Copenhell 2024

SweetJesus

COPENHELL 2024: FIRST BANDS ON THE POSTER 

The first 22 bands are ready for the COPENHELL 2024 festival poster: DROPKICK MURPHYS, MACHINE HEAD, DIE KRUPPS, HIGH ON FIRE, MADBALL, HARDY, SHADOW OF INTENT, KHEMMIS, FU MANCHU, LACK, 1349, HEXIS, ZULU, NAKKEKNAEKKER, ENFORCED, JUNGLE ROT, PLAGUEMACE, SANGUISUGABOGG, INSANITY ALERT, KNIFE, DVNE and MAKE THEM SUFFER. The festival takes place on June 19-22, 2024 – ticket sales will open via Ticketmaster on October 6 at 10:00.

• Upvote 1

looks ok for first names without headliners, would like to see Die Krupps, Dropkick Murphys for the second time, Fu Manchu, Machine Head and Zulu. wonder who will be added and who might be the headliners.

I already have tickets for Metallica on 14 & 16.6 and thinking to stay longer for Copenhell as well but still needs to search for partners and check prices so not sure it will happen. would appreciate if you'll write all comes in mind about the festival as it's less known for me as compare to Graspop or Hellfest - general vibes, how crowded is it, stages and how far are from each other, food & drinks and prices, transportation since I'm not that into camping and anything else you can think of. 

also would like to ask if ticketmaster DK gives option to resale tickets (both for Metallica and the festival) or if there is any resale platform in case plans will change but hopefully it won't.

tnx

On 10/4/2023 at 10:01 AM, amfest12 said:

looks ok for first names without headliners, would like to see Die Krupps, Dropkick Murphys for the second time, Fu Manchu, Machine Head and Zulu. wonder who will be added and who might be the headliners.

I already have tickets for Metallica on 14 & 16.6 and thinking to stay longer for Copenhell as well but still needs to search for partners and check prices so not sure it will happen. would appreciate if you'll write all comes in mind about the festival as it's less known for me as compare to Graspop or Hellfest - general vibes, how crowded is it, stages and how far are from each other, food & drinks and prices, transportation since I'm not that into camping and anything else you can think of. 

also would like to ask if ticketmaster DK gives option to resale tickets (both for Metallica and the festival) or if there is any resale platform in case plans will change but hopefully it won't.

tnx

Whilst I haven't been to Graspop or Hellfest; I have been to Copenhell loads so can answer some Qs! 😁

• Roughly 35 to 40k capacity; but the only times ive experienced a big crowd blockage is getting in on the first day and when right at the very front of the main stage. People tend to circulate alot and there are multiple routes between the different areas.

• 4 Stages; all outdoors. If it rains, definetly bring a rain jacket as not many indoor places to go to.
  • Main and 2nd are next to each other and alternate acts with roughly 5 to 10 min change over. 2nd stage headliner plays after mainstage headliner.
  • 3rd and 4th stages are not far away; can easily get from the edge of the main stages to 3rd in under 5 mins and 4th in under 10 mins. Ive never experienced any issues getting between the stages.
  • Bands usually play 50 mins to an hour minimum.
  • Main and 2nd usually have 3 or 4 bands during the day
  • 3rd and 4th usually have 5 or 6 during the day.

• Location is an old shipping yard; so mostly concrete floors and dirt. There is a huge grass hill at the back of the main and 2nd stages you can sit on and watch bands with an amazing view.
  • Because of the location; getting to and from the festival from central is a bit of a pain; only access is via a single road or a ferry. The ferry is always packed so I wouldn't recommend that way. The bus is also always packed. Most people end up cycling to and from the festival; I live just north of central and takes me roughly 25 mins each way. There is sometimes a big blockage of cyclists getting to and from the festival but Danes are very efficient people so don't often have to wait for long.

• Judging by Hellfest pictures; its similar in that there is alot of gothic and heavy metal decorations around the festival.

• Crowd is pretty welcoming and very chill. They only get rowdy at the very front. Mostly from Nordic countries but some come up from Germany.
  • Crowd will also turn-up to everything. Ive seen bands open the festival at 1pm get huge crowds simply because people are excited that the festival has started.

