Bruce Springsteen

The Nal

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, tonyblair said:

one of the best shows of my life!... not just the set list, the whole event was amazing. Beautiful warm evening, no sound limit, the sound quality was breathtaking, NOT a stadium, so there was no echo, no curfew. Even when the show was over, you could hang around and have a beer. Made me very envious of the more mediterranean relaxed take on life in general!

Very cynical Tone. We have it good this neck of the woods. Nothing like being barked instructions on how to leave via the blue gate very loudly over a poor quality stadium PA as the blazing white floodlights show up the bottles of piss and crisps packets while you get verbally abused by a soccer security guard before walking 45 minutes to find a taxi in the rain.

Edited by The Nal

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Are even the most diehard of Bossites not sick of the sight of him by now? Seems every time I turn around either him or Beyonce is playing somewhere nearby!

Not "sick" but a little Bruced out yeah. Was hoping we'd get a solo album and tour this year. The River is far from my fave album of his, 6th favourite I think, but I'll go to one show.

If Bruce came out in the press and said "theres this kid that posts on eFestivals, good kid, nice guy. He's gonna be selecting my sets from now on. Chosing my clothes and deciding if/when my band gets to go on tour and whether my wife gets to sing or not. 'snames The Nal. This is for him." and then started to play ace new record solo acoustic to an 250 seat venue with free booze you'd still complain.

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

If Bruce came out in the press and said "theres this kid that posts on eFestivals, good kid, nice guy. He's gonna be selecting my sets from now on. Chosing my clothes and deciding if/when my band gets to go on tour and whether my wife gets to sing or not. 'snames The Nal. This is for him." and then started to play ace new record solo acoustic to an 250 seat venue with free booze you'd still complain.

What sort of free booze?

It's a slim possibility, but anyone here been to a gig at the Ricoh in Cov before? Might have a cheeky ask in the Glastonbury sub-forum if not. 

Very tempted to go there ahead of Wembley. Slightly smaller venue for the River and something different, did Wembley in 2013. But obviously if the sound is shite (it's not great at Wembley..) then I'll steer clear!

41 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

It's a slim possibility, but anyone here been to a gig at the Ricoh in Cov before? Might have a cheeky ask in the Glastonbury sub-forum if not. 

Very tempted to go there ahead of Wembley. Slightly smaller venue for the River and something different, did Wembley in 2013. But obviously if the sound is shite (it's not great at Wembley..) then I'll steer clear!

I had heard that.for a.stadium the Ricoh has better acoustics than.most

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

You'd think the queue for the Costa del Covv would be easier than Wemberley.

Tis true, but less tickets. I suppose the standing space is the same, and that's all I'm after.

I think there's a Live Nation pre-sale too, not that I think getting tickets will be hugely problematic given prices + the fact its the River being toured. Why couldn't this be done in arenas? I can just imagine it getting lost at somewhere like Wembley.

9 hours ago, GlastoSimon said:

Tis true, but less tickets. I suppose the standing space is the same, and that's all I'm after.

I think there's a Live Nation pre-sale too, not that I think getting tickets will be hugely problematic given prices + the fact its the River being toured. Why couldn't this be done in arenas? I can just imagine it getting lost at somewhere like Wembley.

Most of the gigs are selling out in record time. Regardless of the price and the fact its his 6th best album (IMO) and the fact that I could tell you now what 95% of the setlist for Wembley is going to be. 

Still a Bruce gig. But yeah the worry is it getting lost in bigger venues. I wonder how many people know hes playing the entire album? And how many know its a double album?

Edited by The Nal

42 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Most of the gigs are selling out in record time. Regardless of the price and the fact its his 6th best album (IMO) and the fact that I could tell you now what 95% of the setlist for Wembley is going to be. 

Still a Bruce gig. But yeah the worry is it getting lost in bigger venues. I wonder how many people know hes playing the entire album? And how many know its a double album?

That's possibly the biggest thing, its half the set. There's certainly songs I'd like to see which wouldn't be played if it was 'a selection from The River', but there are certainly songs I could give or take too.

Fecking hell, so I was pretty much set on the Ricoh. Thought I'd have a look at the ticket prices. £75 + fees!!! (Which for stadium gigs is an extra tenner so £85). I'm sure that's a spike from last time?

Not sure I can afford that :lol: 

You lot were on about the next album being a solo one, is that going to happen? Could definitely be better venues and less greatest hits for around the same price if that were to happen soon.

24 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

Fecking hell, so I was pretty much set on the Ricoh. Thought I'd have a look at the ticket prices. £75 + fees!!! (Which for stadium gigs is an extra tenner so £85). I'm sure that's a spike from last time?

You lot were on about the next album being a solo one, is that going to happen? Could definitely be better venues and less greatest hits for around the same price if that were to happen soon.

Yeah its defo happening. Not sure when but the info came from that man himself. Really looking forward to it.

Wembley is £93.95 + fees for a standing ticket by the way so count yourself lucky.

27 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

Yepp, it cost me £71 for Standing at Leeds arena in 2014, so it's going to hike by £13 in less than 2 years. Shocking.

Thank the lord you aren't going to Wembley, as it's £96 for standing there.

I also think The River in full, to full stadiums is WAYYYY too much to ask of the crowd. In an arena, which is a lot more likely to just have 'hardcore' fans in, i still think it'd be a massive struggle, it starts of magnificently, but I reckon he'll easily lose the crowd at most UK shows by the end of the river stuff/ I love the start of The River, but it wears thin. 

Wish he was doing BITUSA and BTR in full :lol: I think that'd go down better. 

Cheers gents, £96 is bloody outrageous. Have to check the tickets from 2013, I'm certain it was nowhere near that for the Wembley gig.

He was doing full albums in 2013, we got Darkness if I recall. The two albums Bobs mentions were also doing the rounds at other gigs. Along with sign requests at the start, there were about 3 'hits' in the first 25 songs at Wembley :lol: and he did lose the crowd a bit. Will be the same this year you'd imagine.

Must be hard for him to play accessible sets whilst not playing the same shit every tour. Think I might wait and hope a solo tour comes around soon, as I can justify the price a bit more. Within the next 2 years would be lovely.

44 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

Cheers gents, £96 is bloody outrageous. Have to check the tickets from 2013, I'm certain it was nowhere near that for the Wembley gig.

He was doing full albums in 2013, we got Darkness if I recall. 

He played BTR x 6, BITUSA x 6 and Darkness x 3 on the tour. Mainly towards the end. The shows where he didn't do a full album were considered much better. And were from the shows I saw. Although I did see him do Darkness which was nice! Was expecting one of the other two. 

Full albums shows are fairly pants basically. 

Also I don't think we'll have to wait 2 years for the solo album. Wouldn't be surprised if its out before Christmas. Assuming he doesn't extend The River Heritage tour. 

Edited by The Nal

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

He played BTR x 6, BITUSA x 6 and Darkness x 3 on the tour. Mainly towards the end. The shows where he didn't do a full album were considered much better. And were from the shows I saw. Although I did see him do Darkness which was nice! Was expecting one of the other two. 

Full albums shows are fairly pants basically. 

Also I don't think we'll have to wait 2 years for the solo album. Wouldn't be surprised if its out before Christmas. Assuming he doesn't extend The River Heritage tour. 

I'd say its going to be enjoyable, but as someone who loves Springsteen live because of its wide variation show-to-show, having 21 songs already pre-determined (thats before BTR, The Rising, Shout (which i think is a huge waste), and the other typicals), it leaves like 4-6 songs left, which for me takes a way a bit of the magic. It'll still be awesome, but no where near as good as him just playing a mixed batch.