Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Bestival 2012

Bestival tickets 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
485 replies to this topic

#1 5co77ie

5co77ie

eFestivals' editor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,188 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

Bestival 2012 early bird tickets go on sale at 9am this Friday

http://www.efestival...1/110922b.shtml

#2 loosechange

loosechange

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

Sorted. :beach:

#3 Johnthebar

Johnthebar

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

We had about 15 peeps in our camp this year and 9 are already sorted to come back next year :D

2011 was my first Bestival and it was ace, I don't mind so much that there is no Glasto in 2012 now.

#4 rexclark

rexclark

Sean, The Weird, Orpahaned, Ice Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,127 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

I shall be going for the first time next year!

#5 Dave The Hedgehog

Dave The Hedgehog

Honda driving pessimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

I'll be getting my tickets in the new year -- can't afford it at the minute. Will be slightly more expensive but other commitments need to be made before Bestival... :heat:

Nice to see you again Rex. Bestival 2011 was amazing; you'll enjoy it.

EDIT: Fuck you Bestival for making me just buy a ticket.

Edited by Dave The Hedgehog, 24 September 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#6 theampersanddevil

theampersanddevil

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:37 PM

I'm going as well. :D

#7 BlackHole2006

BlackHole2006

You've come a long way, baby.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

Hopefully I'll manage to convince some more people to go next year, already convinced 3 people to go and 1 person is thinking about it. It was amazing this year there is no doubt about it, apart from losing my wallet I had an incredible time. The only bad thing is their booze policy, no booze in the arena and you have to pay 4 quid for a Gaymers Pear, £4.50 for a vodka redbull and it's £4.70 if you want a Jagerbomb.

#8 Dave The Hedgehog

Dave The Hedgehog

Honda driving pessimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

The only bad thing is their booze policy, no booze in the arena and you have to pay 4 quid for a Gaymers Pear, £4.50 for a vodka redbull and it's £4.70 if you want a Jagerbomb.

I bought a few drinks in the arena but I gave up by about Saturday and then smuggled it in after that (and suffered because of it). Didn't get checked once - just flashed the wristband and that was enough to get through. The security was relaxed beyond belief although I fear the openness on the official forum of people echoing the same comments will make the organisers pipe down on it next year.

Jack Daniels and Pepsi for either £4.30 or £4.70 I think it was. Not paying that for a single; double was £7.60 I think. That said, its like a cinema - they make peanuts from the tickets so go to great lengths to ensure to fork out for the popcorn. Bestival makes a shitload from the sale of alcohol; programmes (8 quid) too but what you got for that money was great considering somewhere like Leeds or V it's... what, £7 or £8 for a few cards on a strap? Ultimately it's worth it if you want Bestival's in the future to be anything like it was this year.

Edited by Dave The Hedgehog, 24 September 2011 - 04:17 PM.

#9 Kowalski

Kowalski

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

Ticket bought.

#10 rexclark

rexclark

Sean, The Weird, Orpahaned, Ice Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,127 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

I'll be getting my tickets in the new year -- can't afford it at the minute. Will be slightly more expensive but other commitments need to be made before Bestival... :heat:

Nice to see you again Rex. Bestival 2011 was amazing; you'll enjoy it.

EDIT: Fuck you Bestival for making me just buy a ticket.

I've heard nothing but good things about Bestival. I'll be 30 this year so I feel like a change next year, cannot wait!

I'm going as well. :D

Ticket bought.

Excellent news lads, I look forward to sharing a few beers/ciders with you!

#11 Dave The Hedgehog

Dave The Hedgehog

Honda driving pessimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:43 AM

I've heard nothing but good things about Bestival. I'll be 30 this year so I feel like a change next year, cannot wait!

