Leeds veteran of yesteryears…

ThisgirlKim

Hello!

So I first when to Leeds when I was 16 back in 2002, like most got my gcse results there. Amazing. Then kept going for the next 8 years every year. Loved it. I’ve not been to Leeds since 2009 I think it was.

Long story short - I’ve got a ticket for this year and I’m going with my mate. (2x moms letting loose for a weekend, I’m 35 and my mate is 32) - are we going to look like the OAP’s of the festival. Lol Do any adults actually go anymore? I remember back in the day the line up used to attract a proper mixed bag of people but looking at it now it just looks like proper kids?! Does the festival still have the same vibe. 

Anyone else in their 30’s going? Are we all alone?!?! 

1 hour ago, ThisgirlKim said:

Ah amazing!  @andyrhodes24 nice to hear your still going. Where do you camp? I’ve got an eco camp pass this year as im hoping to be away from the carnage. Although i survived the riots from years ago! Which camps are generally a little quieter? 

We’ve generally moved towards quieter camp sites as the years have gone on, started in red, then green, brown and now the campervan field. Blue, yellow and red tend to be the louder ones, purple and orange somewhere in the middle

• 3 months later...

I went every year from 04 to 12. Then for one day in 2015. If the festival hadn't strayed so far musically from what it was I would still happily go now aged 38 but the lineups hold no appeal for me anymore. I also attend a lot more gigs now than I did in my twenties so festivals aren't as much of a focus for me as they used to be.

Edited by moz4pm

On 11/22/2023 at 6:55 PM, moz4pm said:

I went every year from 04 to 12. Then for one day in 2015. If the festival hadn't strayed so far musically from what it was I would still happily go now aged 38 but the lineups hold no appeal for me anymore. I also attend a lot more gigs now than I did in my twenties so festivals aren't as much of a focus for me as they used to be.

Same! The Line Ups just don't have any appeal anymore. It's understandable though, Slamdunk generally consolidated the Pop Punk, Ska and what previously was on the Concrete Jungle / Lock Up. They had to move with the times. That said, this years kick off line up is very strong! Lana will put on one hell of a show. 

• 2 weeks later...

Returning this year for the weekend but will opt for the quieter camps (no shame in that - I like my sleep nowadays).

I'm 32 but already started to feel old when I attended in my late 20s 😆 I find it the same as most UK festivals nowadays - you'll always have the idiots, but you'll also find like minded (and similar aged) people. 

It's up to you what you get out of it. If you're worried about certain atmospheres, avoid them. Likewise, if you see/meet people you like, make friends and stick with them 🥰 

• 4 months later...