Worthy View Booze

Hulkes_Hogan

Hi!

first time staying at WV this year and am wondering if my group may have an issue bringing booze in. We’re arriving at different times with one member of our group of 4 bring all of our drink down (he’s the only one driving). We’ll probably have quite a bit c.100 cans, with my cause to worry being what WV mentioned last year…

Does anybody have any experience here please?

Thanks!

Dan

AEB325E3-3628-4D8E-AEDA-034B4A3A31C9.png

1 minute ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I think those are the same parameters as the main festival aren't they?

Quite possibly! 

I think the sticking point may well be that we’ll all need to do a car park run to get fetch it after he arrives, may well look a bit dodgy. I suspect they’ll have bigger fish to fry but we’d all rather he bought it in his car than lug it individually on public transport.

9 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Why does it say spirits AND glass bottles are not permitted? Do we think it should say spirits IN glass bottles are not permitted? Surely they don't mean we can't take spirits in.

It would be futile anyway - just decant vodka into a lemonade or water bottle etc.

As everyone says, the car park is right across a lane from the WV entrance.  Take in some of your cans and leave the rest for later.  I did this last year.  They won't know/care whether you took your booze in on the first run or not.

We had no issues with decanted spirits in squash bottles.   They are only looking for glass.

7 hours ago, Hulkes_Hogan said:

Quite possibly! 

I think the sticking point may well be that we’ll all need to do a car park run to get fetch it after he arrives, may well look a bit dodgy. I suspect they’ll have bigger fish to fry but we’d all rather he bought it in his car than lug it individually on public transport.

How was he planning to carry 100 cans + all his stuff otherwise? Even with a trolley thats a lot for one person!

10 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Why does it say spirits AND glass bottles are not permitted? Do we think it should say spirits IN glass bottles are not permitted? Surely they don't mean we can't take spirits in.

💯 bad wording - you can take spirits in to WV  Just decant them into plastic bottles. We’ve done this for years and had no issues. 

27 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

💯 bad wording - you can take spirits in to WV  Just decant them into plastic bottles. We’ve done this for years and had no issues. 

Yeah I took some in last year but wasn't actually searched. Agree it must be badly worded.