Glasto Ticket Sale Group

deadponyclub

15 minutes ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

Great work and I'm very tempted to join in as it'll only be the two of us trying for tickets on the big day. 

Can I ask, has the importance of not being part of another group been reiterated? This is a bigger issue for me than trusting someone from a  financial point of view. The thought of the purchase being blocked because one registration had already been successful in another group fills me with a bit of dread. 

I've not seen it mentioned on this thread, but you are correct it needs flagging. Need to ensure people listed on the spreadsheet don't have their details being tried elsewhere!

This is a really important point.  Maybe someone who's seen the booking page more recently than me can clarify what would happen here:

Say you get through and enter the details for your group of 6, but person 3 in your group (for example) has managed to get a ticket in the last few minutes independently, so their reg is locked.  Would the buying page then highlight person 3 as an issue when you tried to proceed, or just block the whole group's transaction?

If it highlights person 3 as the issue, then presumably you could just delete out person 3 and proceed with the rest of the group? This would be the same if someone had entered their details incorrectly in the spreadsheet.

If it shuts out everyone, it's a bigger issue, so we would need to ask everyone to commit solely to this group (advantage, there are 40+ of us, so potentially bigger than other groups of friends etc.  If not, best bet is to go with the biggest group available to you).

Edited by prestonmanc
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

This is a really important point.  Maybe someone who's seen the booking page more recently than me can clarify what would happen here:

Say you get through and enter the details for your group of 6, but person 3 in your group (for example) has managed to get a ticket in the last few minutes independently, so their reg is locked.  Would the buying page then highlight person 3 as an issue when you tried to proceed, or just block the whole group's transaction?

If it highlights person 3 as the issue, then presumably you could just delete out person 3 and proceed with the rest of the group? This would be the same if someone had entered their details incorrectly in the spreadsheet.

If it shuts out everyone, it's a bigger issue, so we would need to ask everyone to commit solely to this group (advantage, there are 40+ of us, so potentially bigger than other groups of friends etc.  If not, best bet is to go with the biggest group available to you).

It highlights the person as an issue, and allows you to delete and proceed.

That's if it works, which it doesn't always, and if you've not missed out due to the extra 5-20 seconds taken (as well as deleting person 3, you'd need to move person 6 into the vacated space).

The rule of thumb is and has always been that double dipping outside of your set group is the worst possible crime, and in most groups anyone who does it finds themselves permanently excluded.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, incident said:

That's if it works, which it doesn't always, and if you've not missed out due to the extra 5-20 seconds taken (as well as deleting person 3, you'd need to move person 6 into the vacated space).

The rule of thumb is and has always been that double dipping outside of your set group is the worst possible crime, and in most groups anyone who does it finds themselves permanently excluded.

+1 👍

Understood.  Let's be clear then - if joining multiple groups can harm this group's chances then it's a no-go.  If you're joining this group, either get your other mates to join too (best of both worlds), or choose one group only and stick with that.

I'll add a note on the spreadsheet for clarity and will post to the WhatsApp too.

Thanks for raising!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, 1049Gotho said:

I want to add my wife & I to this group. I noticed there isn't a Manchester return option, but the single price is the same as the return. Does that need to be changed? Will add us on, hopefully more Manchester people will follow 

Yep, good spot - should have read Manchester RETURN (there isn't a single option from Manchester).  I've corrected this now, so should be good to add your details in.

If you've thinking of getting involved with this group, I'm going to lock the spreadsheet in advance of the coach sale, so please add your details this week.

If you have already added your details, please fill in any gaps and check your details before the weekend.  I'll send out access details via email and WhatsApp once the spreadsheet is locked - you can DM  me here in case of any problems.

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2023 at 10:55 AM, prestonmanc said:

If you've thinking of getting involved with this group, I'm going to lock the spreadsheet in advance of the coach sale, so please add your details this week.

If you have already added your details, please fill in any gaps and check your details before the weekend.  I'll send out access details via email and WhatsApp once the spreadsheet is locked - you can DM  me here in case of any problems.

