Latitude 2024

chrisplowman

Looks as if there's a fair few Glasto crossovers this year, will be good to see what to expect before the weekend 
By my estimations we're now full on the Obelisk on Friday and Sunday, potentially missing 1 act from Saturday but not sure if it'll only be 6 because of the 2 headliners 
In the tent  we're still missing an act on Friday and Sunday 
We also have the Alcove to be announced which is always good for new acts 

34 minutes ago, Peetle said:

Added most of the new ones to my playlist. We're in for a really bland weekend. They mostly sound the same. Ho hum.

Oh no, I was hoping it was just me and others could point me towards some good stuff 😕 It's beige AF right?

Having said that, Fat Dog are giving me NiN vibes which is no bad thing.

Still a slot missing in the tent on Sunday, maybe they might add a secret set in there? They do tend to do more secret sets as part of their late night lineups though so I'm not sure 

I still think I preferred last year's lineup overall but I'm still looking forward to it, it's always a fantastic weekend and I'm sure I'll see some amazing acts too, I'm especially excited for CMAT and Chic 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 8:44 PM, simonthecyclist said:

Whats happening late night??

Any ideas?

Usually announced close to the festival but probably all the usual late night stuff, they've been doing a lot more surprise guests doing DJ sets recently 

23 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Usually announced close to the festival but probably all the usual late night stuff, they've been doing a lot more surprise guests doing DJ sets recently 

Thanks Chappie - my first latitude after 10 years of Glastonbury - where the late night area can be a bit tricky to navigate at the best of times.I spotted that latitude run their sound systems til the morning - so hoped for some house/techno/dnb.I see they booked Dave Seaman,Darren Emmerson and Danny Howells last year - which would have ticked my prog house boxes quite easily at least. Ill keep my fingers crossed - Lets see?They dont need to go far to find cutting edge DJ,s in the area.I went to Maui Waui festival last year and they had loads of local talent.

On 4/11/2024 at 11:47 AM, simonthecyclist said:

Thanks Chappie - my first latitude after 10 years of Glastonbury - where the late night area can be a bit tricky to navigate at the best of times.I spotted that latitude run their sound systems til the morning - so hoped for some house/techno/dnb.I see they booked Dave Seaman,Darren Emmerson and Danny Howells last year - which would have ticked my prog house boxes quite easily at least. Ill keep my fingers crossed - Lets see?They dont need to go far to find cutting edge DJ,s in the area.I went to Maui Waui festival last year and they had loads of local talent.

There are always some good late night music options and you are right it is a lot easier to navigate compared to the logistical and stamina challenges of Glasto after hours.

If you are into House/D&B/Techno then you are likely to find an option each night after hours...but probably not to expect that there are lot's of different options every night like Glasto where you are spoilt for choice.

Your best bet is probably going to be the sunrise arena, seen some really good people there, that is where you are most likely going to see "proper" electronic music.  The other late night stuff is probably going to be a bit cheesy for your tastes I reckon (The comedy tent is usually Guilty pleasures, Ultimate Power type things, the woods usually has a mix of stuff but again pretty mainstream mix of stuff, disco shed is pretty random).  Good fun.... but it isn't "cutting edge".  

Also, to set your expectations it doesn't go as late as Glasto, more like 03:00am I think for the main late night areas miiiight be some stuff that is a bit later but I've not done that late.  The crowd is sometimes a bit...Latitude....which is to say, you might wonder whether the majority of the audience have ever been to a proper nightclub before.  Last year there was a lot of people doing an "oot oot" chant in the tent which got really annoying really quickly.

I do want this to come across as balanced because I have had some fantastic nights with friends at Latitude to dance music + it can feel like an old school rave in the woods if the music, weather and crowd is right.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

There are always some good late night music options and you are right it is a lot easier to navigate compared to the logistical and stamina challenges of Glasto after hours.

If you are into House/D&B/Techno then you are likely to find an option each night after hours...but probably not to expect that there are lot's of different options every night like Glasto where you are spoilt for choice.

