Glasto Etiquitte

Guest loverlea

I am a woman and therefore peeing in hedges is not an option. This is partly why I am asking I know theres a 100 odd thousand there and all strangers but I dont want to annoy people. Did you at least tut at this man that was really rude.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, not if you haven't been before. If it's not a pisstake, thank god some people are considerate enough to realise if they're new they're going somewhere with a different ambience...

A few I'd say are important:

1 - It's busy, just chill a bit, you'll get there eventually. If you're really bothered, set off with loads of time to spare.

2 - If someone who is a bit rough from being hammered sits next to you, just go with it. Just because they're hammered at 3pm doesn't mean they don't have all they need in life or that they need to find something to make them happy. This comes from personal experience of hearing someone talking down to my OH a couple of years ago. People can be happy and just overdo it! Sarcasm is fine, just watch the boundaries, some people need cutting a little slack.

3 - Try to forgive the stumblers, bumpers, pint spillers etc. You can tell the dicks by sight. The genuine bumpers would be gutted if they knew you'd just walked back from a 25 minute queue and they'd knocked a drink over.

4 - People will dance like a total goon to certain stuff. Easy to deal with as you can move away when outside. When in the tents, just deal with it. You might not like someone that much, but not everyone wants to be at the front. Especially important in the tents where space is at a premium.

5 - Wherever you camp is your home. As in real life you need to deal with your neighbours in a way that either means you're now friends or you can tolerate each other. You don't have to have them round for cocktails but it's nice if they'll show an interest if you're being burgled.

Sorry quite specific ones! Most of it is common sense, which, I think, is pretty much the norm at Glasto.

It helps enormously to have a torch on you when going away from your tent for the evening. This means that on your return you can use it to see peoples tent guy lines. This will help you avoid ripping them out of the ground by walking through them, getting verbal from people within their tents, falling over etc.

Just go with the flow, you sound considerate and nice so you'll be just fine.

Please resist the urge to sit on some guys shoulders whilst near the front as it's very annoying if you happen to be stood behind. Especially when you get covered in mud off the girls wellies. i think that's just my personal pet hate though. :rolleyes:

Some really great posts here.

Just to add:

There will be times when you will find yourself in a really big crowd trying to get somewhere. Especially after a band at the Pyramid stage, trying to head towards the Other stage, and on the Railway Line / Late Night Areas. Please, please don't push. The people in front of you want to go to the same place just as much as you do. Just go with the flow and be patient; you won't get there any faster, and if everyone were to start pushing, you could end up with quite a dangerous situation.

If you are finding the crowd scary and find yourself panicking a little, try to get to the side of the crowd, there's usually alwys a spot where you can edge to the side, take a time out, and wait for everyone to pass.

Some really great posts here.

Just to add:

There will be times when you will find yourself in a really big crowd trying to get somewhere. Especially after a band at the Pyramid stage, trying to head towards the Other stage, and on the Railway Line / Late Night Areas. Please, please don't push. The people in front of you want to go to the same place just as much as you do. Just go with the flow and be patient; you won't get there any faster, and if everyone were to start pushing, you could end up with quite a dangerous situation.

If you are finding the crowd scary and find yourself panicking a little, try to get to the side of the crowd, there's usually alwys a spot where you can edge to the side, take a time out, and wait for everyone to pass.

Thanks LeedsPete, I should maybe watch my tongue my sarcasm can be quite bad. Good advice tho and I am sure I will do my own bit of bumping, the thought of the crowds scares me a little bit as not being something this big before. I am going to definately keep your advice in mind

They've got barriers to enforce queues at Reading Festival bars now and seem to be working ok. No more space than most Glastonbury bars. But more people trying to use less bars at Reading.

Please resist the urge to sit on some guys shoulders whilst near the front as it's very annoying if you happen to be stood behind. Especially when you get covered in mud off the girls wellies. i think that's just my personal pet hate though. :rolleyes:

If someone shouts bollox near you, you must shout bollox yourself.

Re big crowds, there will be times when you get stuck in a crowd that seems to be going nowhere. Just stay calm, talk to the people around you, sing a song and you'll get where you're going. B)