ hours every day, sometimes more. Its very very good.

The autumn is going to be the best time for XBO, the halo collection alone is going to be a highlight for me, and I am really looking forward to battlefield hardline, rainbox six and the division.

Thats not bad value, but both games (i imagine) will be download codes - not physical discs, so you will have 40Gb+ downloads each before you can start playing!

Wolfenstein is being very well recieved, titanfall not so much. I played it for about a week, as did my mate, and a lot of people on the eurogamer forums and comments. Its ultimately a rather shallow experience. If you like fps's, battlefield 4 is finally becoming the game it should have been at launch, and looks great on next gen. Battlefield is a pretty tough game to get into for the uninitiated, but is very very rewarding with some commitment.

This is a great review of W_D, very honest, not slamming it but certainly being honest about its shortfalls. And I really like the guy reviewing it, his channel is great.

One game I can highly recommend is Sniper Elite 3, I've played it every day this week for at least 2+ hours every day, sometimes more. Its very very good.

The autumn is going to be the best time for XBO, the halo collection alone is going to be a highlight for me, and I am really looking forward to battlefield hardline, rainbox six and the division.

I've gone back to Titanfall recently and have been really enjoying it. Yes it's not got the crack cocaine addictivness that COD has but there is much less BS in the game and the most important thing is that people play in the right way. Everyone is moving which makes it fun unlike COD where people just sit in corners using cheap tactics....

The COD community has never been that great it really has hit an all time low..... they are slowly (along with the developers) killing the franchise.

I will be picking up Battlefield 4 in the next couple of weeks so see how that goes.

Edited by the_hedge

Everyone is moving which makes it fun unlike COD where people just sit in corners using cheap tactics....

The COD community has never been that great it really has hit an all time low..... they are slowly (along with the developers) killing the franchise.

I play MW2 pretty much daily and I don't recognise your description of it from this. Corner-campers attract vengeance payback, meaning they get a kill or two before they get killed in return - so no need to worry about their killstreaks because they're not getting any (and if they're managing to openly hold an area they're fighting not camping).

If anything I find most games are the opposite - two teams charging each others to do some face shooting.

I play MW2 pretty much daily and I don't recognise your description of it from this. Corner-campers attract vengeance payback, meaning they get a kill or two before they get killed in return - so no need to worry about their killstreaks because they're not getting any (and if they're managing to openly hold an area they're fighting not camping).

If anything I find most games are the opposite - two teams charging each others to do some face shooting.

Just jump on Ghosts and see if you still hold that opinion. It's full of people moving from camping spot to camping spot with Thermal LMG's. MW2 is good fun but is spoiled by hackers and noob tube/danger close one man army spammers..... this is the thing with all the cods. People find something cheap and spam the game to death with it. That's when your not being done over by the connection.

Yes but you are in the tiny minority, mw2 is famously a hack fest. What was probably the best iteration of the entire franchise is lost due to lack of security patches. Most people play the most recent release of cod, and it has gone seriously downhill. The new one looks fucking awful IMHO. They should go back to basics with 1080p 60 and great map design instead of all of the stupid gadgets and the ridiculous spawn system.

Skill and tactics replaced by pavlovesque rewards for the ADHD generation.

In fact I would go as far as to say- if they did a remastered mw2 with all of the latest graphical updates etc for the new gen, just as an mp game and released it for £35 , it would outsell, and outplay (numbers wise) anything else this year.

Edited by t8yman

I only played the beta of titanfall, but it had a very unreal tournament feel to it to me. BF4 is still my gaming crack that I keep returning to (had a bit of a video card upgrade and it looks even better now) and after my years of fuming at EA/Dice for their failures it has really evolved into a cracking multiplayer game. I play alot of the obliteration mode and haven't had such fun with a multiplayer game in some time.

My latest aquisition, which also ate alot of time, was Grid Autosport, which is a really smooth driving experience that has the decency to include split screen gaming (something that is sadly missing from most pc driving games).

Okay so I've recently got the old Nintendo Wii out and played Mario Galaxy back through. Platforming perfection. It has made me wanna play more Nintendo games, i'll be looking into Galaxy 2 and other greats from that console.

Anyway, it has also got me interested in a 3DS. My only thought is, will Nintendo be replacing it with a new handheld soon? It's been out since 2011.

I want a PS4 first but I would love both handhelds, been after a Vita since it launched. Duno whether to get the Slim, which reportedly has a better battery, or the first Vita which reportedly has a better screen. I have a few games already for Vita through PS plus and decent ones too.

I have the first Vita and the OLED screen is so good, and I've never had an issue with the battery. And I don't own a single physical game for my Vita, all thanks to PS Plus!

Instead of going for a 3DS I got a 2DS, cheaper and brilliant for how much I use it, which is mainly for Zelda. I'd recommend it unless you're desperate for the bigger screen of the XL which is nice but pumps the price right up!

