NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm installing it when I get home, not bothered about LIVE anyway, I havent played anything online for ages. And the only real feature I am that excited about is the install to HDD feature, which I can do now with this. Its only a 7mb download. 'm quite looking forward to it. No avatars till the 19th though.

edited to add- oops, just realised that this update will remove all codecs from the machine until the 19th, so no divx playback. this means I cant do it till the official launch. I use my 360 to play movies more than I do to play games these days.

Edited by t8yman

I'm installing it when I get home, not bothered about LIVE anyway, I havent played anything online for ages. And the only real feature I am that excited about is the install to HDD feature, which I can do now with this. Its only a 7mb download. 'm quite looking forward to it. No avatars till the 19th though.

edited to add- oops, just realised that this update will remove all codecs from the machine until the 19th, so no divx playback. this means I cant do it till the official launch. I use my 360 to play movies more than I do to play games these days.

I'm not bothered about gears online, didnt like gears 1 online at all. Ive just read somewhere that if you remove the hard drive when you do the update - the divx codecs remain as they are stored on the hdd and the uppdate is flashed to the consoles firmware.

edited to add, if you want to do the update and still have divx funtionality -

system > memory > harddrive > media extension and then delete it

redownload the media extension by trying to play a divx, this will download the latest version of the codec.

just for safety I am going to remove my hdd when I am doing the upgrade.

by all accounts it will play divx's fine. I'm gonna try it this afternoon at about 2. will post my findings after that.

Edited by t8yman

anyone played the football manager demo?