• So many bars and food stalls; I think longest i've had to queue was 5 minutes.

• Lineup is a bit of a hybrid of Download and Bloodstock. Plus lots of local Nordic bands who sometimes get given huge slots. For example; Copenhagen band Baest subbing mainstage whilst Korn were 3rd on mainstage.

Happy to answer any other Qs! 😄 

Wide angle view from the top of the hill during Motley Crue last year. You can see the 2nd stage just below the festival's iconic wolf painting. 🙂 

No photo description available.

Edited by FrogLobster
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Thank you so much!! really helpful with a lot of information.
regarding transportaion notes, do you think I might consider search accommodation outside the center for festival days? I'm not quite a cycler 😄 but also never been there. and do you know if tickets price usually increase after few months or remains the same and if it should be possible to resale?

from this great photo and other photos and videos I've seen it looks like a really nice and fun festival.
I also never been to Graspop and Hellfest, was at Rock Im Park and few more mainstream festivals but seems it will be difficult to convice friends who were there to try bit smaller festival but I will try as I heard good things about Copenhagen so hope to get there. 

big thanks again

Tickets available - 2755 for combi ticket, 3855 for RIP ticket 

found on web it's written "festival guests with a R.I.P. wristband will get access to a podium deck with limited access on the embankment at the end of the Hades stage area" is it something worth considering and do you know anything about RIP area? tnx

11 hours ago, amfest12 said:

Thank you so much!! really helpful with a lot of information.
regarding transportaion notes, do you think I might consider search accommodation outside the center for festival days? I'm not quite a cycler 😄 but also never been there. and do you know if tickets price usually increase after few months or remains the same and if it should be possible to resale?

from this great photo and other photos and videos I've seen it looks like a really nice and fun festival.
I also never been to Graspop and Hellfest, was at Rock Im Park and few more mainstream festivals but seems it will be difficult to convice friends who were there to try bit smaller festival but I will try as I heard good things about Copenhagen so hope to get there. 

big thanks again

The main issue is that the festival is on a pretty isolated bit of land with one main road/path connecting it to central. And there isn't really any hotels in the area to stay at. All the bands end up staying in hotels in central so lots of tour buses going to and from the site. One of the downsides of the cities' canal-based foundation. 🤣

Below is a very crude map I just drew over:

• Orange: Festival Grounds
  • Red: Main congestion area
  • Purple: route from the festival to central by foot/bike/etc.

If you aren't a cycler then your options are:

• Bus: Hotel in central and then get 30 min bus to and from. IIRC, they run all night because of the festival. Only downside is coming back will probably be a huge queue.
  • Walk: Hotel in central and then walk about 50 mins and 4km. Nice scenery but not ideal after being at a festival all day and some of the route is not well lit. 🤣
  • Luck out with an AirBNB: That red circled area has alot of student accomodation so potential to get an AirBNB in the area. Your best bet is to book sooner rather than later. You could also get a place somewhere near Christianshavn (Next to Freetown Christiania) and then it should be a direct bus. And visiting the Freetown is always an 'experience'. 😆

Love the festival but getting to and from it is such a pain every day. 😆 There is camping on site but i've never done it so can't vouch. I think they might be relocating it to a new location in next few years because the government has some building plans for the old dockyard to turn it into apartments.

image.thumb.png.a9dd53bb8bb6f7db328e137379bc9b09.png

And definetly one benefit of Copenhell is that its on the smaller side compared to the likes of Rock Am Ring, Download, etc. 40k is enough to not get too swallowed in huge crowds but still have huge headliners like Guns N Roses, Slipknot, Metallica, Tool, Def Leppard, etc play! As long as you can stomach the insane Copenhagen prices for everything; one of the most expensive cities in the world!

