"restrictions on mass gatherings"

Guest Mr Ploppy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with what you are saying and i do think we are in a better position to deal with it if if did have an outbreak over here, and i think alot of this is the media blowing it out of proportion, for example there was an article on the bbc website that says that over 150 have died in mexico becuase of it, when it was actualy 20 people have died from it and been confirmed, the other deaths are only suspected to be caused by swine flu, so they arnt certain, but 150 deaths is far more shocking than 20 deaths, so i believe that may be blowing out of proportion a little, and yeh you are correct to an extent about the limitations to travel, they are currently advising against "all but essential" travel to those places.... lets just hope this whole thing blows over eh

I have a friend in Mexico at the minute and he seems more calm than most people I know that are here. But if he brings it back with him, I will hold him personally responsible if Glastonbury is canceled.

News on XFM just mentioned glasto and possibility of cancellation. Apparently they said they had spoke to the press office this morning and said that there were no plans to cancel at this time ....and they are keeping an eye on the situation!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPSSSSS

I'm now panicking about glasto about being cancelled! I certainly hope not! Just sterilise everyone on the way in :unsure:

News on XFM just mentioned glasto and possibility of cancellation. Apparently they said they had spoke to the press office this morning and said that there were no plans to cancel at this time ....and they are keeping an eye on the situation!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPSSSSS

I'm now panicking about glasto about being cancelled! I certainly hope not! Just sterilise everyone on the way in :)

People love a good 'everyone is going to die' story. Just look at the track record of the media, none of us have been killed by any of the other things they've been banging on about in past years. I will literally eat my Hunter wellies (mud included) if Glastonbury does get cancelled because of this. I mean if they're going to cancel that they might as well put us all under house arrest. I imagine travelling on the hot, crowded and contained tube is far more conducive to catching something than standing in an open air space?

I think everyone has a responsibility and the following items should be added to the banned list for the festival:-

Any glass items

Generators

Glass items and generators from mexico

Pigs

Unwell mexican people

Pigs from mexico

Paninni football stickers of the mexican football team

The Script

I think everyone has a responsibility and the following items should be added to the banned list for the festival:-

Any glass items

Generators

Glass items and generators from mexico

Pigs

Unwell mexican people

Pigs from mexico

Paninni football stickers of the mexican football team

The Script