Ladies what are we wearing

Smashersss

14 minutes ago, jadedj said:

How many jumpers / sweatshirts do you tend to take? Concerned about space getting on the coach but also concerned about feeling cold and potentially gross because I didn't take enough and have to wear the same ones 😅

One of my Glastonbury lessons is that I end up wearing the same stuff a lot anyway so there is no point in carrying more than you need to. My first Glastonbury I literally went in what I stood up in and lived and slept in those clothes for 3 days but that was old skool Glastonbury and I accept it’s a bit more refined now.

Definitely in terms of jumpers/hoodies - I only ever take 2 & that’s in case one gets wet and needs a day to be a bit dryer.

Im with everyone else here shorts/skirts/dresses, with leggings & tights to throw on under them when it’s cold. Then a hoodie or jumper & a good waterproof & shoes with support - so walking boots or running trainers where possible rather than wellies or converse.

Clothes wise if I had one tip it’d be treat yourself to a set of new socks. They feel surprisingly like luxury when you put them on each day.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, amfy said:

One of my Glastonbury lessons is that I end up wearing the same stuff a lot anyway so there is no point in carrying more than you need to. My first Glastonbury I literally went in what I stood up in and lived and slept in those clothes for 3 days but that was old skool Glastonbury and I accept it’s a bit more refined now.

Great advice. I always take home loads of stuff I didn't wear.

Also, don't forget that there is LOADS of clothing available on site. In 2010 I bought a dress, more to wear over my shoulders to protect them from the 100 degree sun (I knew I'd get more future wear out of a dress than a shawl). I still have that dress. It cost me £2.

Probably not the same bargains to be had but there is cheap clothing available if you find you forgot something.

2 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

Also, don't forget that there is LOADS of clothing available on site.

Anyone looking to add to their wardrobe over the weekend, may I suggest you check out Nimpy clothing in the craft field.

Not cheap, but totally unique

https://www.nimpy.co.uk/

Edited by Skip997
  • Like 1

Also - a really large but light scarf can be tied to your bag when you don’t near it, go over your shoulders if you’re at risk of being sunburnt, round your neck when it’s cold, and be something to sit on as long as it’s dry. 

• Upvote 2

For me its Blunstone boots, high waisted denim or some linen shorts, linen top (breathable and keeps you cool) and then an oversized shirt over the top if needed and either a cap or bucket hat. I also have a cross over bodybag for all my bits. Then for the evening I often swap the shorts for some fun leggings and add a big hoodie and camo / oversized jacket on top with a beanie if its chilly! Fresh out the packet socks each day is a real treat too 🙂 oh and a Rains jacket ...not that its going to be needed !!! 

2 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

Big shout out to anyone who can recommend an absurdly comfortable bra. Looking at braletts. But so much out there. 

M&S flexifit non wired crop top. Good coverage bralet style and holds the gals in place but not the cutest if you want to show it off. Incredibly comfy, though! 

I really admire folks who go out of their way to dress up.  The sheer size of the site, probably not going back to the tent during the day as well as the weather variables make me go for jeans, T-shirt and hiking boots... Very unexciting.

1 hour ago, Kashkin said:

Those who go out in shorts and then add leggings later for the evening, how/where does the switcheroo happen? Do you just whip your shorts down in a public area? Can't imagine wanting to get changed in the toilets...

Yes whip down in a corner of a public area. Nobody really cares and at my age of 55 wants to look lol! It's an 8 second job at most. Done in a flash

2 hours ago, Kashkin said:

Those who go out in shorts and then add leggings later for the evening, how/where does the switcheroo happen? Do you just whip your shorts down in a public area? Can't imagine wanting to get changed in the toilets...

I do get changed in the long drops but it has to be a decent set like those up by the acoustic, & definitely not the absolute hellholes on the railway line.

I also can’t remember doing this on a wet & muddy year & trying to deal with muddy boots during the changeover, but that is probably because that outfit would already be on from earlier in the day.

3 hours ago, Kashkin said:

Yeah, there are quiet areas here and there. Around the Theatre & Circus fields is good. You can sometimes get a bit of privacy behind a tent. But quite honestly, people have got better things to look at than my pants.

It's quite liberating in a way.

4 hours ago, Kashkin said:

We head back to the tent to get changed and have pre evening drinks before heading back out...means can repack bags and get warm layers on, ready for the night ahead 💃