There are a few little criticisms I think most people have - it's not the perfect festival - but most of them can be easily dealt with and changed and in reality they aren't really criticisms at all. Layout of festival 'might' be a little better but that's up to the organisers to decide - couldn't fault the campsites though; especially the quiet one, and the quiet camp's security. The people there were all pretty much fantastic with the odd 3 or 4 sods banging about making a misery for everybody else - theft apparently was a real problem this year - and obviously there's been a few cases of sexual harrassment but apart from that we didn't have a problem with anybody. Obviously people were drinking or on drugs but if they were, they weren't causing problems for us and that's fine by me. Very middle class festival though; lots of posh people - but again, they didn't cause a problem for us so I have no problems with them.

There was a vibe about the place where you could feel comfortable having random encounters and not fear them being abusive - it's a very peaceful and considerate vibe from what I saw for the most part. People go there to show love; not fight. Food and drink facilities were great. Toilets were great. Sound quality on the stages was excellent. Variety and diversity of ages of people, music, arts, or culture was amazing to see. Costumes were fantastic and it's great to see that many people make an effort. It was just a brilliant festival.

Other factors (like the weather this year and the geography of the land) can't be changed so I don't think anybody can criticise the festival for that but the amount of walking you can do at this place is astonishing.

#12 BlackHole2006

BlackHole2006

You've come a long way, baby.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

Other factors (like the weather this year and the geography of the land) can't be changed so I don't think anybody can criticise the festival for that but the amount of walking you can do at this place is astonishing.

Saying that though, the Main Stages are not so far away from each other and it is very easy to get from The Main Stage to The Big Top in time to see a band but if you go further afield from the main stages then there is still plenty of things to see and do and bands usually play until the early hours, for example I saw Metronomy play Psycadellic Worm at like, 2:15 in the morning and they were great!

#13 Dave The Hedgehog

Dave The Hedgehog

Honda driving pessimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Saying that though, the Main Stages are not so far away from each other and it is very easy to get from The Main Stage to The Big Top in time to see a band but if you go further afield from the main stages then there is still plenty of things to see and do and bands usually play until the early hours, for example I saw Metronomy play Psycadellic Worm at like, 2:15 in the morning and they were great!

Bit of sound bleed from the main stage to Big Top (especially with Mogwai) but I agree when you say they're in close proximity to each other. Bollywood field was brilliant although maybe a little packed. I'm thinking more along the lines of things like the location of the Psychedelic Worm. I think that could be moved closer to the arena and be put where the bar was in Grassy Hill or switched with the Comedy/Cabaret tent. It might be a good idea to get rid of the Sky 3D viewing tent as well so more can be put into the Magic Meadow.

Anyway, whatever. Had some great times in the Psychedelic Worm tent - gutted I missed Health but that was my own fault for being so fucked up on Sunday. Music in there was right up my street on that day too - some great bands in there on the whole.

#14 dan8k

dan8k

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

Anyone know what kind of price the ferry from portsmouth is at the time of the festival? Cheers

#15 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,503 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

Hoefully will be another one going to this, got get some people together but its one to aim for :)

#16 When Jokers Attack

When Jokers Attack

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

Got a ticket for this! Never been before

#17 Homer

Homer

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

On the booze front I didn't buy a single drink all weekend, took all my own in (and that's bee the case all three times I've gone). A 'Ticket to Ryde' from Portsmouth costs £20 return (that's the hover thing that takes 10 mins).

#18 Johnthebar

Johnthebar

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

The only bad thing is their booze policy, no booze in the arena and you have to pay 4 quid for a Gaymers Pear, £4.50 for a vodka redbull and it's £4.70 if you want a Jagerbomb.

Just take your own. I only bought one round all weekend, I stashed my booze in my bag and never got checked once on the way in.

#19 Johnthebar

Johnthebar

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

The ferry was a killer cost though this year. Taking 2 cars over with 6 people cost us £250. I'm booking the ferries on payday this friday so hopefully we won't get stung so much next time

#20 Johnthebar

Johnthebar

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

Bit of sound bleed from the main stage to Big Top (especially with Mogwai) but I agree when you say they're in close proximity to each other.

The only time this bothered me was for James Blake. It was a bit annoying to have the quiet bits of his set interrupted by the Maccabees