Glasto Ticket Sale Group

deadponyclub

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Last year there were 5 individual spreadsheets …. But I don’t know what the status of each of those is now .

Group 5 from last year is active, but pretty full at the moment from last year's participants.
Once the official details of the sale are announced, I think we'll size up exactly how many groups we have and post back here with any opening.

Of course, anyone is welcome to start a Group 6 😊

5 hours ago, Mike A said:

Group 5 from last year is active, but pretty full at the moment from last year's participants.
Once the official details of the sale are announced, I think we'll size up exactly how many groups we have and post back here with any opening.

Of course, anyone is welcome to start a Group 6 😊

Group 6 sounds tempting!

I've not been a part of efests ticket group as such, but people can join our group (or vise versa)

I'll be in a group of 3 (possibly 4? will find out soon) to try for normal tickets

we've been sucessful about 50% over the years

but if we create a 'group of groups' we can then try for others if we're sucessful

Edited by bob323

18 hours ago, bob323 said:

I've not been a part of efests ticket group as such, but people can join our group (or vise versa)

I'll be in a group of 3 (possibly 4? will find out soon) to try for normal tickets

we've been sucessful about 50% over the years

but if we create a 'group of groups' we can then try for others if we're sucessful

Our two would compliment your 4 nicely.

37 minutes ago, j0anna_ said:

I'm in a group of 5. Is the success rate within a group of groups much higher I assume? How can we get on an existing group of groups or is creating one at this point the only way? 

Can be much higher if a few groups get tickets in the first minute or so, it’s like dominoes then until you’ve got 50+ people with tickets secured trying to get the last 6 tickets for the final group. Your odds can quickly skyrocket

On 9/29/2023 at 10:42 AM, nicknoxx said:

Our two would compliment your 4 nicely.

I just found out we're a team of 4 so yes you can join us, one of the question to be checked is that do you have enough temporary cash to pay all the x6 deposits?

each of us four will have, and if sucessful we can do a bank transfer immediatly. we sometimes do a voice call as well.

I'm happy to team up with another group to help out (or vise versa) if we get tickets - as Crazyfool mentioned, it can be a pain so ideally only the team lead needs to 'own' their group

and the issue of trust, some people won't have the money to cover other groups deposits so trusting people with your cards would have to be possibly answered

It looks like we're a group of 2 this year, so I'd be keen to join up with others to tip the odds in our collective favours.  I'm happy to put a google sheet together to collate everyone's info as others have done - as pointed out above, the more people get involved, the greater the domino effect can be and if we all help each other out, the better chances for all of us.

My question would be how would people prefer this to work (either from past experience or personal preference)?  My thoughts would be:

Everyone split into groups of 6 as far as possible

Anyone who gets though buys for all 6 in the group (requires 6 x £75 funds or credit card)

Move on to other groups once own group secured

Thoughts welcome. or am happy to step back if any seasoned pros want to take the lead!

2 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

It looks like we're a group of 2 this year, so I'd be keen to join up with others to tip the odds in our collective favours.  I'm happy to put a google sheet together to collate everyone's info as others have done - as pointed out above, the more people get involved, the greater the domino effect can be and if we all help each other out, the better chances for all of us.

My question would be how would people prefer this to work (either from past experience or personal preference)?  My thoughts would be:

Everyone split into groups of 6 as far as possible

Anyone who gets though buys for all 6 in the group (requires 6 x £75 funds or credit card)

Move on to other groups once own group secured

Thoughts welcome. or am happy to step back if any seasoned pros want to take the lead!

don't forget bus sale ....so everyone helps in that .... that reduces numbers down and then those with success help in main sale . once a group is successful they move to the next group down the spreadsheet . The easiest thing is that anyone who gets in pays for entire group and money sorted post sale ....

Fair shout @Crazyfool01.  The logistics of a coach sale spreadsheet look more complicated (all group on same coach, additional under 12s tickets etc.), but I've had a stab...

This Google sheet is a first attempt to cover off both sales in one collective spreadsheet (one tab for each sale) attempting to cover everyone's ticket requirements (other than water bottles 😂).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zwx6G6Fz7hfCrTUbaiWsnOIiQNhywlhqSFQpRPbivL4/edit?usp=sharing

Any thoughts or feedback welcome.  If people feel this would be a good way of pooling our resources for the two ticket sales, I'm happy to put some work into fine tuning.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

Fair shout @Crazyfool01.  The logistics of a coach sale spreadsheet look more complicated (all group on same coach, additional under 12s tickets etc.), but I've had a stab...

This Google sheet is a first attempt to cover off both sales in one collective spreadsheet (one tab for each sale) attempting to cover everyone's ticket requirements (other than water bottles 😂).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zwx6G6Fz7hfCrTUbaiWsnOIiQNhywlhqSFQpRPbivL4/edit?usp=sharing

Any thoughts or feedback welcome.  If people feel this would be a good way of pooling our resources for the two ticket sales, I'm happy to put some work into fine tuning.

looks great and thanks for putting the effort in to organise, can I join your group 1 for the main sale?

2 hours ago, prestonmanc said:

it looks good - would it be possible to lock your teams details or the sheet down a little?

just concerned that having a completely open (to the internet) and fully editable spreadsheet may go wrong?

Just now, bob323 said:

it looks good - would it be possible to lock your teams details or the sheet down a little?

just concerned that having a completely open (to the internet) and fully editable spreadsheet may go wrong?

yeah definately this .... we connected via watts app. and had a few admins turning it green during sale 

Yeah, was thinking there's probably a need for a cut off before locking the spreadsheet and having limited access to make changes on ticket day as @Crazyfool01 suggests.

I could add an extra tab to collect email addresses, then grant those addresses access once it's locked? (PLAN A)

Alternatively, if people think it needs to be more locked down as soon as details start to go in, an alternative would be to lock it now, ask for a few volunteers here to act as admins and then anyone who wants to be added would need to post their details on this thread (admins would then add to the spreadsheet.  I'll call this PLAN B.

Any preferences?  I'll leave it unlocked for now.