2024 Other Stage

Mark H

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The chat elsewhere that Dave is playing but not headlining Pyramid - got to be topping this or subbing El Pointo, surely?

Absolute mad call either way, when he's probably among the four younger Brit artists who could top outright.

The info was playing Pyramid but not headlining so gotta be Pyramid sub.

Ah, yes, sorry. Forgot that bit - d'oh!

Unless they've had advance notice that they've got acts locked up for 2025, I think it's the wrong call. I'd argue that's your biggest sub, contemporary size-wise, since Biffy Clyro beneath Ed Sheeran in '17, with no offence to Lizzo. 

Conversely, if Madonna was to bail, he'd be ready-made to make a swift step up.

1 minute ago, briddj said:

As a devotee of indie landfill, wonder what the chances are that Catfish would head the Other? 

In the dual-headliner era, Megan Thee Stallion topped other and Reading in 2021, while Lewis Capaldi was supposed to top Reading after being on the Pyramid last year. 

They and Gerry are the only two who could end up doing both R/L and Glastonbury, although I don’t think they’d get Other headliner - Other sub or maybe third down Pyramid. 

5 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

They and Gerry are the only two who could end up doing both R/L and Glastonbury, although I don’t think they’d get Other headliner - Other sub or maybe third down Pyramid. 

Fair assessment. 

You'd think there must be a new album, though this has come out of nowhere and they were assumed finished. Today was their first tweet for 2 years and 3 months and there hadn't been any mention of a return. 

Hopefully not Cinnamon, of whom I just don't get the attraction but each to their own. 

Just now, briddj said:

Fair assessment. 

You'd think there must be a new album, though this has come out of nowhere and they were assumed finished. Today was their first tweet for 2 years and 3 months and there hadn't been any mention of a return. 

Hopefully not Cinnamon, of whom I just don't get the attraction but each to their own. 

They ‘broke up’ in ‘22 and are now back with a different lineup other than Van I believe. Think this will just be a tour of them reeling off the old stuff, but a new album may well be in the works. 

Gerry was apparently approached to play Glastonbury in 2020 I think and turned it down as he wanted a bigger slot than they offered so hopefully his inflated ego will continue to keep him away. 

13 minutes ago, briddj said:

As a devotee of indie landfill, wonder what the chances are that Catfish would head the Other? 

Catfish's last appearance at Glastonbury dates back to 2016 so in 2024 it will be 8 years which is huge for a UK group of this size. Depending the project behind this come back : will they try to get back on their feet despite the 2 departures with a true project ?

7 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

They ‘broke up’ in ‘22 and are now back with a different lineup other than Van I believe. Think this will just be a tour of them reeling off the old stuff, but a new album may well be in the works. 

Gerry was apparently approached to play Glastonbury in 2020 I think and turned it down as he wanted a bigger slot than they offered so hopefully his inflated ego will continue to keep him away. 

Only thing to that is Catfish headlined Reading in 2021 off The Balance. Would they really be booked again in 2024 without any new material? 

I mean it's obviously possible but considering they have been effectively dormant since the pandemic, bar fulfilling a couple of gigs like Reading, who knows. 

Edited by briddj

7 minutes ago, ThomasPh said:

Catfish's last appearance at Glastonbury dates back to 2016 so in 2024 it will be 8 years which is huge for a UK group of this size. Depending the project behind this come back : will they try to get back on their feet despite the 2 departures with a true project ?

This is so out of the blue it's impossible to guess. 

It's 10 years since the debut album next year so they could be creaming that but it's a odd one to get Reading off. It's not Definitely Maybe. 

12 minutes ago, briddj said:

It's 10 years since the debut album next year so they could be creaming that but it's a odd one to get Reading off. It's not Definitely Maybe. 

I can't believe that McCann hasn't done anything new in all this time. We will probably know more in the press soon.

In any case the counters on social networks are going crazy regarding their return.