Disposable vapes ban

Euphoricape

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I don't like the idea of spending £50 on getting a proper setup - not because of money, i know its cheaper with time - but i would then always have that at home and would use it more and find it harder to stop.

£50? Try £15 including 2x free juices - less than a pack of fags. image.thumb.png.08229786b12e3e328874124328486089.png

8 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

£50? Try £15 including 2x free juices - less than a pack of fags. image.thumb.png.08229786b12e3e328874124328486089.png

Just one more nod from you that you rate it as a good one to try and I'll order one of those.

It'll be my first ever vape - no pressure 😉

14 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Just one more nod from you that you rate it as a good one to try and I'll order one of those.

It'll be my first ever vape - no pressure 😉

I really like them, I have a couple so I can swap the cart over and charge the other and they've got me through a slew of festivals now. New pods are £9 for 3 and last ages as long as you avoid the sugary/custardy juices which 'cook' quicker.

The Vinci Q is even cheaper at £9, but plastic so a little more care needed. https://www.vapestore.co.uk/voopoo-vinci-q-pod-kit.html - might be a better start point. Just need to be sure you remove the cart from the device before trying to pop the lid off for a refill.

25 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Thanks frosty, I'll give it a whirl and let you know how I get on.

I've been cutting down on the fags using 'will power' - with moderate success - but bearded theory showed festivals are my downfall. Time to give vaping a try

Hope it works for you, resisting the itch at festivals has got to be the hardest thing. Blissfully lost all interest now. 

5 hours ago, gfa said:

Without a doubt. So many people i know never would smoke cigs back 5 years ago but are hooked on vapes

Fair enough

I think your value thing on the last page was a narrow way of looking at it though

I don't like the idea of spending £50 on getting a proper setup - not because of money, i know its cheaper with time - but i would then always have that at home and would use it more and find it harder to stop.

Oh I've been vaping since 2011, since the days of Ecigs that looked like normal ciggies that you had to import from China (Alibaba, even before the days of Aliexpress!) I had no intention of quitting smoking, but quickly realised I enjoyed vaping too, and that it was potentially healthier. I tried it for a few months and found I could suddenly play football and jog again without wheezing, and I knew right then it was the right move for me. Haven't looked back since, but no intention to quit, ever... I enjoy it. 

At one point I had around 50 large mods, was making my own coils, mixing my own liquids, and buying everything in bulk from China, either individually or as part of 'group buys.' Nowadays it's less 'hobbyist' as I've found my groove. 

But yeh, if you do get into the bigger mods, be warned that you may become a little obsessed with finding the perfect one, and it may end up costing a little more, ok, well maybe a lot more than I set out in my post. 😉 

And if you don't  like the idea, that's ok too... There's some good recommendations for pod systems here in this thread, still not ideal, as the plastic pods are disposable (unless you don't mind a bit of jank and learn to refill them. 😉) But they're a hell of a lot better than disposables.

2 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Is that a refillable pod???

Wow, that's brilliant... There you go @gfa ignore the last bit in my previous post about 'Jank,' there's even refillable pods in the same form factor as disposables!!!

On 6/9/2023 at 3:11 PM, frostypaw said:

cheers - i did know cheaper things existed was just making the point 🙂 

i think my mate actually had one of these

On 6/9/2023 at 6:05 PM, Alvoram said:

Is that a refillable pod???

Wow, that's brilliant... There you go @gfa ignore the last bit in my previous post about 'Jank,' there's even refillable pods in the same form factor as disposables!!!

I ended up buying a vuse thing and its absolute shite. flavour tastes horrendous and the battery is pretty sh*t too it seems.

Will get one of these when i lose that or something

On 6/9/2023 at 3:11 PM, frostypaw said:

Have ordered one of these for backup. 

I've got an i-solo mini, and loads of juices. Have been vaping for ages and can't fault totally wicked flavours. £35 for 12 juices a month makes them a few quid per bottle, and you can chop and change as you like. https://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk

1 hour ago, gfa said:

cheers - i did know cheaper things existed was just making the point 🙂 

i think my mate actually had one of these

I ended up buying a vuse thing and its absolute shite. flavour tastes horrendous and the battery is pretty sh*t too it seems.

Will get one of these when i lose that or something

They seem to do an upgraded model with bigger battery and actual control over the power for around a tenner more… Would go with that personally.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VOOPOO-Integrated-Cartridge-Adjustable-Nicotine/dp/B0BY9JPTQ8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=voopoo+vinci+3&qid=1686494298&sr=8-1

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

They seem to do an upgraded model with bigger battery and actual control over the power for around a tenner more… Would go with that personally.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VOOPOO-Integrated-Cartridge-Adjustable-Nicotine/dp/B0BY9JPTQ8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=voopoo+vinci+3&qid=1686494298&sr=8-1

Actually ditched everything fancy like this on purpose specifically for festival purposes - keep it to something I could shrug at losing and that can't get messed up by a little sand/dust/etc so no slidey things or buttons/etc.

In the end never went back to fancier. Just so easy and simple by comparison. I can see why the disposables are so attractive - it's the next step along that path and almost back to the ease with which you could just buy some ciggies and go.

19 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Actually ditched everything fancy like this on purpose specifically for festival purposes - keep it to something I could shrug at losing and that can't get messed up by a little sand/dust/etc so no slidey things or buttons/etc.

In the end never went back to fancier. Just so easy and simple by comparison. I can see why the disposables are so attractive - it's the next step along that path and almost back to the ease with which you could just buy some ciggies and go.

Oh I get that, and it makes perfect sense. But this was in response to GFA finding the Vuse rubbish. A bit more control and a bigger battery may suit them better.  

Edited by Alvoram

Let's be honest disposables should be banned but they serve a purpose been vaping for 8 years and seen massive growth in the tech used. Why there hasn't been better use of recycling can only be put down to the companies not being forced to do so, ban systems that can't be recycled and you will see sudden movement. 

I have always said the vape industry will kill itself because of the colourful packaging and flavours like milkshake will make it attractive to kids. I still believe it will. 

I choose to smoke cigs at the festival sad but its right for me and I make sure my butt's go in the bin. 

• 5 months later...
On 11/26/2023 at 1:48 AM, brogdonly said:

Just stumbled upon this thread while searching for some info about the disposable vapes ban. It's a bit of a downer that they're not allowed anymore, but I get it; safety first.

It's not a downer, long overdue. Environmentally awful and make it easier for kids to vape. A wonder they were ever allowed. Should be a 21 statute on them too - no-one has a clue yet what health issues they'll  cause.

Edited by kerplunk
spam

On 11/26/2023 at 2:08 PM, Alvoram said:

Glad this thread has come back up... Those that tried the VOOPOO Vinci that @frostypaw recommended, how did you get on? @kerplunk @gfa

I don't really smoke much anymore, usually get cigs or the occasional disposable

I have cut down massively and have 0 need for a device that will just get me hooked due to ease. I did have a vuse for a bit which was fine

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I don't really smoke much anymore, usually get cigs or the occasional disposable

I have cut down massively and have 0 need for a device that will just get me hooked due to ease. I did have a vuse for a bit which was fine

Well done... After nearly 13 years of vaping, just this October I started reducing my nicotine down from 18mg, and am now down to 3 bottles of 6mg left before I move to zero... Hopefully I'll be off them by glasto. 

• Like 1