End of the road festival 2008

Guest zahidf

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Aha - just got it forwarded. Kurt Wagner solo - awesome.

We are very jolly and happy to share with you yet another bunch of bands who will be playing at End of the Road in September... this will be announced to the press tomorrow Wednesday, so you're getting a sneak preview here:

Conor Oberst & the Mystic Valley Band (headline Friday), Absentee, Baby Dee, Bowerbirds, Clare & the Reasons, Dead Meadow, El Guincho, Kurt Wagner (Lambchop), Miracle Fortress, Pyramids, Robyn Hitchcock and Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin

All these artists join our other headliners Mercury Rev (Saturday) and Calexico (Sunday) as well as all the other lovely bands already confirmed:

Low, American Music Club, Two Gallants, British Sea Power, Sun Kil Moon / Mark Kozelek, Billy Childish, Micah P Hinson, Mountain Goats, Akron/Family, Kimya Dawson, Darren Hayman (Darren and Jack Play Hefner Songs), FM Belfast, Laura Marling, Devon Sproule, Angelo Spencer, Kelley Stoltz, Jeffrey Lewis, Jason Molina, A Hawk And A Hacksaw, Bob Log III, The Wave Pictures, Woodpigeon, Sons of Noel & Adrian and Friska Viljor.

Was just checking out a few of the bands I'd never heard before from the new announcement via MySpace.

Clare and the Reasons, Absentee, Miracle Fortress and Baby Dee (apparently a fifty something, harp playing, transgender, ex-tree surgeon) all sound very interesting!

Man, I love this festival. Always an fascinating mix of bands.

Edited by Swindlebiscuit

Re: Sons of Noel and Adrian....

I believe sons of noel and adrian will be given a rather nice slot this year...you will have to wait and see. In the meantime you can download some stuff over at www.thelineofbestfit.com which also has a whole bunch of EOTR faves on it. Its the SIC compilation....and its great....

RE: The National

I am afraid that as The National are playing greenman they won't be playing this year. We would love to have them play at end of the road, but we try and keep things interesting for you guys and have as much stuff that doesn't play at other festivals as possible...thats why we do what we do.

Unsigned/ DIY bands...

The same way we discovered sons of noel and adrian lasat year, we will be casting our eye (by that i mean my eyes) over the 900+ applications we have had to bring you the best new and unsung talent. The likes of Fanfarlo/ the afformentioned Sons of Noel...and It hugs Back have graced this stage in the past....so you know you are in for a treat when it gets announced

Other additions to the bill.....

Please not that this is NOT the final bill...there is still at least ONE more announcement to make, if not more. There are THREE very special artists confirmed for that already, but for various reasons we must keep you in suspense. I know it's a tease but belileve me, it will be worth the wait. They are both VERY End of the Road...and we are honoured to have them (as we are for all our bands, and those of you who come along and make the festival what it is....)

To Lianne:

I'm not sure how quickly tickets are selling after todays news, but would advise that sooner rather than later would be a good idea!

Can't wait to see you all down the front again this year...(and i might actually make the meet up this time)....

ohh and for the brightonites amongst you -12.30 on the saturday of Great Escape, The Young Republic will be playing the alternative escape at Horatios bar on the pier! Also any YR fans can download the live cover of 'ISIS' that took the festival by storm last year at www.endoftheroadrecords.com

Phew....

anyone else?

best

R

oh and re: Conor

I believe he has played some 'Bright Eyes' covers with his new band, but he is releasing a solo record this summer. This tour goes with it.

As far as I know Conor has always said that if he ever did a record/ Tour without Moggis then he wouldn't call it Bright Eyes- so i guess thats your answer.

(and if you didnt know he also fronted a band called 'Desparacidos' who were brilliant but more 'ROCK'...like a more melodic, american mclusky'