Glastonbury Bags

TheNewUnion

Can anyone use any Glastonbury (Yeo Valley) bags. Just moved house and turns out we have about 15-20 of them from festivals 2008-2022 (ish) along with a couple of Guardian drawstring and backpack style bags.

I am loathed to throw them away so wondered if anyone can use them. I'd prefer someone to take the lot in one go and hopefully there's a creative project out there crying out for them.

First response in this thread gets them, though happy to split if the first comment says so, then 2nd comment gets the rest.

Cheers all

TNU 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Can anyone use any Glastonbury (Yeo Valley) bags. Just moved house and turns out we have about 15-20 of them from festivals 2008-2022 (ish) along with a couple of Guardian drawstring and backpack style bags.

I am loathed to throw them away so wondered if anyone can use them. I'd prefer someone to take the lot in one go and hopefully there's a creative project out there crying out for them.

First response in this thread gets them, though happy to split if the first comment says so, then 2nd comment gets the rest.

Cheers all

TNU 

I would love them. May too late

On 8/22/2023 at 8:09 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

think you've got them 🙂 I thought about it but think someone could do them more justice than me .... I saw an amazing design of a jacket I think on twitter 

I am currently making a prototype small festival brolly

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

Thank you so much thenewunion! Off to Bordeaux tomorrow and shade much needed!20230904_191621.thumb.jpg.be16dca3552439015c3852be5f9d0c1a.jpg

That's very nicely done - this would make it a parasol wouldn't it?  Perfect for a promenade down the sea front at your local festival pier.

I'm presuming that you repurposed an existing brolly, which alone would be a huge effort (with my lack of perceivable talent or ability).

Edited by clarkete

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

That's very nicely done - this would make it a parasol wouldn't it?  Perfect for a promenade down the sea front at your local festival pier.

I'm presuming that you repurposed an existing brolly, which alone would be a huge effort (with my lack of perceivable talent or ability).

I did this time. But now I have a template I can buy a small umbrella frame online . I have caught an umbrella bug.yes it is a parasol

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 7:22 PM, Mich1268 said:

Thank you so much thenewunion! Off to Bordeaux tomorrow and shade much needed!20230904_191621.thumb.jpg.be16dca3552439015c3852be5f9d0c1a.jpg

That's brilliant.

I've got a load of old Glastonbury tshirts that no longer fit after I've lost a ton of weight. I want to turn them in to cushion covers. Unfortunately I lack the knowledge, skill, temperament, or sewing machine to achieve this. The friend who'd said she would to do it for me has since moved to the wilds of Scotland. I don't think the two things were connected.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, philipsteak said:

That's brilliant.

I've got a load of old Glastonbury tshirts that no longer fit after I've lost a ton of weight. I want to turn them in to cushion covers. Unfortunately I lack the knowledge, skill, temperament, or sewing machine to achieve this. The friend who'd said she would to do it for me has since moved to the wilds of Scotland. I don't think the two things were connected.

Well, I am a rubbish sower. Reliant on you tube e and wiki.how. temperament is my main hurdle. Getting the job done. This took me probs in all 7 hours over a period of days and still some work to do on it. But I did enjoy the challenge

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

Well, I am a rubbish sower. Reliant on you tube e and wiki.how. temperament is my main hurdle. Getting the job done. This took me probs in all 7 hours over a period of days and still some work to do on it. But I did enjoy the challenge

Persevere. You never know - as Philip Treacy is to headwear, Mich1268 could be to parasols (and umbrellas!).. 

47 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

thing is im similar but its good to be able to step away at times when things aren't going quite right .... im often asked how long my hats take to make but I could never actually work it out .... a bit here and there and it all comes together .... this was my 2017 hat version .... and its pretty sh*t tbh but with tweaks things have got loads better . is getting challenging thinking of ways to upgrade now that's the only time ill stop 

IMG_3100.JPG

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

thing is im similar but its good to be able to step away at times when things aren't going quite right .... im often asked how long my hats take to make but I could never actually work it out .... a bit here and there and it all comes together .... this was my 2017 hat version .... and its pretty sh*t tbh but with tweaks things have got loads better . is getting challenging thinking of ways to upgrade now that's the only time ill stop 

IMG_3100.JPG

Keep going gives us joy!

• 4 weeks later...