Best way to get to Worthy View from coach drop-off?

O'Doyle Rules

Did the shuttle last year on Thursday after a 0700 coach (actually left at 0800) from London. 

Shuttle is long and packed and it didn’t drop us off near the entrance. Had to walk through a couple of fields, took about ten minutes. 

We walked the first year we did it and it was tough going but not awful, depending on what you’re carrying. The next year it was so hot we decided to wait for the shuttle. Took a while to come but we had a few cans and chilled in the sun which was nice. 

3 hours ago, LMK said:

We walked the first year we did it and it was tough going but not awful, depending on what you’re carrying. The next year it was so hot we decided to wait for the shuttle. Took a while to come but we had a few cans and chilled in the sun which was nice. 

Good strategy 👍

• Like 1

There is a shuttle. If youre going early it shouldnt take you too long to take it and then get taken to WV. As mentioned you can walk all the way across if you dont mind taking a couple hours to do so if you stop and take in the scenery. But the hill will be brutal if youve got all your stuff with you and its decently heavy so keep that in mind. The walk up the little hill to the entrance after shuttle drop off isnt that bad, but youre 99% there so not the end of the world.

Edited by Suprefan

28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not allowed.

We've got round it in the past by buying a WV car park pass and getting the taxi to display it.

Now then as it happens I’ve already got one of those as was planning on driving !! Thanks for quick reply 

We walked last year, early Thurs morning and it was a great way to show my husband the site a little to get an idea on the way across as he was a first timer and I think even scale etc hard to comprehend...the hill at the end is steep though! 

We had small packs, I was in early pregnancy so more tired than usual and it took about an hour? An extra hour soaking up site sights though better spent than the shuttle and shuttle queue in my book ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark H said:

There was a camping supply shop by the food stalls last year. I saw people picking up airbeds there.

Great, thanks! I think we rented an airbed for the weekend before and just had to leave it in our tent at the end. Can’t see any info about that. WV used to be active on Twitter but don’t seem to be anymore