Bludfest 2024

Yungblud's own 'festival', happening at the Milton Keynes Bowl. Usually I wouldn't bother with a thread for something like this as they're glorified gigs rather than a festival, but his interview with NME suggests that it'll be a yearly thing. There will be a dedicated 'icon slot', this year be filled by The Damned.

“Lil Yachty is trying to do what I’m trying to do and push the boundaries as much as possible, whether people like it or not. I also had the idea to do ‘the icon’s slot’, for an artist that we pay homage to as one that inspired it in the first place. The reason I’ve got a white streak in my hair is because of The Damned. Every year, at about 7.30pm we’re going to have an icon.”

Edited by WhoOdyssey
  • Upvote 1

• WhoOdyssey changed the title to Bludfest 2024

Nice to see The Damned on it, one of my favourite bands. They were my second ever gig at Finsbury Park back in 86. The poster suggested they might be on in the afternoon but if the icon slot is 7.30 you would think it would be a good sized crowd.

However, would many if any of Yungbluds fans have a clue who they are? I think when I first saw them in 86, it was there 10th Anniversary celebrations. The combined age of the Damned is probably more then all the other acts put together. Could be a tumble weed moment or do you think the crowd will get in to their energetic tunes? Could be good, listening to the Capt shouting abuse at a load of teens who refuse to dance.

Love the idea of this and think it’s a great idea. Great little video of him explaining everything on YouTube posted as well. Honestly can’t understand the hate he gets. Such good value considering prices at the moment. 

Edited by foolee

7 hours ago, foolee said:

Love the idea of this and think it’s a great idea. Great little video of him explaining everything on YouTube posted as well. Honestly can’t understand the hate he gets. Such good value considering prices at the moment. 

I live the fact he says to keep the prices down, I only really like him on the bill but for £50 you cannot complain for MK Bowl when some are charging multiple fortunes for other shows.

Take Moby for example, I know it's been 25 years since playing live but standing for £75 at the 02 is just madness with top prices seats £85. My mate messages me and I replied saying yup...wait for the £70+ marker that is being the normal. For me at this point now, nearly every gig isn't justifiable. I want to do the NOFX at Brixton but I'll wait for a ticket. 

Slam Dunk is still the most over priced evernt this year by some distance. I think if you like those top few bands then an evening ticket for Trees is decent value for money....especially on The Gaslight day for me. If I lived closer, the day ticket price might just about me okay. £50 off a full priced weekend ticket until this weekend though is a big discount offer even for Trees standards.

Edited by northernangel

On 3/20/2024 at 5:26 AM, northernangel said:

I live the fact he says to keep the prices down, I only really like him on the bill but for £50 you cannot complain for MK Bowl when some are charging multiple fortunes for other shows.

Exactly. Muse's MK Bowl show last year was £90-95, to say nothing of that almost being a standard price for most stadium shows this summer going on elsewhere both last year and this year. So I think it's quite a good strategy, and if he sells out or at least gets a 50k+ crowd, those are decent numbers.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Exactly. Muse's MK Bowl show last year was £90-95, to say nothing of that almost being a standard price for most stadium shows this summer going on elsewhere both last year and this year. So I think it's quite a good strategy, and if he sells out or at least gets a 50k+ crowd, those are decent numbers.

It is also a strategy that says he isn't just money oritentated and it is for the fans as well, which in my view bodes well for Glastonbory who don't pay a lot. It is actaully probably the perfect platform, do your own show and get the festival  publicity for your high spot at say Reading the following year. 

I don't think after seeing he dates properly Yungblud will be there. Finland Friday, France Sunday. The only time he's ever doing 3 dates in a row is in France I believe so no need to move country. Potentially northern Seperate dates to come. Next year I see him at Reading and I feel they are doing the two headliners on main stage to avoid a co-headline with shorter sets to keep them away from Glastonbury the same year.

3 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

He's apparently trying to get The Cure or The Smashing Pumpkins to play next year. In an interview YB said Robert Smith "couldn't make it work this year" but "loved the idea". 

That would be special. I assume he wouldnot be headlining that sort of show.

9 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

He's apparently trying to get The Cure or The Smashing Pumpkins to play next year. In an interview YB said Robert Smith "couldn't make it work this year" but "loved the idea". 

Hopefully it keeps going so we see this next year. Could defo see The Cure doing it and loving the idea with what they did with the tickets and Ticketmaster to their shows. 

On 3/23/2024 at 8:16 AM, northernangel said:

I don't think after seeing he dates properly Yungblud will be there. Finland Friday, France Sunday. The only time he's ever doing 3 dates in a row is in France I believe so no need to move country. Potentially northern Seperate dates to come. Next year I see him at Reading and I feel they are doing the two headliners on main stage to avoid a co-headline with shorter sets to keep them away from Glastonbury the same year.

You don’t think he’s going to play his own festival?

On 3/23/2024 at 8:16 AM, northernangel said:

Ah hang on is this relating to Glastonbury? Because he is in Finland on the 28th June and France on 30th July, but as far as this MK event goes, there's nothing in the immediate days either side.

If so, yeah, I don't think he'll be turning up at the Eavis farm.