Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

7 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

The emoji, the Sziget-sized gap in his schedule and a whole lot of wishful thinking 🥲

It was sent to the e-mail we purchased this year's tickets on

Ahhh oke thanks!!! 

Lets hope for skrillex, alhough im quite sure he will come, either with four tet or fred again or as his own act

5 minutes ago, festivv345 said:

Ahhh oke thanks!!! 

Lets hope for skrillex, alhough im quite sure he will come, either with four tet or fred again or as his own act

The fact that both Four Tet and Fred are playing makes it even more likely he is coming.

The two major ones for me are Fred and Skrillex, I listened to him since his first album and Quest for Fire might be his best ever album

So, with Good Friday two weeks tomorrow, they're surely not going to release that week or the following week are they?

So, it can only be next week, can't it? Because after that you're heading towards the middle of April and that must be too late, right? 

So, a week today is nailed on IMHO. 

54 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

So, with Good Friday two weeks tomorrow, they're surely not going to release that week or the following week are they?

So, it can only be next week, can't it? Because after that you're heading towards the middle of April and that must be too late, right? 

So, a week today is nailed on IMHO. 

Agreed. Absolutely nailed on for 21st March.

Possibly....🤣

Edited by billybigballs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iamdebrii said:

Take it with a pinch of salt but this was said on the Sziget Reddit: 

image.thumb.png.36cfffd4d3b54c549123ae0b338c47d7.png

AA+ headliners meaning...? 👀 

I do not know if Taylor Swift is doing any festivals, but she has a show on 3rd of August in Norway and 8th of August in Vienna ( one of the biggest city closest to Budapest). It means there is a chance she is the headliner of our first day( 7th of August). She does not have to travel a lot to Vienna next day. Do you think Sziget can afford her? According to google she charges for her shows more than like anyone in the world.

10 minutes ago, Geri17 said:

I do not know if Taylor Swift is doing any festivals, but she has a show on 3rd of August in Norway and 8th of August in Vienna ( one of the biggest city closest to Budapest). It means there is a chance she is the headliner of our first day( 7th of August). She does not have to travel a lot to Vienna next day. Do you think Sziget can afford her? According to google she charges for her shows more than like anyone in the world.

There's more chance of life being discovered on the moon this afternoon than there is of that happening I'm afraid.

She is AAAAA+

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

Who is playing large arenas/stadiums in Europe this summer that might not be announced for many/any festivals so far (excluding Coldplay, Adele and Taylor) that might be willing to add a night in Budapest?

Just now, So Sad Simon said:

Who is playing large arenas/stadiums in Europe this summer that might not be announced for many/any festivals so far (excluding Coldplay, Adele and Taylor) that might be willing to add a night in Budapest?

It's a major long shot but Drake did announce that he'll be touring Europe in 2024. Virtually impossible in my eyes but maybe could explain why Stormzy and Liam Gallagher (who I'll both be enjoying) were given headline slots? 

On that basis that nobody (other than Taylor, Adele and Coldplay) are ruled out:

AC/DC play Germany on August 4, Belgium on August 9 and France on August 13.

Green Day - in America during Sziget.

Pink plays Stockholm on July 25 and is then in America from 10 August.

The Killers play Mad Cool festival on 13 July before opening their Vegas residency on 14 August.

RHCP - Okay, not in Europe but tour in USA finishes 30 July with nothing after

Noah Kahan - Plays festival in USA  on 4 August before starting European tour on 13 August in UK

SZA - Dublin 3 July, Canada August 4 and nothing after.

Sure there's lots more too!

AA+ is not that great, right?

For the metrics I can see that AAA headliner is someone who is very famous like Imagine Dragons or Billie Eilish, while AA headliner is mediocre headliner who is able to headline but is not great, not terrible.

A headliner can be someone like a filler spot, not a headliner in its sense.

Or do you have different view?

2 minutes ago, lukatej said:

AA+ is not that great, right?

For the metrics I can see that AAA headliner is someone who is very famous like Imagine Dragons or Billie Eilish, while AA headliner is mediocre headliner who is able to headline but is not great, not terrible.

A headliner can be someone like a filler spot, not a headliner in its sense.

Or do you have different view?

I think it's viewed differently by different people. In UK, for example, in our academic qualifications, the highest possible mark is A+. Therefore, AA+ is typical hyperbole, but indicates a VERY high level act.

Which means we all get excited for The Killers and Red Hot Chili Peppers, despite knowing we're going to get Macklemore and Major Lazer!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

I'm not holding my breath for major names, but Sziget must be confident that whoever they are announcing will sell tickets if they're happy to keep delaying the announcement because of them.

1 hour ago, So Sad Simon said:

There is no official announcement yet but Drake and Bad Bunny should be touring in Europe this summer. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

23 minutes ago, Leorio_19 said:

There is no official announcement yet but Drake and Bad Bunny should be touring in Europe this summer. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

I could be very wrong but I think we're more likely to get rock and female headliners.

2 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

It's a major long shot but Drake did announce that he'll be touring Europe in 2024. Virtually impossible in my eyes but maybe could explain why Stormzy and Liam Gallagher (who I'll both be enjoying) were given headline slots? 

Why am I hearing Liam Gallagher a lot if he’s not been announced? Are there strong rumours? I’d love that, me and the wife are coming for the weekend with our 5 teenage kids and we all love Liam!