Bearded Theory 2024

3 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Will go and no doubt have a great weekend but for me personally not a line up that excites me. Definitely won't be getting early birds until after the line up is announced next year. 

I'm feeling the same way.  There's acts on the line-up that I'm looking forward to but overall not the best for me personally.  I'm still looking forward to the weekend though as I've always had a brilliant time in previous years. A less packed must-see list means I can have more of a wander and spend time at some of the smaller stages.

Now just hoping for 2023 weather! ☀️

25 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It's both cleverer cloggs

To be fair The Orb weren't announced for both, it was Orbital.

But yes both doing 2 sets 🥳

Edited by Paul ™
Mistake

OK, not seen anyone comment on this yet.......................

CODA has just 12 acts listed in the fiull line up.
So that must mean it has li mited opening times or is going to be used as something else in the day with dance stuff starting at 10pm onwards.

That or they are all playing for several hours each

8 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So that must mean it has li mited opening times or is going to be used as something else in the day with dance stuff starting at 10pm onwards.

You stole that from me on Facebook 😉

11 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

You might want to re read your post LOL

Sorry already am 6 beers in as you do in Goa 🥳😂

Heads up on Dexy's

They like to do Album sets and all last year did their 6th Album live with a chunk of Dexy's Midnight Runners stuff at the end and not many you would likely know til the last 3 or 4.

They might not, but I got caught out once by it and it was awful.

11 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Heads up on Dexy's

They like to do Album sets and all last year did their 6th Album live with a chunk of Dexy's Midnight Runners stuff at the end and not many you would likely know til the last 3 or 4.

They might not, but I got caught out once by it and it was awful.

Even at a festival though? On what I am expecting to be a sunset Pallet slot.

45 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Also has anyone questioned the size, and potentially position, of the new tent? Can't see those size of acts bring safe in Magical Sounds.

8 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Even at a festival though? On what I am expecting to be a sunset Pallet slot.

Yes even at festivals and I agree, Sunday sunset slot I reckon. Before JA

I so hope they don't do it - thankfully they usually list it in programmes now so folks know.

9 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Also has anyone questioned the size, and potentially position, of the new tent? Can't see those size of acts bring safe in Magical Sounds.

I am sure many have but we don't know.

I have looked at number of acts from last year on main stages inc MS and there were 205 in all in Thursday

This year we have 199 names inc Thursday.

I expect a few of the others on the unknown stage list to pop up in CODA, stuff like Stereo MC's, Don Letts, Beatles Dub Club etc perhaps

Edited by Nobody Interesting

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am sure many have but we don't know.

I have looked at number of acts from last year on main stages inc MS and there were 205 in all in Thursday

This year we have 199 names inc Thursday.

I expect a few of the others on the unknown stage list to pop up in CODA, stuff like Stereo MC's, Don Letts, Beatles Dub Club etc perhaps

Beatles Dub Club are Thursday though. I am guessing he will play Pallet between two bands. Worked well on Hell stage at Flastonbury last year. Do you reckon dark blue means Pallet, Meadow and Woodland? Would all those fit across those stages or too many?

6 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Beatles Dub Club are Thursday though. I am guessing he will play Pallet between two bands. Worked well on Hell stage at Flastonbury last year. Do you reckon dark blue means Pallet, Meadow and Woodland? Would all those fit across those stages or too many?

I missed that extra addition to Thursday

Dark blue cannot mean that else where is the Beans Takeover going which is in Green.

There has to be some  CODA in the dark blue otherwise there are more bands on those 3 stages than last year

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I missed that extra addition to Thursday

Dark blue cannot mean that else where is the Beans Takeover going which is in Green.

There has to be some  CODA in the dark blue otherwise there are more bands on those 3 stages than last year

Beans is definitely all day Saturday on Woodland.

I just can't place many of those in the new dance tent. Possibly the dance tent will be a punk or ska tent during the day similar to what Leeds Festival used to do? From memory it was a different genre each day.

Beans Takeover poster has no Jess Silk but she is on the Main announcement as being part of it. Guess she might play late evening or 'headline'

Possibly. This is Jays announcement. I think she is friends with him too. It could be Jess does like Muddy Summers did last year and played a gig at start followed by Jay doing acousitc set then the festival followed. He didnt technically headline last year, the festival takeover finished whilst Interpol were still on and Lanterns On Lake headlined Woodland who were nothing to di with his day.Screenshot_20240228_124824_Facebook.thumb.jpg.252cfd6d6803267484d38b30205f0037.jpg

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Let the experts deal with infrastructure , logistics, crowd management, crowd density and flows and you just worry about the set times 😉

5 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Let the experts deal with infrastructure , logistics, crowd management, crowd density and flows and you just worry about the set times 😉

What about the stage splits?

Will someone please think of the stage splits

Edited by Nobody Interesting

She is growing......... guesses and some actual info added and will keep being added.

Any info you have, tag me in this thread and I will note it.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2024

Where is dub club on woodland info? Also i think Woodland on Sat is wrong. Beans in both opening and closing.