Bruce Springsteen

The Nal

Been reading around the Internet and it seems like a European leg isn't guaranteed and maybe not even likely.

Apparently his daughter is likely to qualify for the US Olympic Team, so I'd imagine that between the games themselves and the qualification / preparation process, that probably rules out a large portion of the summer or at the very least makes it hard to plan anything far enough in advance.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, tonyblair said:

not particularly fond of Roulette either. It's ok... sounds like an out-take. oh.....:D

haha yep. The Bruce nerds are gone a bit....erm..... nerdy. w*nking off over outtakes. And I think Bruce may be biting. 

"IS THERE ANYONE ALIVE OUT THERE?!!....

....so this is a song that didn't make the album, 35 years ago. And I didn't even bother putting it out on Tracks or any official release until now. I totally forgot about it to be honest until Jon Landau told me thought it was half decent after a bottle of gin. I'm playing it instead of Incident on 57th Street which I won't be playing at all on this tour....

..... AH ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR..."

10 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

So his next album will be a solo album and The River tour is the album in full.

With outtakes. Meh. Full album shows, no thanks. Even the guys interviewing him sounded bored.

Solo album though. New material! Yes please! ASAP.

Edited by The Nal

28 minutes ago, tonyblair said:

I wouldn't mind the whole album, as long as it's without the outtakes. It'd only be half a show, wouldn't it?

Album is 1 hour 25. Throw in a few outtakes and you're looking at 1 hr 45. Not a fan ofd the full album thing at all. Although I did enjoy Darkness on the Edge of Town when I saw it. Just that one time. A lot of people on the last tour got BTR 5-6 times.

Better get down to the credit union for this one though!

All I can think of is the pricing is a deliberate attempt to stop the same people going to so many shows and try freshen up the crowd a bit.

Bruce%20Springsteen%20Seating%20Chart.jp

Edited by The Nal

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Album is 1 hour 25. Throw in a few outtakes and you're looking at 1 hr 45. Not a fan ofd the full album thing at all. Although I did enjoy Darkness on the Edge of Town when I saw it. Just that one time. A lot of people on the last tour got BTR 5-6 times.

Better get down to the credit union for this one though!

All I can think of is the pricing is a deliberate attempt to stop the same people going to so many shows and try freshen up the crowd a bit.

But inadvertently he's priced out the crowd who can afford one show, and instead has encouraged the people who can afford 5/6 shows at a time anyway! :lol: 

On 12/12/2015 at 0:22 PM, Wooderson said:

I'd chose an ESB tour over a solo show all day long. Infinitely more fun. Hearing Bruce trot out another batch of "Reno"-esque ditties? Nah. 

Besides last time he toured with the ESB we got solo pre-shows at the start of most gigs. Best of both.

He needs some new material. End of the last tour was stale. Also who wouldn't want to see a setlist like this solo?! 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tonyblair said:

there's a free download of the Chicago River show available due to him having to cancel the New York show because of the snow...

here.... 

thank you snow!

Some great stuff on there. Independence Day, Stolen Car, Wreck on the Highway, Human Touch.

And some not so great stuff. Take it Easy sounds like a street busker whos just learned the song. Shout is the worst thing hes ever done. And as bad a closer as you'll get from any "big" act. Just fucking shit. Baffling why he keeps playing it. Its cringing. And a few of the others - Rosie, Rising etc - are played too slow.

Sad to say but I'm thoroughly unexcited about the prospect of him coming to Europe on this tour. I don't like full album shows anyway and not all that keen on heritage tours by Bruce. I may check out 1 show. I'm not even 100% if he'll do "The River" here. 

Edited by The Nal

True but Shout really is as bad as its gets. Not only the song choice but also they ways its played. I'd take Outlaw Pete and Working on a Dream in a row before Shout.

But yeah, Point Blank should've been included above in songs that sound great from Chicago.

Edited by The Nal

8 minutes ago, tonyblair said:

he's coming...! :)

rumoured shows so far:

May 14: Rome
May 19: Lisbon (CONFIRMED)
May 26: Manchester
May 28: Glasgow
June 1: Dublin
June 12 - Landgraaf (Holland)
June 23&24 - Barcelona
June 26 - Madrid
July 3 - Werchter (Belgium)
July 16 - Copenhagen
Paris - July 13
Copenhagen - July 16
Helsinki - July 18
Gothenburg - July 21 & 22

Hopefully that Rome date comes to pass. Circus Maximus on a Saturday night!

Make a weekend out of it. Haven't been to Rome for over 10 years.

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, tonyblair said:

yea.... slightly disappointed that Rome is now in July. Makes it logistically a bit more difficult. 

Probably still going though.... need to decide what we're doing for  summer...!

Id love to go but the tickets and flights are pricey for one weekend. It'll be 1.5k ish between myself and the missus to go see him.

Tour looks well played and all but I'm looking forward to the Mark Lanegan gig I just got tickets for more.