I have the first Vita and the OLED screen is so good, and I've never had an issue with the battery. And I don't own a single physical game for my Vita, all thanks to PS Plus!

Instead of going for a 3DS I got a 2DS, cheaper and brilliant for how much I use it, which is mainly for Zelda. I'd recommend it unless you're desperate for the bigger screen of the XL which is nice but pumps the price right up!

Somebody I know has offered me an OLED Vita, just waiting on price. Had a look at the 2ds but don't certain games really utilise the 3d aspect or is it just a cheap gimmick. I suppose you won't know if you got 2ds.

Dug out my bros old ds lite, my old GBA and GBC. Ds lite has a card with like 100 games on it, loads of Mario games and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I'm really wanting to play the Pokemon games, I only played Yellow and Gold.

The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds was a big advocate of the 3D but I played that to completion with no problem and no need for the 3D. Go into Game and have a bash of one and see what you think :)

I had a go on 3ds a few year ago, thought they were pretty cool. Selling at around £130 so not too bad. But I'm deffo going PS4 then vita and then 3ds.

Playing on my old GBC right now, little bit of Pokemon Blue. Damn the screen is dark, would kill for a brightness option.

Edited by III

Ds lite has a card with like 100 games on it

Playing on my old GBC right now, little bit of Pokemon Blue. Damn the screen is dark, would kill for a brightness option.

I imagine that card will let you fire up a Game Boy emulator that will let you play GBC games on your DS lite. It should look a lot brighter due to the DS's backlight.

This is the one I used to use...

http://lameboy.nutki.com/

Edited by windy_miller

The vita is a great bit of hardware - I've got the OLED one too and the screen is brilliant. It's the first handheld I've never had an issue with sun / light glare while trying to play, cause the screen is just so damn good! The battery is maybe short but still lasts 5 hours, can't say I've ever had it run out on me but does mean you need to remember to charge it whenever possible.

Its games line up is really drying up, I think E3 this year showed that Sony are kinda losing interest in the thing now that the PS4 is set to be such a cash cow for them. I think every Sony developer is working on a Ps4 game now, which doesn't leave a huge amount of resources left for Vita games and it shows with the rest of this years line up being 'headlined' by Minecraft and whatever Sony Japan are making lol. It pretty much seems to get all the indie games that PS3 and PS4 do though, and in reality I'd much rather play them on a handheld then I would Uncharted or Killzone. I'm kinda happy with the Vita just becoming an indie system in all honesty, especially given that they all come free to PS+ in the end lol.

The vita is a great bit of hardware - I've got the OLED one too and the screen is brilliant. It's the first handheld I've never had an issue with sun / light glare while trying to play, cause the screen is just so damn good! The battery is maybe short but still lasts 5 hours, can't say I've ever had it run out on me but does mean you need to remember to charge it whenever possible.

Its games line up is really drying up, I think E3 this year showed that Sony are kinda losing interest in the thing now that the PS4 is set to be such a cash cow for them. I think every Sony developer is working on a Ps4 game now, which doesn't leave a huge amount of resources left for Vita games and it shows with the rest of this years line up being 'headlined' by Minecraft and whatever Sony Japan are making lol. It pretty much seems to get all the indie games that PS3 and PS4 do though, and in reality I'd much rather play them on a handheld then I would Uncharted or Killzone. I'm kinda happy with the Vita just becoming an indie system in all honesty, especially given that they all come free to PS+ in the end lol.

Killzone on the Vita left me a bit flat, however the indie game line up on it is incredible.

Not watched the video as I'm at work...but I'll defend Watch Dogs from being shit, I find it really really enjoyabled. The storyline is okish, but the car chasing missions are hell alot of fun with control of road spikes, traffic lights etc. Still find it awesome, after speeding up to get through one, hitting X and watching as a police car gets either smashed into from oncoming traffic or turned up side from road blocks :D

Also I am normally a gamer who prefers to go in all guns blazing...but Watch Dogs has actually got me really enjoying the stealth aspects.

Finally completed the first Act at the weekend and while its not compelled me to play through it all as quick as possible I've enjoyed it when I have played it.

Edited by LondonTom

Have you played Dishonoured, or even Saboteur?

People from GTA backgrounds have given Watch Dogs a kind of "fair 7/10" type review, but people who have played those two seem to find it terribad.

My mate hyped up Dishonored to me and I found it a little disappointed. It was okay but not brilliant as he made it sound. I come from the MGS/Splinter Cell/Hitman school of stealth though.

Never got into MGS, but SC old school and the first Hitmans are classics I played to the finish.

Speaking of Hitman, their makers IO really need to get a Freedom Fighters sequel underway.

I love MGS, favourite game series ever. I've spent hours reading about all the games and I'm still a little confused about how 4 ended.