Campervans East or Bath & West caravan option

Soulphuric

Looking to try get tickets this Friday (1st December - if date hasn't changed) to stay at either of these locations. 

We're chancing taking a caravan with us.  Does anyone have any experience they can share of staying in either location, in a caravan or campervan please?

Campervans East looks like the best E19 areas up, to be able to walk into the festival.

Bath & West say they have showers and regular shuttle buses, being further to get to.

Trying to work out a best option that is doable to get access to, facilities such as disposal points (showers a bonus), and any tips on weather safest options (towing off site at the end).

Finally - do the tickets tend to sell out as fast as the general sale ones? Hope to have best setup ready for good enough chance to get tickets from 12pm sale.

I've always stayed in CV East...as you say, it's only a walk on to site (how much of a walk depends on what field your in!) People I know who've stayed in Bath and West say that it's fine - regular shuttle buses. I personally couldn't be doing with the faff. There are disposal points in the CV fields but no showers. There are showers on site as you probably know, but if you're in a caravan you'll have your own shower anyway.

Don't know where you've got the date of 1st December from, it hasn't been announced yet. It was 1st December last year but not necessarily this year. It's usually around 3 or 4 weeks after the main sale - remember they postponed the sale for two weeks so I'm not expecting the accommodation sale to be just yet, but there is no pattern 😄

5 minutes ago, Pear_Cider said:

I've always stayed in CV East...as you say, it's only a walk on to site (how much of a walk depends on what field your in!) People I know who've stayed in Bath and West say that it's fine - regular shuttle buses. I personally couldn't be doing with the faff. There are disposal points in the CV fields but no showers. There are showers on site as you probably know, but if you're in a caravan you'll have your own shower anyway.

Don't know where you've got the date of 1st December from, it hasn't been announced yet. It was 1st December last year but not necessarily this year. It's usually around 3 or 4 weeks after the main sale - remember they postponed the sale for two weeks so I'm not expecting the accommodation sale to be just yet, but there is no pattern 😄

It’s been announced as dec 1st 😊

We’ve stayed in the East camper van fields for years and it suits us fine. 
we used to go in family camper van fields as they are closer to the entrance gate but it’s a bun fight getting a decent pitch if you arrive later than Tuesday. We rock up around Wednesday lunchtime and always end up in either E14 or E15 which is around a mile and a half trudge to the entrance gate.

The shuttle bus from the showground sounds appealing but I still think I’ve got the legs to handle the hill of doom😱.

The caravan and camper van field tickets sell out fast so be ready at midday on Friday. 
Never had any access and egress problems towing a caravan😀

Good luck getting the tickets you want 😀

• Like 1

We've stayed in both East Quiet and East General a few times and out of the  two preferred the Quiet fields. Last year however we ended up at Bath & West after I totally missed the accommodation sale date. It's a nice enough site to pitch on, the loos are nice and clean and the shower block is a definite plus point. The shuttle bus is tolerable for most of the festival, but we had a horribly long wait (hours) trying to get back from the festival site on the Sunday night.
I'm glad to say we got EQ again this year, but if we'd ended up in B&W again I was wondering about the possibility of driving the car to the festival site on the Sunday for an easier exit at the end of the day 🤔.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 10:41 AM, El Slido said:

We've stayed in both East Quiet and East General a few times and out of the  two preferred the Quiet fields. Last year however we ended up at Bath & West after I totally missed the accommodation sale date. It's a nice enough site to pitch on, the loos are nice and clean and the shower block is a definite plus point. The shuttle bus is tolerable for most of the festival, but we had a horribly long wait (hours) trying to get back from the festival site on the Sunday night.
I'm glad to say we got EQ again this year, but if we'd ended up in B&W again I was wondering about the possibility of driving the car to the festival site on the Sunday for an easier exit at the end of the day 🤔.

I think that you can buy a car park pass on the gate for cash still. Not sure that the wait to get out of the car park and navigating to B&W with the road closures would be any faster-it could take even longer. @pilton digger might know