UK Politics

kalifire

26 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It means he has just challanged Labour to match the pledge - thus giving Labour absolutely no money to do anything whatsoever with.

I think labour have already pledged to increase to 2.5% if able to with their fiscal rules...

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I think labour have already pledged to increase to 2.5% if able to with their fiscal rules...

Yep, noticed they said they would match the pledge shortly after I posted this................... so Labour will have no money for anything unless growth gets to 2.5-3% and fast............................ which it won't.

27 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yep, noticed they said they would match the pledge shortly after I posted this................... so Labour will have no money for anything unless growth gets to 2.5-3% and fast............................ which it won't.

I think a certain person on here might say that these commitments might change after they've been elected. 😀

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

well Labour's is kind of non committal...will increase to 2.5% when and if we can.

So when the Ruskies are coming over them there hills, Labour are going to have a whip round to see if we can afford buy another catapult.

I dislike all politicians who choose to insult others by using any form of physical appearance as a weapon.

Sunak is short yes but there is no reason at all to use that to try and win points.

Very poor and all it does it tell the population it is OK to throw insults around.

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2024 at 10:15 PM, steviewevie said:

Keep the Lords, abolish the Commons.

Careful the govt might take you seriously 😣 

23 hours ago, steviewevie said:

defence spending going up...means less money for other things...

It's another way to try to scare people about labour high taxes.

21 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

I think a certain person on here might say that these commitments might change after they've been elected. 😀

Might do some borrowing for investment spending to create some growth.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I dislike all politicians who choose to insult others by using any form of physical appearance as a weapon.

Sunak is short yes but there is no reason at all to use that to try and win points.

Very poor and all it does it tell the population it is OK to throw insults around.

I agree, unless it's coming from Rayner and then it's fine.