eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest folkpunk

Headliners Predictions

I reckon Alabama 3 will get a headline slot this year, at worst second billing.

Hoping against hope for Robert Plant, but then again, he might be pre-occupied with "other projects"!

I reckon Alabama 3 will get a headline slot this year, at worst second billing.

Apparently Larry Love announced on Radio 2 Fri nite that Alabama 3 have confirmed they ARE doing B/days this year.

(as well as Glastonbury plus T In The Park) just seen posting by Rollergirl on another thread.

Who is Larry Love? I can't see listed on Radio 2's website..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/presenters.shtml#l

Apparently Larry Love announced on Radio 2 Fri nite that Alabama 3 have confirmed they ARE doing B/days this year.

(as well as Glastonbury plus T In The Park) just seen posting by Rollergirl on another thread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/presenters.shtml#l

They were headline 2nd stage in 2006 (I think) - so step up to main stage headliner, or 2nd/3rd etc, should be easy enough.

& it's Kowalski to lynch if this all goes pear-shaped, cheers RollerGirl :)

(as well as Glastonbury plus T In The Park) just seen posting by Rollergirl Kowalski on another thread.

Edited as I said Rollergirl instead of Kowalski.

Sorry Rollergirl...I should have said Kowalski and have edited my post accordingly.

Doh! And I thought that was the name of the DJ! B)

Shows how much I know about Alabama 3!

I don't think I've seen A3 before & Beautiful nights this March when they support The Levs will be the first time I think

They were headline 2nd stage in 2006 (I think) - so step up to main stage headliner, or 2nd/3rd etc, should be easy enough.

LIKE TO SEE THE BEETROOT KINGS AT BDs. A FRIEND TOLD ME TO CHECK THEM OUT AFTER SEEING THEM AT THE CAVERN. NOT HEARD THEM LIVE MYSELF BUT TOOK A LISTEN ON THEIR MYSPACE SITE.......AWESOME. PROPER KICK ASS MUSIC JUST RIGHT FOR A KICK ASS FEST!

SHINE UP YOUR BEST PAIR OF BOOTS AND I'LL BUFF MY ARSE ....... LET THE KICKING COMMENCE :P

I'd love to have The Wonderstuff back as headliner cos I've been going since 2006 and missed seeing them in 2005.

Does anyone on here agree with that?

Does anyone on here have some influence to get them at BD 2008? At the very least get Miles Hunt & the gorgeous lass that plays fiddle. Perhaps an acoustic set in the Big Top would be nice if not headliner on main stage. :P

I know The Wonderstuff are scheduled to headline Blissfields fri nite but that's the week after Glasto and also clashes with GuilFest & 02 Wireless. :P

PLEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEE get The Wonderstuff to headline BD again.

I'd love to have The Wonderstuff back as headliner cos I've been going since 2006 and missed seeing them in 2005.

Does anyone on here agree with that?

They wee good in 2005 BUT Beauty Days seems to move forward every year. kt tunstall was a massive catch and expect someone on par with her to headline this year

I see squeeze are rumoured heavily but would they be a headliner??? I would think maybe second on the bill Friday night. Also the Pogues are playing V so could be possible for Friday but I guess they would be far too expensive.

Do squeeze have Jools Holland in these days?

Edit: ah,no... judging from their official site.

I see squeeze are rumoured heavily but would they be a headliner??? I would think maybe second on the bill Friday night. Also the Pogues are playing V so could be possible for Friday but I guess they would be far too expensive.