Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

As Camp Bestival is on during the same weekend, there are a few duplication over both sites (eg Dodgy, Little Roy, Sroobious Pip, Spector, Vintage Trouble).

Is there anyone on the Camp Bestival lineup (excluding their headliners who are too big to add to the KC bill) that would be a good addition to the KC lineup?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Camp Bestival is on during the same weekend, there are a few duplication over both sites (eg Dodgy, Little Roy, Sroobious Pip, Spector, Vintage Trouble).

Is there anyone on the Camp Bestival lineup (excluding their headliners who are too big to add to the KC bill) that would be a good addition to the KC lineup?

Alpines have been added to the lineup, gonna assume they'll be playing the calling out stage.

One thing that's annoying me at the mo is the number of people on the fb page complaining about having to park in a car park in emperors fields. If a short walk from the car in the rain carrying a few things is really that much hassle, why bother going to the festival at all?

Alpines have been added to the lineup, gonna assume they'll be playing the calling out stage.

One thing that's annoying me at the mo is the number of people on the fb page complaining about having to park in a car park in emperors fields. If a short walk from the car in the rain carrying a few things is really that much hassle, why bother going to the festival at all?

Edited by Flaminglippy

Some people just like moaning I guess...can totally understand it if you have a disability but if not a 10 minute walk isn't unreasonable.

Just read the post you're on about..'if I have to walk more than 25 steps I'll sell my tickets'...no great loss I'm guessing...

A bit off topic any one been to t in the park?

Seriously considering getting Saturday tickets to get another roses fix.

And if I was to sell ponchos , light up noveltys and poppers in the car park at KC do you think I'd get much trade?

Edited by lakeland5

Poppers on sale in the UK these days are rubbish. They banned whatever the old stuff was and they sell another liquid now. I used to know the proper names for the different formulas, can't remember what it is now.... You've to import them if you want proper poppers haha! Just really, don't bother, they're crap!

I'm in two minds about the Emperors Field moaning - an adjacent field sounds good enough to me, but (I might have got this wrong) if someone paid a tenner extra for the Emperors field last year and were camped next to their car, then they saw Emperors field tix on sale again, but for £25, bought them and then found out they'd have a walk... then I can see why they'd have a gripe.

For me being adjacent sounds good enough, but I get their point.

Any Emperors Field veterans reckon we'll get away with putting a gazebo up in there? We've had all sorts of gazebo problems in the past, corners always snapping once even the slightest breeze gets up. We've bought a different sort this year though an Ozark trail job, £25 from Asda, doesn't go up the same, more like tent poles, so am hoping it'll last the weekend, just not sure if it's worth taking it. Always better to have a gazebo, it's bound to rain :-)

A bit off topic any one been to t in the park?

Seriously considering getting Saturday tickets to get another roses fix.

And if I was to sell ponchos , light up noveltys and poppers in the car park at KC do you think I'd get much trade?

Yep that's the one. If you're fit and healthy there shouldn't be any complaints. I was so surprised how quick it was to get to the campsite at Kendal, the place is tiny in comparison to the big festivals so the short walk is a luxury in itself

Edited by Flaminglippy

I'm in two minds about the Emperors Field moaning - an adjacent field sounds good enough to me, but (I might have got this wrong) if someone paid a tenner extra for the Emperors field last year and were camped next to their car, then they saw Emperors field tix on sale again, but for £25, bought them and then found out they'd have a walk... then I can see why they'd have a gripe.

For me being adjacent sounds good enough, but I get their point.

Provided I'm not walking miles I dont mind.....it was ideal last year parking next to the tent, however there were quite a few planks who parked/camped in the 'fire lanes' (the stewards just watched them do it though!!).

Have we actually seen it anywhere that you can't park next to your tent? I've seen it said that parking is available adjacent to the Emperors Field but can honestly say that I've never seen it said that we can't park next to our tents (unless I've missed it).

what's the fancy dress theme? clearly missing something here! haha

just found out i'm working on the bar at KC this year. looks like a good festival, hope i get enough time off to enjoy it!

what's the deal with the weather? i hear it always rains in the lake district...