Rock for People 2024

Flick22

1 hour ago, Rusty Spoon said:

FB_IMG_1716479703838.thumb.jpg.2d5c9749a8427576b52ae7d7f4bf1e1e.jpg

Bad Omens cancelling all their summer shows so imagine there'll be a last minute replacement. 

Electric Callboy or Beartooth would do me although not sure how realistic either are.

EC are already playing at Masters of Rock, so they might have an exclusivity in CZ.

Beartooth might have RaR/RiP exclusivity and they are not that big here.

On 5/22/2024 at 9:21 PM, Newjem said:

Wednesday: Enter Shikari / Hanabie.

Thursday: Against The Current / Neck Deep

Friday: BMTH / Avril / Brutalismus 3k / Dead Pony

Saturday: Pendulum / secret set 👀

Any guesses on who the secret set is? 

I have been to RfP a few times and found it to be one of the best festivals in the EU in terms of atmosphere. I was disappointed with this year's headliners and decided to plan another trip for the same dates. But now, as most festivals are announcing their lineups, I feel like I made a mistake. The lineup for RfP still seems to be one of the best for me. Maybe next time. 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, samtfp12 said:

Any guesses on who the secret set is? 

No idea, could be literally anyone but most likely it's a local act or one of the RfP favourites (someone like Leoniden, Palaye Royale or The Hara).

Hi all,

Travelling from UK, second time I'm coming over so I am okay with how to get to site. My question is about getting home. Unfortunately we need to be back in the UK on the Saturday evening so have booked return flights from Prague on the Saturday morning. We are struggling to find any transport options from the festival site to Hradec Kralove main station in the early hours of Saturday morning,. How available are taxis, shuttles, Bolts etc at 6am ish?

thanks

3 hours ago, kjvffm said:

Hi all,

Travelling from UK, second time I'm coming over so I am okay with how to get to site. My question is about getting home. Unfortunately we need to be back in the UK on the Saturday evening so have booked return flights from Prague on the Saturday morning. We are struggling to find any transport options from the festival site to Hradec Kralove main station in the early hours of Saturday morning,. How available are taxis, shuttles, Bolts etc at 6am ish?

thanks

There are no shuttle buses that early in the morning. Don't know what the availability of taxis and Bolts is on weekend mornings in Hradec but theoretically there should be at least one Bolt driver active. Maybe ask at the taxi point or infocentre when you arrive at the festival site, they will gladly help you. And even if that fails (and you don't mind a little bit of walking), you can take a bus (line number 15) from Letiště bus stop. It leaves at 5:43 or 6:45 on Saturdays and takes 15 minutes to the main station. But don't forget to buy a ticket, there are several options.

Edited by Newjem
  • Like 1

Taxis should be available all night at fixed prices, not sure about their availability early morning though. Bolt should work but Hradec is a quite small town so I am not sure how many drivers will be around. If you wish to be on a safe side I would ask one of the cab drivers and agree the ride a day ahead.

Public bus is also an option, guys at info desk should be able to help as well.

Another option to consider - take a cab to Pardubice after the programme is over on Fri night and go by train to Prague from there. There are a few night trains options. Taxis should be defo available after 3am

• Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 5:15 PM, samtfp12 said:

Wondering if there are any local weather forecasts starting to show what the weather will be like for the festival?

It's a bit early for that. I'd wait till next week to get a solid forecast...

24 minutes ago, samtfp12 said:

What is the best way to get to the festival from Prague? Is it via train? Where should I book these tickets? 

There are direct trains every 2 hours from the main station. The best way to get tickets is through Czech Railways app where you can get 30% discount if you buy a ticket for both the outward and return journey. Note that if you plan to travel back to Prague on Sunday morning, the trains can be very busy and you might end up standing all the way to Prague.

You can also take a bus - FlixBus from Florenc station (bit expensive) or other bus operators from Černý Most station. You can find connections and buy tickets on IDOS.

Just to add up to previous very comprehensive answer from @Newjem - bus is a fastest way to get from PRG to Hradec. The faster trains go through Pardubice so you need to transfer once, the direct train are slower options as this is not the main train route. Both buses and trains go to the main station terminal at Hradec.

Anyway, transit to/from Prg is super easy. 

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Any rumours in the Bad Omens slot? A band who have a free schedule from Nova Rock or Download seems most obvious. 

I wouldn't have massive expectations. It's a very short timeframe and bands routing is very often already locked in. Do we know what other festivals have announced as replacement? Afaik, Hellfest got Landmvrks.

1 hour ago, Ferda said:

I wouldn't have massive expectations. It's a very short timeframe and bands routing is very often already locked in. Do we know what other festivals have announced as replacement? Afaik, Hellfest got Landmvrks.

Not got a clue. They'll have to add someone though I'm sure as it's ending the stage very early otherwise. I wouldn't be shocked if someone like Enter Shikari is moved up and a smaller band takes their slot.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Not got a clue. They'll have to add someone though I'm sure as it's ending the stage very early otherwise. I wouldn't be shocked if someone like Enter Shikari is moved up and a smaller band takes their slot.

Download have announced Funeral for a Friend. Could be them! 

3 hours ago, samtfp12 said:

Download have announced Funeral for a Friend. Could be them! 

They played in Prague last time in 2013 and they couldn't sell out a 180 cap.

Edited by Sugar Cane

On 5/31/2024 at 9:10 AM, Rusty Spoon said:

Any rumours in the Bad Omens slot? A band who have a free schedule from Nova Rock or Download seems most obvious. 

I'm assuming that they may bump someone like Enter Shikari to play in Bad Omens' time slot and then get a smaller/more local band to come in as a replacement earlier in the day?

Bad Omens replacement so far:
RaR + RiP - I believe they just moved the slots?

Download - Funeral For a Friend
Hellfest - Landmvrks

Provinssi - TesseracT

I see Palaye Royale available on June 12, maybe it could be them?

Also could be a bigger local act, since covid I've heard that sometimes you have to book 2 years in advance.

Edited by Sugar Cane