Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

Are any of you budding photographers? Bit random but I saw a post on reddit which claimed to be from a band/artist willing to offer a free ticket if someone was willing to take photos of their performances. I mean I assume it could be a scam…they ask for a deposit to secure your ticket and make sure you don’t drop out, but might be worth asking for more info 

IMG_0344.jpeg

1 hour ago, Muddlin_thru said:

Are any of you budding photographers? Bit random but I saw a post on reddit which claimed to be from a band/artist willing to offer a free ticket if someone was willing to take photos of their performances. I mean I assume it could be a scam…they ask for a deposit to secure your ticket and make sure you don’t drop out, but might be worth asking for more info 

IMG_0344.jpeg

I take photos and have equipment, but I’d be so worried about this being a scam 😞 

Sorry team! I’ve been off on my drunken weekend adventures again so haven’t been online 🙈 Does anyone need brothers codes? I can pop out tomorrow to grab a few cans. Also there’s a Co-op in Porthcawl so I can have a look for the tea in there tomorrow before I head back to Barry if anyone needs it 🍀🤞

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, IFinallyGotATicket said:

What part sounds like a scam? No one's even asking for money

The poster might ask for a deposit as guarantee that you’ll do the work and not just take the ticket and run, like when you volunteer. Still might be legit, just wanted to raise the possibility that it might not be!

15 hours ago, Muddlin_thru said:

IMG_0344.jpeg

This is what the OP said in response to someone thinking it was a scam;

I think I will probably be most at risk to be honest, what's to stop this person simply ghosting me on site?

FWIW, My best mate who is a photographer has an unavoidable family engagement and time is ticking, and I've exhausted my immediate circle. This is a legitimate you scratch my back I'll scratch yours so a ticket doesn't go to waste.

But yes look out for scams, don't send me any money, and for the love god don't doxx yourself unless you really want to help.

The successful applicant will be subject to a zoom meeting and a contract of some sort.

39 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This is what the OP said in response to someone thinking it was a scam;

I think I will probably be most at risk to be honest, what's to stop this person simply ghosting me on site?

FWIW, My best mate who is a photographer has an unavoidable family engagement and time is ticking, and I've exhausted my immediate circle. This is a legitimate you scratch my back I'll scratch yours so a ticket doesn't go to waste.

But yes look out for scams, don't send me any money, and for the love god don't doxx yourself unless you really want to help.

The successful applicant will be subject to a zoom meeting and a contract of some sort.

That’s fab! Wow what an opportunity 

16 hours ago, Muddlin_thru said:

IMG_0344.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this, I'm a professional photographer by trade so this is a dream opportunity. I've chatted with the guy, seems sound. Fingers crossed, if this pans out then I owe you a drink. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, dirtysteve said:

Thanks for sharing this, I'm a professional photographer by trade so this is a dream opportunity. I've chatted with the guy, seems sound. Fingers crossed, if this pans out then I owe you a drink. 🙂

Amazing! Good luck! 

18 hours ago, BillieBobs said:

Sorry team! I’ve been off on my drunken weekend adventures again so haven’t been online 🙈 Does anyone need brothers codes? I can pop out tomorrow to grab a few cans. Also there’s a Co-op in Porthcawl so I can have a look for the tea in there tomorrow before I head back to Barry if anyone needs it 🍀🤞

If you end up going I’ll take a box of tea code and some brothers codes 🫡

18 hours ago, BillieBobs said:

You are a . If you've got a spare code I'd be happy to try 😁. Not sure how much more cider we can get through 💪😂. Don't make any special trips though! We have a few ciders to try, tea comp, Greenpeace comp and any others that haven't been drawn yet🤞.

5 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

They did the dance comp draw today and I didn’t get picked 😞. But thanks for all the support! Back to the desperate ticket search 

Sorry to hear this. I’ve been checking all day hoping you would. Xx

14 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

They did the dance comp draw today and I didn’t get picked 😞. But thanks for all the support! Back to the desperate ticket search 

Oh, that's not the news we were all hoping for. I don't know how many entries there were, but you did get in the top 10. That's an achievement. You (like everyone on here) get 10 out of 10 for determination as well.

11 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Thanks both, feeling a bit sad about it as it would have been a complete life dream but onwards and upwards! 

The competitions can be gutting especially when you got sooo close! I thought this about the Wateraid competition, so close for some.

Great effort 💪👏🥳😎.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mand3 said:

The competitions can be gutting especially when you got sooo close! I thought this about the Wateraid competition, so close for some.

Great effort 💪👏🥳😎.

Thank you 🙂 

2 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

I am so sorry. 😓

3 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

It’s okay, I gave it a shot 🙂 all down to luck in the end 

So sorry you weren't successful, after all the tortuous waiting too! But well done for getting so close. Our local coop has the clipper tea if you'd like me to get you a code?

• Like 1