Thanks for setting this up. I'm also hoping to join a group, just checking with others in my circle as to whether they want to join too but should know by Friday hopefully !

On 10/13/2023 at 11:23 AM, incident said:

So to clarify, if me and my friend joined this, it would be pretty s****y to have any of our friends/family trying for us as well, because that could mess up the group we're in on here? I always assumed it would just process the payment for whichever refs it could.

We aren't currently in a group but I will hold off signing up if that is the case because don't want to potentially ruin anyone elses weekend (month, year?) by not getting tickets.

I take it the previous thread/spreadsheet isn't active anymore and this is the new one? I came on looking for it today that's all.

13 minutes ago, AAlex said:

So to clarify, if me and my friend joined this, it would be pretty s****y to have any of our friends/family trying for us as well, because that could mess up the group we're in on here? I always assumed it would just process the payment for whichever refs it could.

We aren't currently in a group but I will hold off signing up if that is the case because don't want to potentially ruin anyone elses weekend (month, year?) by not getting tickets.

I take it the previous thread/spreadsheet isn't active anymore and this is the new one? I came on looking for it today that's all.

Not sure when you last posted but the pre Covid one is locked and this is the only one existing now . You can have people helping from outside but they must be helping entire group if you are paired with others on here . You must also be prepared to help all the other groups on here and hopefully your friends would too , that’s how these groups are successful it’s the filtering down of numbers so hopefully in the end everyone tries and gets the last remaining group . So do not mix groups from people not listed 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AAlex said:

So to clarify, if me and my friend joined this, it would be pretty s****y to have any of our friends/family trying for us as well, because that could mess up the group we're in on here?

Yes, very much so, unless they were also trying for everyone else in your defined group of 6.

For most groups, it's one of the core unbreakable rules. Certainly where I am, doing so would make you wildly unpopular and there'd be a discussion about excluding you from future sales (with the final decision being case by case of course). Thankfully we've only ever had it happen once, a few years ago, and that person didn't come back the following year so we've never had to make the call to officially say "f**k off".

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not sure when you last posted but the pre Covid one is locked and this is the only one existing now . You can have people helping from outside but they must be helping entire group if you are paired with others on here . You must also be prepared to help all the other groups on here and hopefully your friends would too , that’s how these groups are successful it’s the filtering down of numbers so hopefully in the end everyone tries and gets the last remaining group . So do not mix groups from people not listed 

It’s been a while but yeah that’s probably what I was talking about, and understood, im glad I read that because I would’ve had someone in a group of 4 I know try for me and my friend, be in a 6 on here and not think it would cause any issues, so when I say “hold off joining” I’ll make sure we are able to completely  commit to a six on here before joining. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

Yes, very much so, unless they were also trying for everyone else in your defined group of 6.

For most groups, it's one of the core unbreakable rules. Certainly where I am, doing so would make you wildly unpopular and there'd be a discussion about excluding you from future sales (with the final decision being case by case of course). Thankfully we've only ever had it happen once, a few years ago, and that person didn't come back the following year so we've never had to make the call to officially say "f**k off".

Oh absolutely if I missed out because I had to go back and remove people who’d sorted it externally and not told anyone that person would certainly make ‘the list’, now I know that is what happens I’ll only join up if I’m 100% sure know one else is trying just for us 

@prestonmanc I've just put me and my friend in Group 10 and filled out the contact info so that groups now full, I've made sure we aren't going to be in external groups before signing up, and made him aware what issues that could cause if we did etc.

Thank you for organising

Edited by AAlex
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

Just to confirm this group is now full up and the link has been taken down as we approach the coach sale on Tuesday (sorry if you were still looking to join).  For those who have joined, if you are having any problems accessing just DM me with your details and I'll get back in touch.

Thursday coach sale ? ☺️

1 hour ago, prestonmanc said:

Just to confirm this group is now full up and the link has been taken down as we approach the coach sale on Tuesday (sorry if you were still looking to join).  For those who have joined, if you are having any problems accessing just DM me with your details and I'll get back in touch.

Hi there, I was hoping to join but waiting to hear back from friends. If we had a group of 6, is there any chance you could reopen the link please?