no Kylie, no radiohead

Guest Neil

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't resist any longer and decided to fork out the £50 odd quid for a ticket next June. Not only that, but going across to Dublin for the opening night on the 6th at Malahide Castle. WOW.

My money is on a stripped down rig being sent to Glasto for the Saturday night!

Bands like the Police got slated for all the carbon they produced touring ! - Personally I feel they

should not have bothered.

Why are we saying no Kylie at Glasto next year? :P

Even with some extra dates added next year I believe she is still free on Saturday 28th June

No reason why the Pop Diva cannot fly in to headline the sat nite! :)

Eavis & the other organisers want her at Glasto as proved when scheduled in 2005.

Ok, she is not my cup of tea but i think it would be a major coup to get Kylie at Glasto and shows how diverse the fest can be!

The UK dates are:

JUNE

26 Belfast Odyssey Arena

27 Belfast Odyssey Arena

EXTRA DATES:

Kylie Minogue in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Date: 29/06/2008

Date: 30/06/2008

Venue: Odyssey Arena

JULY

2 & 3 Glasgow SECC

5 & 6 Glasgow SECC

14 & 15 Manchester MEN Arena

17 & 18 Manchester MEN Arena

26 & 27 London O2 Arena

29 & 30 London O2 Arena

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!

eavis ego wouldnt let mid level bands be the three headliners

I find it hard to believe that Kylie and her entourage would fly from Belfast to Glasto and then back again within 24 hours. Radiohead might be able to do the Saturday night but even that would be logistically difficult.

I see Chris Martin has said Coldplay are touring this year with a new album out in the first half of 2008 - could they feature on the Saturday night?

I saw the Verve at the O2 arena last night, was quite simply one of the best gigs I have ever been to.

Ashcroft really has gone back to becoming mad Richard again, he came on with no shoes, and peroxide blonde short hair (no Joke) and was doing all his moves of old, he was just loving every second, what a frontman!

The choice of setlist was spot on, I was really delighted with the amount of Storm in Heavan tracks they played, a Glasto album to listen to off your face if there ever was one!

At one point Mccabe injured his hand and had to go off for treatment, Ashcroft took over and played a solo Acoustic Drugs dont work.....WOW is all I can say.

With them rumoured to be playing Glasto....all I can hope is that it is true. :P

A short review I have found online :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1924

Edited by Petewasbristol

I find it hard to believe that Kylie and her entourage would fly from Belfast to Glasto and then back again within 24 hours. Radiohead might be able to do the Saturday night but even that would be logistically difficult.

I see Chris Martin has said Coldplay are touring this year with a new album out in the first half of 2008 - could they feature on the Saturday night?

So 3 headliners:

Muse or The Cure

Kylie?! or Radiohead?! :P

Led Zep or Bruce Springsteen? (unless he playing elsewhere sun nite....)

Neil young has just anounced dates over here for next year......would love to see him at Glasto

got myself two tickets for the saturday today, went for the cheapseats at the cool price of £62 quid a ticket after booking fees..ouch...still i've never seen him before and am a big fan, just hoping he plays fair share of older stuff. personally i think he'd be great at glasto, few rockier numbers like southern man, cinnamon girl, rocking in the free world, and then the stuff like old man, helpless, needle and the damage done etc....twould be superb...(or get csny for deja vu in it's entirety :P )