The Park

Avalon_Fields

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I love dance music and DJs, but putting Fat Boy on The Park seems to have broken the seal and, for me, especially given the enormous variety and choice of DJs in the daytime and at night, I really feel that the five main stages 'should' have live acts headlining, even if those are live dance acts - Jon Hopkins, Four Tet, Justice etc. Just doesn't feel right to me. 

Ben

I totally agree with this - there’s plenty of places for DJ’s without taking over the live stages. I didn’t go but even Fatboy made sense given his history with the festival and his general longevity. But Peggy Gou is a bad fit in my opinion. Not for me, thanks! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, northernangel said:

What are you actually on about or are you just fighting yourself now? You sound like Neil now telling people what their own experiences were like.

So in another words if you're giving options how I could have got in, inside 20 minutes then it was possible. It is hard to go back in but I wouldn't come out if I was in. I've been going there for years. Basically it needs to revert back to being later like 6pm so there is more interest in options that clash, that's the biggest problem.

I'm not fighting with anyone lad. You started the aggressive tone, I'm merely pointing out you contradicted yourself. Your experience of getting in so quickly (like I've said previously) was possible by pushing (not cool), or by being lucky (not representative). Which was it, because it 100% isn't because you can just show up and get into that tent then in twenty minutes as a rule?

Stop being a child and downvoting just because you got shown up. Oh, dropping the Neil line too, I see. Stay classy.

7 hours ago, Superscally said:

I'm not fighting with anyone lad. You started the aggressive tone, I'm merely pointing out you contradicted yourself. Your experience of getting in so quickly (like I've said previously) was possible by pushing (not cool), or by being lucky (not representative). Which was it, because it 100% isn't because you can just show up and get into that tent then in twenty minutes as a rule?

Stop being a child and downvoting just because you got shown up. Oh, dropping the Neil line too, I see. Stay classy.

What are you even talking about you fool? Haha, for every comment I've not bothered down voting on here that loads of others do you definitely deserved one!

Firstly, there is no aggressive tone, secondly I haven't contradicted myself at all. I've told you that you put words in my mouth....child!, and then you say I've got shown up on no evidence! You're presuming again...just like Neil. Using Neil here isn't not staying classy, it's just showing your similarity!.

You actually don't need a step by step guide of my movements but as you ask and if it'll bring you down above the level you believe you are, I noticed the line of people that were slowly moving in vs everyone just huddled behind the barrier and positioned myself to go in. I simialry saw my mate behind the barrier once I'd go in and directed him where to go and 15 minutes later he was in.

Yep agree on PG and other DJs headlining the main stages. I suppose they do need a big enough draw at headline time to help split the crowds, maybe they felt there just wasn't a big enough live option? Although IMO an orbital headline would be rammed given the options elsewhere that evening.

Edited by Grinding aftertaste

27 minutes ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

... same last year - we went to Leftfield and FBS and it was an absolute travesty Leftfield didn't get to close the stage. They were incredible, FBS was garbage.

Yeah it does feel like Norman Cook, and his desire to play every stage at Glastonbury, is responsible for this. 

39 minutes ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

... same last year - we went to Leftfield and FBS and it was an absolute travesty Leftfield didn't get to close the stage. They were incredible, FBS was garbage.

I'm still gutted that I missed Leftfield... going to watch the set again now. Bittersweet.

Thankfully I've tickets for them in Dublin this July but Glasto is always a different level, as we all here know

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

What are you even talking about you fool? Haha, for every comment I've not bothered down voting on here that loads of others do you definitely deserved one!

Firstly, there is no aggressive tone, secondly I haven't contradicted myself at all. I've told you that you put words in my mouth....child!, and then you say I've got shown up on no evidence! You're presuming again...just like Neil. Using Neil here isn't not staying classy, it's just showing your similarity!.

You actually don't need a step by step guide of my movements but as you ask and if it'll bring you down above the level you believe you are, I noticed the line of people that were slowly moving in vs everyone just huddled behind the barrier and positioned myself to go in. I simialry saw my mate behind the barrier once I'd go in and directed him where to go and 15 minutes later he was in.

🤭🤫🥱

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

Exactly, little game player blank! I think I gave you too much credit comparing you to Neil, he knew how to construct a proper sentence that made more sense than you.

Nah mate, you're just tedious to deal with and there's no point engaging with you for longer than I have to, seeing as your first tactic is to resort to name calling, kinda proving that you can't handle forum chats. You get wound up too easily, can't handle sarcasm or other forms of discourse apart from those you fully agree with. I was actually being light heartedly sarky with you on the first point as I clearly indicated I would NOT be going to Baggy Mondays again, before you said "Don't go then".

I save my proper sentences for my published books and scientific papers. I'll make sure I keep the emojis for you - I have edited my first post to put a winking one in to make it abundantly clear. 😘

Last I say on the subject. Have a great day and apologies for not putting that wink in first.

Edited by Superscally
  • Upvote 1

On 5/15/2024 at 10:15 PM, StuwieG said:

Is Tap House open on the Wed? This sounds right up my street. I’m guessing you’re from Liverpool? Sounds like Mojos 

I am indeed! Not that far off, but great setting and everyone is up for VIBES. See you there.