The festival do a pretty cool compilation video every year so you can see the general vibe and activities happening. There is also an area where you can go smash up an old car with metal baseball bats. Right before Slipknot last year I stumbled upon some nude hot tubs that were casually in the corner of the festival. 🤣

31 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

Tickets available - 2755 for combi ticket, 3855 for RIP ticket 

found on web it's written "festival guests with a R.I.P. wristband will get access to a podium deck with limited access on the embankment at the end of the Hades stage area" is it something worth considering and do you know anything about RIP area? tnx

I did VIP/RIP the first year I went and I didn't think it was worth it. The price gets you:

• Exclusive T-shirt and Lanyard
  • Private area with special bars, food (have to pay for these but almost no queues) and some comfy seating like hammocks.
  • Viewing platform of the 3rd stage (Although its at the very back)
  • Viewing platform at the back of the 2nd stage, but I always found this super packed and hard to get onto for main acts.

At an extra 1000 dkk; probably better to save the money for drinks/food. Bar queues are usually very quick in the main areas anyway. The base ticket is already fairly expensive to a non-local salary. 😄 But the hammocks were great to chill in when there is a gap in bands!

Edited by FrogLobster
  • Thanks 2

wow thank you so much again!

Yes, by searching for rooms in city center on Booking I realize how expensinve is it and didn't find other alternatives but will search for rooms around Christianshavn. 
I didn't do VIP on any other festival I've been too but in some there was a ring on half of the front of main stage saved for VIP but I understand it's not the case in Copenhell so probably can do regular ticket.
You mentioned on previous note about lack of indoor places so wonder if it's heavy raining or very hot will it be a problem to find a place to hide or chill for a bit if not on RIP area?

asking again if you have any idea if tickets price usually increase after a while or remains the same?
If I remember correctly it wasn't sellout quickly previously so might have time to think and purchase
but if price will increase maybe better to get it now. 

tnx!

Edited by amfest12

370€ for festival ticket. Huh pretty expensive. Nova Rock is 200+€, Graspop 300€. 

Went to Copenhagen this year in May for 3 days + day in Malmo and it was amazing. Fell in love with both cities, especially Copenhagen. If I come back again, I’ll be definitively go to Copenhell. But first, I need to save money because Copenhagen is f*ckin expensive for poor Croatians. 

@FrogLobster thanks for all your informations. 

39 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

wow thank you so much again!

Yes, by searching for rooms in city center on Booking I realize how expensinve is it and didn't find other alternatives but will search for rooms around Christianshavn. 
I didn't do VIP on any other festival I've been too but in some there was a ring on half of the front of main stage saved for VIP but I understand it's not the case in Copenhell so probably can do regular ticket.
You mentioned on previous note about lack of indoor places so wonder if it's heavy raining or very hot will it be a problem to find a place to hide or chill for a bit if not on RIP area?

asking again if you have any idea if tickets price usually increase after a while or remains the same?
If I remember correctly it wasn't sellout quickly previously so might have time to think and purchase
but if price will increase maybe better to get it now. 

tnx!

Copenhell doesn't have a golden circle/VIP ring for any stage. Just a partition barrier to keep the crowd not too crushed and you can easily slide around it to get to the front.

I don't think i've ever seen a price increase happen throughout the year, in previous years.
Last year the day tickets sold out first (Especially when GNR was announced last year) and then weekends much later. No headliners announced yet so probably not going to sell out until they are revealed.

28 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

370€ for festival ticket. Huh pretty expensive. Nova Rock is 200+€, Graspop 300€. 

Went to Copenhagen this year in May for 3 days + day in Malmo and it was amazing. Fell in love with both cities, especially Copenhagen. If I come back again, I’ll be definitively go to Copenhell. But first, I need to save money because Copenhagen is f*ckin expensive for poor Croatians. 

@FrogLobster thanks for all your informations. 

Yep, its definetly on the pricier side compared to alternatives; but thats the nature of the country and a price bump when it shifted from 3 days to 4. The locals dont mind the price due to Danish salary brackets are constantly adjusted to match the cost of living over the years!

I first moved here 5 years ago (From England) and nearly had a panic attack when I did the first food shop. 🤣

I have some friends that instead go to Sweden Rock Festival in southern Sweden (3ish hours by train from Copenhagen) as more stages and they like festival camping and I think its a bit cheaper. Mostly the same lineup but weights a bit more on old school rock bands rather than newer or more experimental acts (Who I am more interested in seeing). I haven't been but heard its a good alternative. Just in the middle of nowhere so its camping or nothing. 😄

Edited by FrogLobster

Thanks!

