Sault - is it or isn’t it?

anditmakesmesmile

20 minutes ago, Time Being said:

or those who got tickets .. how/when did they get announced? Definitely going to try to hit this in NY now after seeing accounts of the London show, mind you I'm share demand is going to be through the roof.

Do you mean on the day?  I missed this too - I was in meetings all morning (although I knew it was coming). But the weird thing is… I bought my tickets on Twickets. So original price (and only one pair the whole week on Viagogo for £250 each). And I kept looking… there were quite a few on Twickets on the run up to the 14th. I doubt there will be next time though. 

17 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Do you mean on the day?  I missed this too - I was in meetings all morning (although I knew it was coming). But the weird thing is… I bought my tickets on Twickets. So original price (and only one pair the whole week on Viagogo for £250 each). And I kept looking… there were quite a few on Twickets on the run up to the 14th. I doubt there will be next time though. 

Are they not doing the album thing in different countries.  Can't see it quite being the same 

1 hour ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Yeah guess I'm wondering if I need to be glued to their socials now for some spontaneous ticket drop type thing. Seems that might be the case. 

any more details about what actually unfolded?  I've thought for a while that most gig staging is remarkably unimaginative. A big screen showing music videos.  So what?  Just going on personal experience, one of the best "musical" things I've ever seen onstage as Cirque de Soleil's Beatles "LOVE" in Las Vegas.  15 years old now and I don't actually know if was considered a success or not.  Not live music as such, because it was a pre recorded soundtrack.  But still mesmerizing.

3 hours ago, Johndenis said:

any more details about what actually unfolded?  I've thought for a while that most gig staging is remarkably unimaginative. A big screen showing music videos.  So what?  Just going on personal experience, one of the best "musical" things I've ever seen onstage as Cirque de Soleil's Beatles "LOVE" in Las Vegas.  15 years old now and I don't actually know if was considered a success or not.  Not live music as such, because it was a pre recorded soundtrack.  But still mesmerizing.

I think (and like most of the night, it’s all conjecture) the staging was designed by Es Devlin. 

5 hours ago, Colorblindjames said:

Looked terrific. Do we now know who all the members of Sault are? 

Little Simz sang on Fear No Man (her own song)
Ganavya sang on Ever So Lonely (a cover of a song by Monsoon. I'd not heard of Ganavya before but she was a guest on Gilles Peterson's show a couple of day;s later)
Cleo Sol sang on a few songs
Kid Sister sang on Dont Waste My Time (and I think one other)
Michael Kiwanuka sang on Colour Blind 
Chronnix sang on Angel and I think one other (Glory?)
Apparently Jack Penate sang on something. But I dont know what. He's credited on writing a few songs for Sault.

Plus so many musicians. so many choristers. so many dancers. Who, a week later, havent posted anything to instagram or twitter.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 12:52 AM, anditmakesmesmile said:

Was it or wasn’t it worth the ticket price? 
Hell, yes it was!  
What an event. I think anyone who was there realised they were witnessing something very special. One of those gigs that in 20 years time people will still be talking about. Hyperbole?  Maybe. Keen to hear others’ thoughts. 

So jealous of this! Didn't even hear about it till after it happened! 😭