Toilets

Flaminglippy

Loathe as I am to moan about the toilets at a festival...less than 25 'cubicle' ones by the main stage (plus two small blocks of urinals) at a festival with a 17.5k capacity is really poor...if the babby needs the loo we get 15 minutes notice if we are lucky. 

That and the 1.5 hour wait stuck in traffic to get in aside, great first night.

Just makes it very hard to sell coming again to my other half. 

On 8/17/2023 at 9:13 PM, Flaminglippy said:

Loathe as I am to moan about the toilets at a festival...less than 25 'cubicle' ones by the main stage (plus two small blocks of urinals) at a festival with a 17.5k capacity is really poor...if the babby needs the loo we get 15 minutes notice if we are lucky. 

That and the 1.5 hour wait stuck in traffic to get in aside, great first night.

Just makes it very hard to sell coming again to my other half. 

The queues for loos in areana and camping fields were bigger than ever before, bigger even that when half the loos were blocked.............

So they either had lots less loos or had increases capacity - and for us it lo0oked and felt busier with almost no space for camping after Friday 9am apart from Arena.

So had they upped capacity?

They were always rammed at the main stages. My daughters took to strolling over to the big top where the queues were much shorter and faster moving. 

Similar in the campervan fields. 10 in the corner were always busy but less than 1 minute walk round the corner there were more by redwoods gate with less queues 

It did feel busier this year, though that may have been the age groups, lots more 18- 20 something groups than the last few previous years 

45 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Toilets were an issue when I went in 2021........was looking to head back in 2024 but some of this is putting me off.

What's going wrong?

The toilets were clean, pretty much all the time, just nowhere near enough of them (20-25% less than previous years I guesstimate.

51 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The toilets were clean, pretty much all the time, just nowhere near enough of them (20-25% less than previous years I guesstimate.

I'd say that's about right. Also the urinals hidden behind portaloos at the main stage and the bimble probably didn't help the portaloo queues. Better signage needed 

I think there were urinals by every set of arena area (IE not campsite) apart from the ones by the helter skelter. Just not always obvious. I guess not every bloke in the queues needed to be there and could have used the other facilities provided. I suspect this is what has factored into the lessening of portaloos. As there were definitely more urinals than previous years

4 minutes ago, spg said:

I think there were urinals by every set of arena area (IE not campsite) apart from the ones by the helter skelter. Just not always obvious. I guess not every bloke in the queues needed to be there and could have used the other facilities provided. I suspect this is what has factored into the lessening of portaloos. As there were definitely more urinals than previous years

Couldn't see a urinal at the little big top. Only a couple minute stroll down to the bimble either way 

• 1 month later...

I think the loo provision at this festival is shocking.  Deer Shed has massive area of loos, about 60 loos in an area,  several of these.  A much smaller festival not treating it customers like gerbils.

bd made a big point of how Andy Loos were coming back in 23,  Thought this company must be the BMW of crapper provision, but We saw less loos everywhere in 23 than 22.  

In our campervan field I think it was 4 this year.  

FFS up the provision. even if this means putting ticket prices up. Whether it's £200 or £230 no one gives a damn.