Glasto Ticket Sale Group

deadponyclub

2 hours ago, prestonmanc said:

Yeah, was thinking there's probably a need for a cut off before locking the spreadsheet and having limited access to make changes on ticket day as @Crazyfool01 suggests.

I could add an extra tab to collect email addresses, then grant those addresses access once it's locked? (PLAN A)

Alternatively, if people think it needs to be more locked down as soon as details start to go in, an alternative would be to lock it now, ask for a few volunteers here to act as admins and then anyone who wants to be added would need to post their details on this thread (admins would then add to the spreadsheet.  I'll call this PLAN B.

Any preferences?  I'll leave it unlocked for now.

I would say go with PLAN A, give people with specific email addresses access to edit

btw - many people (including myself) don't use whatsapp (aka facebook) for security or privacy reasons

a really good site I recommend and use occasionally to do video or just audio is:

meetme.bit.nl

no sign up, anyone can create a room, once you create a room you get a url/ short cut to enter the room - you can turn off the camera for audio only

Edited by bob323

31 minutes ago, bob323 said:

btw - many people (including myself) don't use whatsapp (aka facebook) for security or privacy reasons

a really good site I recommend and use occasionally to do video or just audio is:

meetme.bit.nl

no sign up, anyone can create a room, once you create a room you get a url/ short cut to enter the room - you can turn off the camera for audio only

or this site in english

https://meet.greenhost.net/

Ticket sale group spreadsheet ready to go

Right then, big thanks to everyone who's provided feedback either on this thread or via DMs on this topic.  General consensus seems to be the Google Sheet I shared does the job, and I've tweaked and simplified a few things today to make it work a bit better.  With that in mind, I think it's good to go.

Link is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zwx6G6Fz7hfCrTUbaiWsnOIiQNhywlhqSFQpRPbivL4/edit?usp=sharing

It covers coach and main sale.  There's a few points to note:

• You'll need to provide an email address so I can grant access to the sheet once it's locked nearer to ticket day.  This addresses the concerns of having an open link as some have expressed.  Email addresses will be removed once I've granted access.
  • You'll also need to provide contact info to arrange reimbursement for deposits (this could also be email / mobile / whatever).
  • Everything else should be self explanatory, but feedback is still very much welcome

Happy group building!

27 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

Ticket sale group spreadsheet ready to go

Right then, big thanks to everyone who's provided feedback either on this thread or via DMs on this topic.  General consensus seems to be the Google Sheet I shared does the job, and I've tweaked and simplified a few things today to make it work a bit better.  With that in mind, I think it's good to go.

Link is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zwx6G6Fz7hfCrTUbaiWsnOIiQNhywlhqSFQpRPbivL4/edit?usp=sharing

It covers coach and main sale.  There's a few points to note:

• You'll need to provide an email address so I can grant access to the sheet once it's locked nearer to ticket day.  This addresses the concerns of having an open link as some have expressed.  Email addresses will be removed once I've granted access.
  • You'll also need to provide contact info to arrange reimbursement for deposits (this could also be email / mobile / whatever).
  • Everything else should be self explanatory, but feedback is still very much welcome

Happy group building!

ok so our reason for having a. watts app group is that it brings people together and makes people want to help others within that group , ours was setup post covid and we have loads of efesters many of whom are mates and meet for gigs a few years on . it also makes things much quicker on the day as groups go green in real time people are able to move and help others rather than duplicate attempts at already purchased tickets . The watts app group went quiet during sale except to say Group A successful etc ... 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ok so our reason for having a. watts app group is that it brings people together and makes people want to help others within that group , ours was setup post covid and we have loads of efesters many of whom are mates and meet for gigs a few years on . it also makes things much quicker on the day as groups go green in real time people are able to move and help others rather than duplicate attempts at already purchased tickets . The watts app group went quiet during sale except to say Group A successful etc ... 

That sounds ideal, and also from your experience that people are willing to share phone numbers to be added to a WhatsApp for this purpose (something I wasn't sure about previously).

