Courteeners set. St Jude or Not?

johnny-yen

I was there, it was a great night. All the merch they're flogging contains lyrics from the first album.. I'd imagine the set will be heavily influenced by St Jude but they'll get some of their later hits in too, can't imagine them doing the full album

I've never really got the courteeners. I don't mind them but probably won't see them this year. "You're not 19 forever, pull yourself together" is lyrical genius though fair play to Mr. Fray

Random fact, I've done jobs in the drummers dad's house (r.i.p) and Liam's dad's house. 

I’ll be at Courteeners over Foos. Celebrating 15 years since they first played Glasto, also 15 years since St Jude was released. 

Always going to be St Jude heavy but I’m sure they’ll mix it up slightly as well as sticking in a cover or two. Their cover of There Is A Light That Never Goes Out is class, but if the Blossoms & Rick Astley are covering The Smiths in the TBA straight after them as rumoured, I can’t imagine they’ll be doing it.

10 hours ago, plaskins said:

I've never really got the courteeners. I don't mind them but probably won't see them this year. "You're not 19 forever, pull yourself together" is lyrical genius though fair play to Mr. Fray

Random fact, I've done jobs in the drummers dad's house (r.i.p) and Liam's dad's house. 

It just fell at the right time for me. It was my first year at uni, the demos started coming through, the gigs were absolutely wild. For a time, to me anyway, it felt like they were really gonna be my next big thing. It didn't turn out that way, I loved the second record as well but things very quickly fell away after that

Most likely going to Courteeners as well, and kind of hoping Foos are the Churnups so Woodies is a little less busy.  There's not much I'm bothered about seeing before either so plenty of time to get there early and sink a few on the grass outside.

Saw Courteeners at Royal Albert Hall in March and they played most of, if not all, St Jude and it was a fantastic night.  Hopefully next week will be just as good.