• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

efests' best guess so far is:

Fri: Muse

Sat: The Verve

Sun: REM

But then Fri & Sun are just rumours, so all could very well change.

e.g. The Kooks have a new album out in February, what are the f-ing chances of a promotion for them?!? :D

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!

Oi! And what is wrong with that?! :(

The Kooks were brill as 2nd headliner to The Killers this year!

As were The Kaiser Chiefs as 2nd headliner to The Who!

I'd be tempted to see both at IOW but couldn't afford that AND Glasto. So (IMO) be good if either Headline (If not Pyramid then the other stage perhaps, I'd be there for sure amongst many others)

BTW good guess on headliners but bit samey isn't it?

And you don't think Radiohead or Kylie could still come in on Sat nite in between other gigs?? :D

I really want the Verve to headline the other stage, think it would be perfect for them. They could then play lots of stuff off Storm in Heaven and Northern Soul without having to please with Urban Hymns tunes like they would on the Pyramid stage (If that makes sense???). I would put them up against Muse on the Friday night :(

chances of ashcroft agreeing to an other stage slot

zero

I'm intrigued by the rumours of muse playing friday (whats the source? :S ) but i just cant see it wasnt that long ago that they last played plus dom's dad died their last time (not that this would totally put them off but its not the best memory to have really), in the summer they are also meant to be touring the Mediterranean in a boat :S (though not sure of the dates, so could be irrelevant) Don't get me wrong i love muse, theyre excellent live and id be there to seem but i just can't see. This is all coming from someone who is holdin on to radiohead still playin saturday. At the end of the day the line up doesnt faze me much, just give me a glass of pear cider and il be happy xD

I really want the Verve to headline the other stage, think it would be perfect for them. They could then play lots of stuff off Storm in Heaven and Northern Soul without having to please with Urban Hymns tunes like they would on the Pyramid stage (If that makes sense???). I would put them up against Muse on the Friday night :(

They wouldn't though. Even ignoring ego, the change of music towards Urban Hymns was a choice by the band. I have no belief that they'll be anything better than the bland Oasis wannabes they turned into with their first reunion.

They wouldn't though. Even ignoring ego, the change of music towards Urban Hymns was a choice by the band. I have no belief that they'll be anything better than the bland Oasis wannabes they turned into with their first reunion.

Yep in my opinion that was what I thought back in the 90's

I saw the Verve support Oasis at Earls court and they blew them off the stage, even Noel said so afterwards.

The Verve live was just something else, imo nothing else could touch them.

Don't get me wrong I love Oasis (15 times seen them live), but as an overall package, give me the verve any time.

going back to possible headliners, i say bring back the stevie wonder speculation, i remember there being some when kylie pulled out.

otherwise hasn't eavis wanted clapton to do it for a while, i know not everyone's cup of tea, and i know he's meant to have made remarks in the past that don't sit comfortably with the festival's vibe, but the rumours were there for a while, that eavis wanted him.

i say (presuming no radiohead),

friday arcade fire

saturday daft punk

sunday stevie wonder (with neil young for good length afternoon slot)

Well given that Oasis had become bland Oasis wannabes around the same time as Urban Hymns was released it's not too harsh a call.

going back to possible headliners, i say bring back the stevie wonder speculation, i remember there being some when kylie pulled out.

otherwise hasn't eavis wanted clapton to do it for a while, i know not everyone's cup of tea, and i know he's meant to have made remarks in the past that don't sit comfortably with the festival's vibe, but the rumours were there for a while, that eavis wanted him.

i say (presuming no radiohead),

friday arcade fire

saturday daft punk

sunday stevie wonder (with neil young for good length afternoon slot)

Michael Stipe has today said that the new REM album is to be released in April.....Glasto bound with a new album to promote?

Also Led Zep are in talks to play the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff (More shows the better chance of a Glasto slot I would say)

hang on.....i dont doubt they had a poor Glastonbury in 04 and they have done some pritty naff shows. But they have done some very good shows!!! and im gobsmacked you point to V 05!! I watched them at Staffs V05 and Man Citys ground in 2005 and they were really good at both!!!

I remember ALOT of critics and punters saying Oasis were on form that year. So its not just my narrow minded view :angry:

Edited by Petewasbristol

Agree about V, thought they put on a great show at Staffs, Glasto I agree they were poor......Reading 2000............well :(

Best I have ever seen them was at Millenium Stadium a few years ago, was a brillaint all round day of music. Even got Liams setlist :D

Man this thread is going through lots of artists and debates!

nah Ive never bought into this......its the typical build them up to drop them ...

This is the way i see Oasis albums...

Definitely Maybe - great

(What's the Story) Morning Glory - great

Be Here Now - average

Heathen Chemistry - good

The Masterplan - very good

Don't Believe The Truth - very good / great (cant seattle)

I am a big Oasis fan....but I also think im fair....the only naff album in my eyes was Be Here Now....the rest were at least in the good bracket. You will struggle to find many bands out their that have managed to keep up the level of success over so many years. The majority of there gigs sell out here and in europe, and they have some level of sucess in the US and the widder world.

Alot of unfair shit gets thrown there way which is usally a class issue in my eyes.

By the way.....

Urban Hymns - Great

the rest...average....