NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

GH barely changes, its not about the crowds, venues or character models - its about the tracklists, GH and RB are the 2 best franchises for printing cash with very little work, yet dlc is a bit thin on the ground, although RB's is a bit better than GH.

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COD had better still be christmas number one. what date will that be decided?
Edited by Langdale Wolf

I thought they can do a mid-week chart as well.. In which case it will be Christmas Eve..

But as games are usually released on a Friday and not a Monday (as in the case of albums). It could well be Christmas Day..

Whilst I'd say it'll probably win, I think fallout 3 could very much be a darkhorse; strong reviews and increasing word of mouth coupled with cheap prices (I got it for £19.50 for pc this week*). Whilst it's an rpg, it has a lot of accessabiliity and potential crossover to the fps crowd. Whilst not a large sample, it seems just on here that more of us have fallout compared to cod. The 18 certificate could hinder sales tho.

*with some little fallout figuerine same as the picture on the box as it was the same price. laughed my ass off when the guy said about their extra special lunchbox edition for a tenner more. "yes maybe I would like that....if I was 8 yrs old"

Having not played 4 yet, what needs to be remembered about GH is how the way you play changes between 1 and 3. 1 has easier songs, but hammer ons and pull offs are far more difficult. GH 3 has harder songs, but an easier way to play them. two was the pinnacle in my book, purely for the bonus songs in comparison to the others. Jordan, The Light That Blinds, Six and Thunderhorse are probably my favourite songs to play from the entire franchise. Still stuck on Psychobilly Freakout though...

Start with 3 probably, its the easiest to get into and has the most recognisable songs.

Guitar Hero kinda reached it's peak at GHII.

I have GHIII and GH: Aerosmith (was given the Aerosmith one) and it's so very stale now. The Aerosmith game is kinda fun but has the GHIII balancing issues.

Playing GHII for the first time (when GH was still fresh), and the drums on Rock Band were probably the most fun I've had on these things.

GH II has the best balance of difficulty. Medium is medium, hard is hard and expert really is expert.

GHIII I don't think was properly tested. The difficulty really is all over place on all of the songs. And I really, really, really hate those stupid Guitar Battles they introduced. I cannot complete GHIII on Hard because of the random bullshit of the last devil battle. Life's too short for that crap. I almost beat the guy only for the game to randomly spit out a whammy failure, which f*cked it all up. Other times I would get a simple broken string in that place. Sometimes the attacks I got were utter crap. It's a case of waiting for a lucky string on attacks, which is utter bullshit.

GHII is definitely the best one, it's the most fun and best designed. And I'd consider getting Rock Band because the DLC is fantastic, Pixies and Foo Fighters albums and fun single tracks everywhere.

Anyone know what the real verdict is on World Tours instruments vs Rock Bands? The drum pedal broke on the drums rather easily on Rock Band but I hear GH: WT's kit isn't any better.

The guitar on RockBand ain't too hot, but I think that may just be down to most of us starting with the GH one.

A part of me doesn't want any part of it anymore either because they're big "franchises" now.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Yeah I've noticed that - I have no idea where they're going to exploit that glitch and I just see it on the kill cam. Where the hell is it?!

I've also read that due to the number of complaints, people's Game Scores are COD stats are being reset if they're caught constantly offending.

I don't see the point of doing it at all.

Has the Rock band 2 instruments box come out over here? I've seen the original Rock Band Box all over but not the RB2 ones.

I wanna buy RB2 with instruments as they are better than the original's then rent Rock Band 1 just to import the tracks to RB2 for a fiver.

I'm baffled that anyone would choose GH:WT over Rock Band 2 when the RB1 import feature effectively doubles the amount of songs for less than a tenner including the rental charge

Has the Rock band 2 instruments box come out over here? I've seen the original Rock Band Box all over but not the RB2 ones.

I wanna buy RB2 with instruments as they are better than the original's then rent Rock Band 1 just to import the tracks to RB2 for a fiver.

I'm baffled that anyone would choose GH:WT over Rock Band 2 when the RB1 import feature effectively doubles the amount of songs for less than a tenner including the rental charge