Diehard music fan smashes record by attending 86 concerts in one year

dulcificum

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2023/5/diehard-music-fan-smashes-record-by-attending-86-concerts-in-one-year-746407

This guy must be seriously trolling.

Before each concert, Joshua makes sure he has a pair of hi-fi earplugs, which he says have saved him on numerous occasions. 

He also makes sure to have gas in his car beforehand, an outfit picked out, and his tickets on hand.

Wow, NASA launch style preparation there. Imagine putting fuel in your car before driving. And bringing your ticket to a show.

“My fiancée was really happy when I won,” he said. 

“She said there were a couple of points where she would have given up, so seeing me so steadfast made her think ‘wow, if he could put up with this, he can put up with me.’”

"So steadfast" to leave the house and go to a gig?! And how tough that must be to put up with!

He reckons 86 gigs a year is noteworthy. And 600 bands in a lifetime is a lot.

Big Jeff does about 200 a year and has done well over 2000 in his life I'd imagine.

Hell, I don't go out much at all these days and I do at least 60 gigs a year. Several years with well over 100 gigs a year. And seen well over 5000 bands in my life.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 5:47 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Almost as if it's a cheap, viral-happy, constantly publicity seeking vehicle for a major international brewery whose records arm was set up by a pair of far-right activist twins, one of whom vehemently campaigned against the Irish in Britain having any freedom or rights until the IRA killed him.

Wasn't aware of this? Any more info?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/11/2023 at 4:53 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

That guy from Bristol must absolutely decimate this 

The guy in question 😉

On 5/18/2023 at 1:13 PM, dulcificum said:

Big Jeff does about 200 a year and has done well over 2000 in his life I'd imagine.