I acctually booked a room with cancallation option in Malmo for two gap days between Metallica and Copenhell. 
wonder if there will be some gigs there too but might be nice to visit there as well and around 10 days in Copenhagen might be too much, yet it's only two full days so probably won't travel that far. 

so lineup.. what do you think of first names and who you do think or wish might be added as headliner and rest of the lineup? 
personally hope AC/DC and RATM will tour in Europe next year but if so
I believe they won't do too many festivals.
If Faith No More will be back it will be amazing and also really want to see Baroness, Katatonia, Living Colour, Pain and W.A.S.P. 

Edited by amfest12

from AC/DC forum:

I just heard on a news clip covering the pop up bar in Indio that Power Trip will launch their "50th Anniversary Tour”

So announcement coming maybe this weekend, but if not, this month will happen for sure. But as you said, they won’t do many festivals, maybe Hellfest only?!

About RATM, 0,01% chance for them. If I remember correctly, they share a tour crew with Pearl Jam. And latest info from PJ forum is that they will go on another June/July tour in Europe. So RATM is ruled out, but I hope I’m wrong 😀

Edited by SweetJesus
  • Like 1

Im guessing Avenged Sevenfold are locked in. Then possibly Rammstein and Maiden if the Download rumours are to be true.

Also potential for Bring Me The Horizon (Who haven't played in Denmark since 2019 (Roskilde) and last headline show was 2016!). 

I could see them also dropping a sh*t ton of money on someone like AC/DC and then pad the rest of the day with smaller bands to stretch the budget (Like Metallica in 2022 and Tool in 2019). But AC/DC could also just do stadiums and sell them out instantly.

Outside chance for someone like Green Day? TOOL again? Pearl Jam would be amazing but not sure if they'll ever play another festival in Denmark again after the Roskilde tragedy.

Edited by FrogLobster

• 3 weeks later...

COPENHELL 2024 TURNS UP THE HEAT IN HELL WITH 20 NEW BANDS

AVENGED SEVENFOLD, THE OFFSPRING, COREY TAYLOR, BRUCE DICKINSON, THY ART IS MURDER, SLAUGHTER TO PREVAIL, BIOHAZARD, CRADLE OF FILTH, HAMMERFALL, KARNIVOOL, ASINHELL,CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, DYING FETUS, HARMS WAY, MIMI BARKS, JOHN CXNNOR, CRYPTA, EXCEL, J.J. & THE A’S and ESCUELA GRIND will join next year’s festival.

1 minute ago, SweetJesus said:

COPENHELL 2024 TURNS UP THE HEAT IN HELL WITH 20 NEW BANDS

AVENGED SEVENFOLD, THE OFFSPRING, COREY TAYLOR, BRUCE DICKINSON, THY ART IS MURDER, SLAUGHTER TO PREVAIL, BIOHAZARD, CRADLE OF FILTH, HAMMERFALL, KARNIVOOL, ASINHELL,CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, DYING FETUS, HARMS WAY, MIMI BARKS, JOHN CXNNOR, CRYPTA, EXCEL, J.J. & THE A’S and ESCUELA GRIND will join next year’s festival.

First festival confirmed for Avenged Sevenfold in Europe then. Slaughter To Prevail finally back for a real Euro tour? Many names we would see at Graspop and Hellfest then.

some pretty good names. not a fan of Avenged Sevenfold but might be fun for a festival and not sure how Bruce Dicikinson live solo but also might be good. happy with The Offspring, Corey Taylor, Hammerfall, Biohazard, Karnivool and Corrosion of Conformity. 

when usually day splits is announced?

(can't login the account I reply here above amfest12)

9 hours ago, avmad25 said:

when usually day splits is announced?

6 hours ago, Archi said:

Their website says 19.06 but it's the first day of the festival so not 100% sure they gonna play that day.

Just saw that day splits already updated on app. A7X, Bruce Dickinson, The Offspring and Corey Taylor playing the first day

• Upvote 1