End of the road festival 2008

Guest zahidf

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EOTR type bands bigger than Okkervil River but smaller than Conor, Calexico and Mercury Rev? That's a fairly small selection.

Er... Fiery Furnaces is a good shout, to which I'll add Spoon and, solely because Warren Ellis is already there, Grinderman.

Thats the spirit.....

Good names.....good names....

now see if you can keep guessing until we are allowed to announce them!

On a serious note I heard Micah P Hinson's new album last night and it was pretty great

ALso Turner Cody was great last night at our residency show....i recommend his new record...its like the missing link between jeff lewis and James taylor

Thats the spirit.....

Good names.....good names....

now see if you can keep guessing until we are allowed to announce them!

On a serious note I heard Micah P Hinson's new album last night and it was pretty great

ALso Turner Cody was great last night at our residency show....i recommend his new record...its like the missing link between jeff lewis and James taylor

Well i wanted to say My Morning Jacket but I thought they were too big!!!!!

Would also make sense that they couldn't be announced yet as they've just been added to hop farm.

Bigger than Okkervil River.......when we've already got British SEA power???????

Greg lake???

or just possibly...............................The Blue Nile!!!!!!!!

Actually going to go back to my original wish list and dust off the Guillemots!!! (although they're quite small little birdies aren't they?)

Strangely, no, i am aware that you arent the same person called sadwitch, and yet my brain couldnt get its head around things. so yes, the message to Lianne was to you. And yes i do know that you are not called lianne. Sorry.

and to everyone else...keep those rumours coming......some of you might be right, some might not. (and for those who arent right, maybe i'll copy the wishlists and send them to people who arent playing this year to see how much they would be loved if the play EOTR!)

I would like Simon Breed please, and Loney Dear (again), Flaming Lips, CYHSY, I'm from Barcelona (again), the BobbyMcGees, David Thomas Broughton (again please).

I do like the Wave Pictures. They seem to be getting a tiny bit trendy.

all good names, some of them correct, others arent...you will just have to wait and see.

Im afraid the license dictates that we can't have people camping on the thursday (yet...) we will see what we can do tho.

i like the river, lake, sea link....

if glasto can have shakin stevens, perhaps we should have billy OCEAN.....or east river pipe....

or weezer (featuring RIVERS cuomo)

So, to summarise, by my reckoning at least one or more of the following is yet to be announced:

okkervil river , devotchka , gary louris

Ben Folds , Bonnie Prince Billy , The Fiery Furnaces

Tindersticks

Band of Horses , Sufjan Stevens , Bill Callahan , My Morning Jacket

Broken Social Scene , Tuung , The Earlies , Espers

The Blue Nile , Guillemots

Band of Horses , The Decemberists , Herman Dune

Sparklehorse , Sons and daughters , Hush the many

Simon Breed , Loney Dear , Flaming Lips , CYHSY , I'm from Barcelona , the BobbyMcGees , David Thomas Broughton , Wave Pictures

Yes??