Anyone else not 'feeling' it?

Chrisp1986

I know where you’re coming from. The lineup this year for me is lacking in excitement, I’m only going with a single mate (rather than our usual larger group) and leaving my wife and daughter behind. 

Just watched this video though and it’s brought back all the good feelings that only this festival can create. 3 weeks to go!

I wasn’t feeling it until I put together my clashfinder and realised there’s somewhere if not multiple places I want to be at any given time. Especially the night time stuff where I want to be at 7 different places at the same time even though when it comes round to it I’ll probably be at none of them and having a blast somewhere else

Want to spend time at the revamped dance village, loads of time in shangri la, feel like I should try out block 9 a bit more this year, arcadia probably Sunday night and a bit on Friday, sensation seekers for the grand return of the wheel and some how finding time for random wandering and distractions of bars along the way. I am proper buzzing now 

EDIT I forgot to mention temple which I have planned a majority of Saturday night around

Edited by a6l6e6x

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Complete load of bollox imo 

Be taking it easy this time considering that as an oldie I don't have a clue on who these other bands are lolol... Old son has never been true lolol 

When some one like Central cee tops the manic street preachers some thing is WRONG..

It's glasto but it's not Glastonbury 

But Central Cee is huge at the moment. The yutes will be loving it and that's what the festival's about for me these days.

I love watching new acts on their way to stardom or oblivion (slowthai?)

We'll be at Manics too, I'm surprised they've got such a prominent spot tbh, was expecting Park or even Woodsies.

Maybe not the best ever line up but still Glastonbury and if you have been before will know that it is so much more than the line up - it’s the place and the atmosphere. It will be amazing! I was not lucky in getting a ticket and am chuffed to be working it instead and I can’t flippin wait. 

9 hours ago, Nice hymer said:

But Central Cee is huge at the moment. The yutes will be loving it and that's what the festival's about for me these days.

I love watching new acts on their way to stardom or oblivion (slowthai?)

We'll be at Manics too, I'm surprised they've got such a prominent spot tbh, was expecting Park or even Woodsies.

Christ I listened to him and I know I Don't like the rap crap I thought him REALLY BAD but as you have said its a younger crowd.. Time to pass the batton on me thinks lol..

On the note that they should be at the pj stage.. Woodsies... That I disagree with unless the music at that stage is going to change as its was always new bands... But maybe that's the park..... 

On 5/30/2023 at 3:31 PM, Skip997 said:

Okay

I'll get massively excited

The dance/electronica is off the scale superb

I'm absolutely stoked with the dance music lineup this year.  It's looking increasingly like my festival hours waking hours will be 1200-0700 this year vs 0900-0200...

On 5/30/2023 at 7:49 AM, Stone_Love said:

Yeah me. I wanted my 5 year old and my wife to come with me.  The wife was insistent she would wait for our 16 year old's GCSE timetable. I encouraged her to just put the deposit down but she wouldn't be persuaded.  My last Glastonbury was 2017 - the year we got pregnant with our five year old.  In that time I have been a stay at home dad and have barely had a night away from our five year old.  I'm going with an old friend but without my wife and daughter I'm really not feeling it. My wife thinks it will do me good to go and be me but I'm far from convinced. 

Spending a bit of time by and for yourself is healthy.  Its the one festival I do without my wife (she's a teacher, so...) and whilst I have a load of mates there, it's good to spend some time just focused on me.  It gives me space to have a bit of a mental rummage around and sort-out, to not have to think or worry about others, and to just relax for a bit.  I do miss her, and I can imagine that I'd miss a kid (if we had one) even more, especially one who I'd spent so much time with - but you'll come back from the festival valuing that connection even more, and likely with a more rounded sense of self / your relationship with your family.

Or, you'll have a sh*t miserable time, and not be able to get over not being with your family - but at least you'll know that it's not for you in the future!

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

Spending a bit of time by and for yourself is healthy.  Its the one festival I do without my wife (she's a teacher, so...) and whilst I have a load of mates there, it's good to spend some time just focused on me.  It gives me space to have a bit of a mental rummage around and sort-out, to not have to think or worry about others, and to just relax for a bit.  I do miss her, and I can imagine that I'd miss a kid (if we had one) even more, especially one who I'd spent so much time with - but you'll come back from the festival valuing that connection even more, and likely with a more rounded sense of self / your relationship with your family.

Or, you'll have a sh*t miserable time, and not be able to get over not being with your family - but at least you'll know that it's not for you in the future!

Completely agree with this.  And bonus points for the phrase "mental rummage around".  Totally stealing that.