Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, thewomble said:

I really don't like cider enough for this competition but needs must 😅 10 pairs to be won by end of May. Would be really interested to know how many entries are made 

I'm very particular about my cider and Brother's is just far too sweet. But because I'm a sucker I'll be buying some and if I can't give it away I'll be forcing myself to drink it. 

Local Tescos have the new Brothers ciders in. There is nothing on the can to that mentions Glastonbury, but if you use the small QR type code on the side it takes you to a registration page to win tickets. I has quite a few fields to fill in, I assume you have to fill it in each time you try? The entry code is embossed on the underside of the ring, and I didn't manage to peel it up without opening the can, so the contents will be going down the sink, I can't really give it away opened.  Its way to sweet and alcopops like for my taste.

Last year there were builders around that were more than happy to take my unopened bottles of cider which was less of a waste.

IMG_0868.jpg

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Doohickey said:

Local Tescos have the new Brothers ciders in. There is nothing on the can to that mentions Glastonbury, but if you use the small QR type code on the side it takes you to a registration page to win tickets. I has quite a few fields to fill in, I assume you have to fill it in each time you try? The entry code is embossed on the underside of the ring, and I didn't manage to peel it up without opening the can, so the contents will be going down the sink, I can't really give it away opened.  Its way to sweet and alcopops like for my taste.

Last year there were builders around that were more than happy to take my unopened bottles of cider which was less of a waste.

IMG_0868.jpg

really nothing at all mentioning the comp on the outside of the cans ? christ thats odd and pretty rubbish marketing ... perhaps thats to come , previously I think you could enter the comp without having to open the cans , but maybe im getting confused with mallets or worthy cheddar 

Edited by Crazyfool01

19 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

really nothing at all mentioning the comp on the outside of the cans ?

previously I think you could enter the comp without having to open the cans , but maybe im getting confused with mallets or worthy cheddar 

There is definitely nothing on the cans I bought that  mention the festival, so I only bought 2 cans as I was unsure. Obviously I'll be going back now.

It was the stickers on the outside of the bottles last year, so you could just peel of the sticker, enter and give the bottle away unopened . I'm guessing some were able to peel the sticker off in the shop and get the entry code without buying the bottle, and this is a way to try and stop that? Or maybe its just practicalities of can vs bottle packaging.

Edited by Doohickey

Im dreading the chocolate one again. I hope this year they make it more like an Oxfam treasure hunt. It seemed so pointless last year like searching for a needle in a haystack and we never did get full disclosure about where they where found.

12 minutes ago, angelin said:

Im dreading the chocolate one again. I hope this year they make it more like an Oxfam treasure hunt. It seemed so pointless last year like searching for a needle in a haystack and we never did get full disclosure about where they where found.

We did about the winners here … 

https://x.com/tonyschocouk_ie/status/1670830593821618179?s=46&t=fy5TL9y8UGjtXdGt39V8Pw

IMG_7932.png

10 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

I’ve bought 4 cans, won 3 cases of cider and a survival bag 😂 Not the tickets but at least I had a clean sweep LOL. 

I did say chances of a win were high …. Maybe not the win but … 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I did say chances of a win were high …. Maybe not the win but … 

At least my Glastonbury booze is sorted if I’m lucky enough to get a ticket lol! Not quite sure what’s in the Survival bag so that will be a nice surprise! I’m on my way to get a few more cans 🍀🙏🤞

Anyone know if there's a way to see when the tickets have been won? If there is, maybe they won't release the winning cans until nearer the time as they wouldn't want them all being won in the first couple of weeks when the promotion is running until the end of May...

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

Anyone know if there's a way to see when the tickets have been won? If there is, maybe they won't release the winning cans until nearer the time as they wouldn't want them all being won in the first couple of weeks when the promotion is running until the end of May...

In my experience the winners seem to come in bulk …. So I won 2 second prize tents in fairly close order . But how they space that out is anyone’s guess … 

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

That’s a good shout. I remember last year the Glastonbury bottles and crates were still being sold after the festival. Theres no branding on them this year so who knows. Good luck 🍀🤞I’m keeping everything crossed we see another efest winner after the success in the cheese comp 

Just now, BillieBobs said:

That’s a good shout. I remember last year the Glastonbury bottles and crates were still being sold after the festival. Theres no branding on them this year so who knows. Good luck 🍀🤞I’m keeping everything crossed we see another efest winner after the success in the cheese comp 

Think it’s more about the timing than the codes they provide 

2 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

Good luck to you too! 🍀 Is the crate you won the same type of cider with some more chances to win, or is it the other kind?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Good luck to you too! 🍀 Is the crate you won the same type of cider with some more chances to win, or is it the other kind?

Thank you! I was hoping it was would be the competition cans as that would be 30 entries for me then 😂 I’ll let you know when they get delivered. There might be some cans in the goodie bag as well. I could open a pub at this rate lol

Just now, Doohickey said:

Was that the “Brother Survivor Bag”? I won one of those with my second can, but I’ve no idea what it is. There’s no mention of it in the official prize list.

I was thinking that too. The closest thing I could find on the list is festival essentials backpack. I’m guessing it’s a backpack with Brothers merch and some cans. Hopefully they will pop some tickets in there 😂

31 minutes ago, incident said:

Yes, it's legit - it's promoted by the Festival website and social media accounts.

Nice one cheers. Great cause so happy to throw a few quid at it.

Says a lot that I'm happy to spend the same amount on a 1 in x-thousand chance to win tickets, that I spent on an actual ticket for my first Glastonbury. C'est La Vie.

Edited by SteveTLizard