Odd Moments

FuzzyDunlop

In a similar vein, Ja Ja Ding Dong got played about the same time before Måneskin came out.

Seeing a bloke absolutely kick off at the Duck Truck about 7 o'clock Sunday evening and start throwing homophobic abuse around, because they'd had the temerity to put salad with his order was definitely a bizarre one

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Rammstein - Deutschland being one of the warm up tunes through the Pyramid 7 or 8 mins before Elton John. I was laughing at that. 

Its a sign 👀 Rammstein for the pyramid in 2024! what will they set fire to, other than absolutely everything? 

I tell you what was odd (although I have also recently discovered this isn't a new thing) was when I was led down enjoying a bit of the old reggae music from Third World, and then the frontman just, out of nowhere, blasts a opera ballad to 'Time to Say Goodbye.' I had to stand up at that point to check what was going on as I had just assumed the act had finished and they invited a random opera geezer on stage to have a chance to sing.

1 minute ago, Joey01 said:

Elton is a big Rammstein fan (I'm being serious here), and he'll have chosen the warm up playlist. The song has also been chosen in the playlist for the rest of his tour, and he has played them in his 'Rocket Hour' podcast.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1380188478828589

It doesnt surprise me to be honest, Elton loves bombast and showmanship, and there's nobody else who provides such a live spectacle as Rammstein.

The Till stuff is a bit worrying (though the main reported verified bit of the story seems to be - groupie is procured and propositioned, she says no, Till gets mildly annoyed and heads off, and nobody is hurt or groped at any time - the potential drugging is the worrying bit) but Rammstein don't mind playing festivals, i've seen them at Sonisphere and Download, and while they're currently touring on their own colossal stage and set up, im sure if they happened to be given the big G they'd make it happen with some planning and foresight. It would be absolutely epic, on a scale not ever seen before. I think it'd scare a few people off the field after five minutes though 😄 and the pit would have not a single eyebrow left in it

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Rammstein - Deutschland being one of the warm up tunes through the Pyramid 7 or 8 mins before Elton John. I was laughing at that. 

You could hear it on the BBC iPlayer live feed on Sunday night.