NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wipeout HD is excellent...loving it...

haha...littlebigplanet being delayed...i thought you were joking rhysieg...just saw it on the news...can't even have words out of holy books anymore?!? Insane.

This ones is just so pretty.... :O

it's really long. I've never been in to Wipeout either really, and i got this one for free, but it's just such a good racing game, playing as a beginner it actually seems like it could have a lot of depth this time, it has several speed settings and this thing called pilot assist which steers you away from the side. Hopefully turning that off with make it harder.

This one doesn't seem much more repetitive than any other racing games, i guess only time will tell there tho.

capcom have hit a deal with sony and will now have their own place on the playstation store, not sure what this will bring lets hope a few old school resi evils up for sale :angry: the new capcom section in the playstation store will be released in early november.

lets hope a few more developers will follow, and make the playstation store buzz with great content.

linkage: http://www.edge-online.com/features/capcoms-psn-storefront

yeah wipeout is great (even though ive been side tracked by oblivion) im struggling now to get enough points to carry on on campaign, time trials are the hardest, one corner wrong and your f**ked :angry: i find zone hard aswell, and some of the trophies are insanely hard to get. it looks great, and online is amazing.

reccomended for anyone, especially if you have a friend thats willing to share the purchase for free :O

It's had 9s and 10s from nearly every reviewer. I'm really looking forward to this game. Some people have been able to get there hands on it early as comet / currys we selling it even when they shouldn't of been. Think i might disappear off the radar for a few weeks when it comes out.

Does anyone use transcode360? the media sharing software recommended for the 360.

I downloaded it last night but read the forum help pages and got put off installing it. It seems loads of people have had problems with it and I dont want to mess with the puter.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I've been getting my teeth stuck into Banjo Kazooie on an N64 emulator recently. Saw it was coming out on XBox Arcade and thought I'd give it a whirl as I missed it first time around. What a cracking little game it is.

Think I may stop playing on the emulator and wait for the xbox version.

Does anyone use transcode360? the media sharing software recommended for the 360.

I downloaded it last night but read the forum help pages and got put off installing it. It seems loads of people have had problems with it and I dont want to mess with the puter.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by t8yman

nobody uses transcode360 any more because you dont need to, the xbox360 plays divx's anyway. as does the ps3.

transcode 360 was ok when I needed it, a bit buggy and temperamental at times, but as I said, its redundant now.

wmp10 does the job beautifully now.

Codec errors only tend to come up if you arent signed into your profile on live, but they can occur when you are signed in. not as much as you appear to suggest though. (In my experience)

have you tried playing them via a usb stick drive?

is your console completely up to date firmware wise?

is it constantly connected to live?

I have 300gb of avi's on my media drive upstairs, I stream these to my xbox using the media sharing option through windows media extender, its a bit of faffing to set up, but once its done its solid. is your PC's processor reasonably fast? celerons struggle I have been told, I would say anything less than a P4 might struggle, but most modern dual cores should piss it.

I would personally recommend you try a number of your avis via a usb stick drive, whilst connected to live. I reckon 2% of my avi's come up with codec errors, and even some of those work eventually when connected and signed in to live.

It will also play mp4's such as hi def movie trailers downloaded from apple's trailer site.

If streaming simply wont work for you, and you cant be arsed dragging and dropping avi's onto a usb stick (8gb ones are about £30 now) you could always buy a usb hard disc drive (one that doesnt need a power supply - for convenience) and format it to FAT32 - and the 360 will recognise it as a "portable device". I got a western digital 320Gb HDD for about £70 from PC world, its ace.

Edited by t8yman

Codec errors only tend to come up if you arent signed into your profile on live, but they can occur when you are signed in. not as much as you appear to suggest though. (In my experience)

have you tried playing them via a usb stick drive?

is your console completely up to date firmware wise?

is it constantly connected to live?

I have 300gb of avi's on my media drive upstairs, I stream these to my xbox using the media sharing option through windows media extender, its a bit of faffing to set up, but once its done its solid. is your PC's processor reasonably fast? celerons struggle I have been told, I would say anything less than a P4 might struggle, but most modern dual cores should piss it.

I would personally recommend you try a number of your avis via a usb stick drive, whilst connected to live. I reckon 2% of my avi's come up with codec errors, and even some of those work eventually when connected and signed in to live.

It will also play mp4's such as hi def movie trailers downloaded from apple's trailer site.

If streaming simply wont work for you, and you cant be arsed dragging and dropping avi's onto a usb stick (8gb ones are about £30 now) you could always buy a usb hard disc drive (one that doesnt need a power supply - for convenience) and format it to FAT32 - and the 360 will recognise it as a "portable device". I got a western digital 320Gb HDD for about £70 from PC world, its ace.