Any runners here?

TheGayTent

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well played Phil. Will it be your first? Putting me to shame now that London marathon isn't for me.

Aye. I did a half marathon 28 years ago when I used to do a lot of running and play a lot of sport. I was looking for a new challenge for when my daughter went off to university, but as there isn't a lot of opportunities to find that challenge with a new job just now, decided on a different approach. Crackin the 3 Peaks a couple of weeks ago has given me a real confidence boost because the last one was a real mind over matter affair. And the cycling has helped me shift a load of weight so the running is easier than when I tried at the beginning of the year. Run Edin with me and Campbell?

Weekend after will be fine!

I have got through the ballot for London, but am deferring to 2012. Severe injury has left me not running for nearly a year now, and it will give me just that little longer to prepare!....HELP!!! :P

Can you defer your place so it's guaranteed for 2012? Handy if so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have been avoiding this thread as my knee is still bad and it makes me too jealous to read all of your adventures!

However, now I am making a reappearance and unfortunately I am on the scrounge...

For part of my course at university i have to do some writing for a purpose and have decided to draw on my marathon running experience and redesign CLIC Sargents (the charity I run for) marathon pack which they send out to new runners.

As with all university research things it is survery time!! So I was wondering if any of you guys would mind popping along to my site and completing my survey on what you would like to see in a charity running guide?

It should take about 3 minutes tops.

Link ---- Sams charity running guide survey

Thanks alot in advance folks, please feel free to feed back on here too.

Sam

TSU try Shakespeare marathon, at least I think thats is, The same day as London

I am going against medical advice, and starting to run again! When I come home from my holiday. I have another spinal appointment next month, and have entered a 2 mile run in December. Having not run for a year, and this time last year being unable to walk 10 meters, this 2 mile is a HUGE step for me. I WILL run London, even though I am deferring to 2012.

So, roll on 2 weeks time, and I become my own coach again.

Watch this space, if the spinal guys say I am going to do myself more damage again, then I may have to think about it. But that's my plan anyway.

TSU try Shakespeare marathon, at least I think thats is, The same day as London

Thanks Fairy - it's actually 8th May, which I think would be pushing things family-wise given my attendance at the Bearded Theory marathon the following weekend. :P

You're sounding very upbeat with your running plan. Hope it works out for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So who is doing what this year then?

I started my training for my second marathon (Edinburgh again) last night. 18 weeks to go! Just hope it not in the high 20s on race day again this year. Going to fit in the Inverness Half in March and a couple of 10Ks before the marathon.

So who is doing what this year then?

I started my training for my second marathon (Edinburgh again) last night. 18 weeks to go! Just hope it not in the high 20s on race day again this year. Going to fit in the Inverness Half in March and a couple of 10Ks before the marathon.

I am still sulking that I didn't get a spot in London!

Wanted to do Edinburgh until I realised that it clashed with the last day of the Premier League.

Considering Belfast, Rotterdam, or Paris now. Though more likely I'll do one of the smaller autumnal marathons - getting a bit late to sort hotels and the like for the late spring/early summer ones.

• 1 month later...

So...

Has this thread died because everyone is too busy out running to make any posts?

Or are you all like me and been lazy since Christmas?! Went out for my first run in 4 (yes four) months on Tuesday night...legs still ache...

To motivate myself i'm in the process of organising a trip to Amsterdam to do the Amsterdam Marathon in October...should be fun!

What's everyone else doing?