Visiting the site

ian_sw

7 minutes ago, deadponyclub said:

thanks, I'm pretty sure they would be but wasn't able to find the public notice on Mendip council saying which dates it was from!

I think its usually shut off from early May....I went there ahead of the 2016 festival towards the end of April and it was fine then...nothing had been started at that point.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

I think its usually shut off from early May....I went there ahead of the 2016 festival towards the end of April and it was fine then...nothing had been started at that point.

early May bank holiday rings a bell 

20 minutes ago, deadponyclub said:

does anyone know if the 2 public footpaths that go through the site are already closed off?

Yes, last week we wandered the lanes around the perimeter and saw the site from the skate park. Didn’t do the public footpath to the tithe barn as it leads down to the working site. Workers everywhere. Great to see!  Had a nice chat with the security guard at Mary’s Gate.  There was a fish and chip van there last year but no sign of it last week. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, deadponyclub said:

Does anyone know if it’s still possible to park at the skate park and walk down Cockmill Lane outside the fence? Not sure if you now need a Pilton village car pass…

Yes. I do it a few times a week. They only officially close the village a week before. There are security on the access roads but those are for checking trucks don't go the wrong way 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 3:39 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, last week we wandered the lanes around the perimeter and saw the site from the skate park. Didn’t do the public footpath to the tithe barn as it leads down to the working site. Workers everywhere. Great to see!  Had a nice chat with the security guard at Mary’s Gate.  There was a fish and chip van there last year but no sign of it last week. 

the chip van is now in the pub car park every Tuesday.

51 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

the chip van is now in the pub car park every Tuesday.

any news from the well this year? And the hi tech weather equipment obvs! 😀

22 hours ago, stuie said:

any news from the well this year? And the hi tech weather equipment obvs! 😀

Unfortunately we are embargoed over the period ( working down the farm) and can't find a way of putting out some quality info with the time available to us. Who knows about next year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 5:52 PM, ian_sw said:

Afternoon,

Having a break near the festival site next month and wondering if it is ok to visit the site? Appreciate it is a working farm so don’t want to intrude or trespass but am sure I’ve seen people comment on having a walk round and see the dragon, stone circle and pyramid etc

it would be just us, the kids and dog on lead.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks 

Best time to go is a week or after. 
everything is still up and people are still milling about. 

we went for a pedal last year & I found a guitar pick on the pyramid!! 

b3297579-0922-47e5-8ca4-5cf460b93499.jpeg

IMG_0751.jpeg

21 minutes ago, deadponyclub said:

can anyone local (or already onsite) tell me if this route is walkable at the moment?

all on roads which I think are open to public except for the footpaths up by Pennard Hill Farm / Worthy View area which I think aren't closed off yet...

image.png.0ec8ed120802df1b6ec34c809f8f6741.png

Yep, definitely walkable. beware some of the footpaths to the east of Pennard hill farm were not particularly well kept when I walked there a few weeks ago - very overgrown if I could find them at all. 

The only thing I would change is that you really don't want to walk along the A361 - there is a diverted footpath that goes all the way around the superfence that I would take instead

1 minute ago, EavisAintDead said:

Yep, definitely walkable. beware some of the footpaths to the east of Pennard hill farm were not particularly well kept when I walked there a few weeks ago - very overgrown if I could find them at all. 

The only thing I would change is that you really don't want to walk along the A361 - there is a diverted footpath that goes all the way around the superfence that I would take instead

thank you, appreciate the A361 footpath tip!