Your best bet is probably going to be the sunrise arena, seen some really good people there, that is where you are most likely going to see "proper" electronic music.  The other late night stuff is probably going to be a bit cheesy for your tastes I reckon (The comedy tent is usually Guilty pleasures, Ultimate Power type things, the woods usually has a mix of stuff but again pretty mainstream mix of stuff, disco shed is pretty random).  Good fun.... but it isn't "cutting edge".  

Also, to set your expectations it doesn't go as late as Glasto, more like 03:00am I think for the main late night areas miiiight be some stuff that is a bit later but I've not done that late.  The crowd is sometimes a bit...Latitude....which is to say, you might wonder whether the majority of the audience have ever been to a proper nightclub before.  Last year there was a lot of people doing an "oot oot" chant in the tent which got really annoying really quickly.

I do want this to come across as balanced because I have had some fantastic nights with friends at Latitude to dance music + it can feel like an old school rave in the woods if the music, weather and crowd is right.

Ha Thanks G.O.H!.. - that an excellent summary.I Did have a little laugh at your "Latitude" crowd point!.I had heard similar comments from mates that have been before.I fancied a break from Glasto this year and my fam couldn't get tickets anyway, so we looked for something that was  closer to home and less of a pilgrimage. Ill keep my ears and eyes open  for that "old school rave!" (;

15 hours ago, simonthecyclist said:

Ha Thanks G.O.H!.. - that an excellent summary.I Did have a little laugh at your "Latitude" crowd point!.I had heard similar comments from mates that have been before.I fancied a break from Glasto this year and my fam couldn't get tickets anyway, so we looked for something that was  closer to home and less of a pilgrimage. Ill keep my ears and eyes open  for that "old school rave!" (;

No worries. Yeah that old school rave vibe was a few years ago to be fair and I was pretty trashed lol, but I always think they should play that sort of music in the woods area.  

You'll defo find something good to keep you occupied until the small hours. 

• Upvote 1

Hello all, I've never been to Latitude. I would like to see Orbital at some point this summer. Unfortunately can't attend their date in Glasgow. I thought about getting a day ticket for the Saturday of Latitude but the rest of the days line up is a shocker, imo. Am I approaching this wrong? Is there plenty going on away from the 2 main live stages? Is a day ticket practical enough or would I have to leave the site/miss out on some good DJs later on? Any advice appreciated. Years ago my pal was at Latitude along with The Twilight Sad and bumped into folk like Nick Cave etc. However the Latitude booking approach appears to have changed a good deal since then.

2 hours ago, Johndenis said:

Hello all, I've never been to Latitude. I would like to see Orbital at some point this summer. Unfortunately can't attend their date in Glasgow. I thought about getting a day ticket for the Saturday of Latitude but the rest of the days line up is a shocker, imo. Am I approaching this wrong? Is there plenty going on away from the 2 main live stages? Is a day ticket practical enough or would I have to leave the site/miss out on some good DJs later on? Any advice appreciated. Years ago my pal was at Latitude along with The Twilight Sad and bumped into folk like Nick Cave etc. However the Latitude booking approach appears to have changed a good deal since then.

Hi, I think anyone who went to the original Latitudes will tell you (with a wistful look in their eye) that the line-ups now are very different to how they used to be and it definitely aims at a much more mainstream demographic.  That said there is plenty on the smaller stages if you dig into the lineup a bit.  I don't know if it is widely publicised but there is a small campsite for day ticket holders so you can enjoy the post headliner stuff, have a drink and camp before heading off the next day.  I think it is basically in a car park and pretty basic but I've got friends that have used it several times.  Dependent on the weather and the after hours lineup (which will be announced closer to the time) there could be some fun stuff happening after hours.   There is plenty happening on site which isn't on the main 2 stages.  it is actually really cool to go and watch the comedy or the podcast tent and there will be newer/smaller bands on the smaller stages that are worth checking out as well.  Even though the lineup can look a bit unappealing I always enjoy my time at Latitude as an overall experience.  Hope that is useful.

• Upvote 1