Taking on board bob's reluctance to use WhatsApp, I think more people would still be comfortable with WA than a less well known. alternative (sorry Bob), so I'll add this in to the setup for this and the explanatory notes in the spreadsheet.

Thanks @Crazyfool01

18 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

That sounds ideal, and also from your experience that people are willing to share phone numbers to be added to a WhatsApp for this purpose (something I wasn't sure about previously).

Taking on board bob's reluctance to use WhatsApp, I think more people would still be comfortable with WA than a less well known. alternative (sorry Bob), so I'll add this in to the setup for this and the explanatory notes in the spreadsheet.

Thanks @Crazyfool01

Yeah I think everyone was happy to share watts app details . If someone isn’t then maybe offer an alternative way of getting in touch … sms ? But the important thing is speed on the day . People can remove themselves after if they want and a few did but also helps in future years … as it’s all pre organised and people are mates 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prestonmanc said:

Thanks @Crazyfool01

how would the email access thing work?

jitsi is seriously easy to use!! no sign up, no mobile number and your straight in - granted anyone can join - so no authentcation eg via a phone number(but that can be good), it's worth using for other stuff https://meet.greenhost.net/ - create a room and share link

Edited by bob323

47 minutes ago, bob323 said:

how would the email access thing work?

jitsi is seriously easy to use!! no sign up, no mobile number and your straight in - granted anyone can join - so no authentcation eg via a phone number(but that can be good), it's worth using for other stuff https://meet.greenhost.net/ - create a room and share link

email access question - the spreadsheet itself will be locked in advance of the sale day, meaning no one else can add, edit or generally interact with the details in there.  The only people who will be able to access it will be those who have been pre-authorised via an email address they've provided.

This avoids the risk of loads of people piling in at the last minute on sale day, making changes and generally confusing the whole set up.  By the day itself, it's only the 'Tickets purchased?' column that should be seeing any action!

17 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

email access question - the spreadsheet itself will be locked in advance of the sale day, meaning no one else can add, edit or generally interact with the details in there.  The only people who will be able to access it will be those who have been pre-authorised via an email address they've provided.

This avoids the risk of loads of people piling in at the last minute on sale day, making changes and generally confusing the whole set up.  By the day itself, it's only the 'Tickets purchased?' column that should be seeing any action!

would there be a password emailed to the email address?

Edited by bob323

1 hour ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Hey guys, my wife and I would love to get involved in this. Do I just PM our details to you @prestonmanc?

Good to hear @Kaboom Boxer!  You should be able to add your details directly into the spreadsheet now:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zwx6G6Fz7hfCrTUbaiWsnOIiQNhywlhqSFQpRPbivL4/edit?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

Just a nudge to anyone who has added their name to the spreadsheet but not yet left and email or contact number - please do add this in as it's needed to grant you access to the spreadsheet on sale day and communicate via WhatsApp around coordination and payment.

If you don't want to add your details to a public spreadsheet, you can DM me instead.

For anyone else, there's still plenty of room to join both the coach sale and main sale if you're looking to get involved. The more of us there are to help each other out on sale day, the better each of our chances are!

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zwx6G6Fz7hfCrTUbaiWsnOIiQNhywlhqSFQpRPbivL4/edit#gid=0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prestonmanc said:

Great stuff!  We're up to 40 now, with 6 full groups of 6 already.

The WhatsApp is building nicely too for those yet to join, with some good tips shared already.  By coach sale day, we'll have a ticket buying force to be reckoned with (hopefully! 😆)

Great stuff … always handy to do a few icebreakers in there if you haven’t already . Fav photo of you at Glastonbury, simple intro thing . Just helps Instil some confidence in strangers … cos 3 weeks tomorow you’ll be helping each other 

• Like 1

Great work and I'm very tempted to join in as it'll only be the two of us trying for tickets on the big day. 

Can I ask, has the importance of not being part of another group been reiterated? This is a bigger issue for me than trusting someone from a  financial point of view. The thought of the purchase being blocked because one registration had already been successful in another group fills me with a bit of dread. 

• Like 1