End of the road festival 2008

Guest zahidf

So, to summarise, by my reckoning at least one or more of the following is yet to be announced:

okkervil river , devotchka , gary louris

Ben Folds , Bonnie Prince Billy , The Fiery Furnaces

Tindersticks

Band of Horses , Sufjan Stevens , Bill Callahan , My Morning Jacket

Broken Social Scene , Tuung , The Earlies , Espers

The Blue Nile , Guillemots

Band of Horses , The Decemberists , Herman Dune

Sparklehorse , Sons and daughters , Hush the many

Simon Breed , Loney Dear , Flaming Lips , CYHSY , I'm from Barcelona , the BobbyMcGees , David Thomas Broughton , Wave Pictures

Yes??

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any idea when the next announcement might be made?

possibly slightly un-EOTR but I'd love to see a Brett Anderson acoustic set...noticed he's playing a couple of festivals in eastern europe over the summer.

Blonde Redhead in the big top late on saturday night would be lovely too.

you know i can't remember how we even got on to this watery theme.......talk about side tracked. Well, what did you expect from someone who once did a 6 hour dj set of just songs to do with animals.....or by bands with animals in the title.

In other news...

The unsigned/diy applications are taking shape and Im really liking the look of some of the stuff- i'm hoping we can introduce you to some great new stuff (as we did with it hugs back/sons of noel adn adrian and fanfarlo amongst others)....

Hopefully ill be able to let you know about that shortly...

and in other other news...

My girlfriend just bought me tickets to roskilde for my birthday, so Im happy about that.....(I've been most years for the last 5. Other than End of the Road it is probably my favourite one to go to...

Oh and also dont forget young republic are on tour from 14th May

www.myspace.com/theyoungrepublic for full dates...

and 2 friends of mine from vancouver are also in the country The Pack AD.....think an all female black keys, or the white stripes with better drumming and a vocalist who sounds like joplin...

Sadly no festival ever can have Help She Can't Swim as they have split up. However tom has a new band called lonely ghosts....(who are supporting why? in brighton and also Les Savy Fav on a couple of dates). I believe Tom and Leesy also have another band in the works too....(not in 'The Works' the budget bookstore tho of course)....there is a possibility Lonely ghosts may appear at the festival, but nothing is for sure yet....I hope they do!

in the meantime you can check out

www.myspace.com/lonelyghosts to see what tom is up to...

mr/mrs/miss endoftheroad,

are there many tickets left for this or whenabouts did it sell out last year, just as I see it's only 5000 capacity.

I can't quite afford it at the moment is all, as I've splashed out for three festivals already, but I maybe able to in 5-6 weeks time, so was just wondering if it was likely to sell out before then.

mr/mrs/miss endoftheroad,

are there many tickets left for this or whenabouts did it sell out last year, just as I see it's only 5000 capacity.

I can't quite afford it at the moment is all, as I've splashed out for three festivals already, but I maybe able to in 5-6 weeks time, so was just wondering if it was likely to sell out before then.