Frequently Asked Questions

Guest mrtourette

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you add "if a leak of a supposed magazine shot happens two weeks before the line-up is revealed, it's highly likely to be fake, especially if it has sellotape all over it"?

There's no "highly likely" - it *IS* fake.

The only real 'leaked' posters I've seen in 12 years of doing efests have appeared the day before. One was a poster put up in error in a London tube station a little early, and last year's which came from someone at the press where nme is printed.

Anything sooner than 1 day before can safely be assumed as a fake.

And cos the fakers will now read this, expect a gash of them one day before this year - and ignore them all. You'll be on hugely safer ground than believing any one of them.

What are the main differences between Reading & Leeds in terms of atmosphere, trouble (is reading that bad?) whats on when the bands stop?

If i go it will probably be to Leeds (even tho i'm A LOT closer to Reading, as I have heard rumours about the trouble at reading)

Apologies if this has been asked before. i'm sure it has

What are the main differences between Reading & Leeds in terms of atmosphere, trouble (is reading that bad?) whats on when the bands stop?

If i go it will probably be to Leeds (even tho i'm A LOT closer to Reading, as I have heard rumours about the trouble at reading)

Apologies if this has been asked before. i'm sure it has

Here are the last two threads about it:

/topic/167448-reading-or-leeds/">http://www.efestival...ading-or-leeds/

/topic/161817-reading-or-leeds/">http://www.efestival...ading-or-leeds/

The main difference is that Reading is in a town and so has limited entertainment after the music but access to amenties while Leeds is out in the open so has a lot more to do after hours but no access to shops/pubs during the day.

The trouble has got a lot better in the alst couple of years, there are restrictions on Sunday night fires at Reading that seems to have done the trick.