End of the road festival 2008

Guest zahidf

Hi endoftheroadro...

Many, many thanks for your detailed response...I have just read it out to my girlfriend (she is currently in bed with flu) and it has brightened up her day...she is a real film buff so is really excited about the opportunity to indulge in some of Simon's recommendations. We also like the sound of the 'living room' and will definitely gets some healing incorporated into our schedule.

Thanks again...the lady is far more buoyant about the whole affair...as long as the rain and mud does not materialise then I am sure she will have a great time :D

Can't wait.....

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi endoftheroadro...

Many, many thanks for your detailed response...I have just read it out to my girlfriend (she is currently in bed with flu) and it has brightened up her day...she is a real film buff so is really excited about the opportunity to indulge in some of Simon's recommendations. We also like the sound of the 'living room' and will definitely gets some healing incorporated into our schedule.

Thanks again...the lady is far more buoyant about the whole affair...as long as the rain and mud does not materialise then I am sure she will have a great time :D

Can't wait.....

any word on when The Local's line-up will be announced?

and any more lovely Scandinavians to be announced too?

I'm listening to The Acorns for the first time in about three months (I befriended them on myspace back then, and then just moved on to new bands), and am enjoying- now on the song with the Ohbijou singer, which makes me want to listen to them afterwards.

Looking forward to the full line-up later on, so I can do my traditional listening to all of the bands to rate/highlight/rule-out all of the bands in preparation!

Hi Again...

I have been looking at the End of the Road MySpace page and have come across a good little band by the name of "House of Brothers" but I cannot see them on the official EOTR poster or website band list...are they actually confirmed? The reason I ask is that Miracle Fortress is also confirmed on the MySpace page and it seems that they have cancelled.

Any ideas? Cheers ;)

I asked a while ago about coming over from Belgium

Well we booked tickets a few days ago!

Thanks all for the bits of advice

We managed to get cheap flights to Southampton and will make our way from there - a bit of damage to our carbon footprint but we don't want to miss out!

Might stay around Salisbury for a couple of days after the festival if anyone has any hints and tips on nice places to stay/things to see?

To keep this slightly more on-topic - how nice to see Christopher Rees on the bill!

I had an EP of his several years ago and thought it was beautiful stuff then he seemed to disappear and i forgot all about him!

stonehenge is obviously pretty close.

The New Forest is a pretty nice area, especially in autumn......and on the way back to Southampton (which is, err, not so nice). Salisbury itself is a busy but still attractive town, the cathedral is pretty special if that's your thing!!

A few bands on my myspace bands have declared specific days/times, so I'm guessing that at the least the bands themselves must have been informed now...

Oh! Wasn't there to be a special guest? Would it be completely wild speculation to - well, y'know how Cate Le Bon is playing? And y'know how the End of the Road peeps are probably on good terms with the Super Furries? And and... could we have Neon Neon? Pleeease?!

Would also be interested in how ticket sales are going. My friend can't buy his ticket till the end of this month - is this likely to be a problem?

Many thanks :lol:

Just got the e-mail through for the full "The Local" lineup as below (for those of you not signed up)...

A.p.a.T.t

Alessi

Birdengine

David Thomas Broughton

The Chap

The Constantines

Cut a Shine 21st Century Barn Dance

Dead Meadow

Karima Francis

Charlotte Hatherley

Essie Jain

Folk Orchestra

Denis Jones

One Little Plane

The Singing Adams

The Miserable Rich

Wildbirds and Peacedrums

Pictish Trail w/ Rozi Plain

By the Fireside

Robyn G Shiels

Got to see Denis Jones...last time I "tried" was at Horatio's at the Great Escape and he didn't have a guitar battery so cancelled his set! :lol:

Just got the e-mail through for the full "The Local" lineup as below (for those of you not signed up)...

A.p.a.T.t

Alessi

Birdengine

David Thomas Broughton

The Chap

The Constantines

Cut a Shine 21st Century Barn Dance

Dead Meadow

Karima Francis

Charlotte Hatherley

Essie Jain

Folk Orchestra

Denis Jones

One Little Plane

The Singing Adams

The Miserable Rich

Wildbirds and Peacedrums

Pictish Trail w/ Rozi Plain

By the Fireside

Robyn G Shiels

Got to see Denis Jones...last time I "tried" was at Horatio's at the Great Escape and he didn't have a guitar battery so cancelled his set! :lol:

The Singing Adams is, I think, the singer from the Broken Family Band's solo project. There's a few people who played last year coming back with solo or side projects, which is good. According to one member's Myspace the Modern Ovens are playing too: http://arts.guardian.co.uk/filmandmusic/st...2260571,00.html
Edited by William of Walworth